MitchCain

2 12 SSD subs

My buddy just sold me his SSD 12's already in a ported box at about 6 cu. He poked two holes in the surround of one speaker, I knew of this prior to buying them from him. I'm wondering what my options are. I do not want to re-cone it myself, I would like to send it in. However, he has had these subs for quite sometime, I'm almost positive the warranty has already expired. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Pics of the holes?

I believe Fi will cover the labor and you will be responsible for the shipping both ways and the cost of the recone. Might be well worth to have your subs freshend up to like new again.

Not big at all, I did it wit a screwgun when he was screwing them back in (Idiot, yea I know).

could just use some silicone as a cheap way to seal them. The warranty wouldn't matter anyways, that's user error, not manufacturer's.

Sillicone?...Its the surround of the dustcap on the subwoofer itself. It doesnt sound different, it jus looks back. If I sent them into Fi would they re-cone them? Im not worried about the cost, they are kinda older I wouldn't mind them being upgraded and just fix the holes.

Fi would recone them, yes.

Edited by NDMstang65

id deff look into recone, they are really easy to do by yourself, also it would be a fresh start like having new speakers, thats the only reason id do it, if your worried about the hole, just leave it unless theres a sound diffrenece