Sign in to follow this  
mustangsub

sub budget of 300- 400 need help with desicion!

i have 300-400 to spent on subs, they will be going in the back seat of my convertible mustang so space is workable and i am looking for sq over spl. am i better off getting 1 ported sa 12 or 2 sealed 10's. or 1 12 xcon or 2 10 xcons?

i have 300-400 to spent on subs, they will be going in the back seat of my convertible mustang so space is workable and i am looking for sq over spl. am i better off getting 1 ported sa 12 or 2 sealed 10's. or 1 12 xcon or 2 10 xcons?

either two sealed sa 10s or 1 ported xcon 12, IMO.

either two sealed sa 10s or 1 ported xcon 12, IMO.

thanks i was leaning towards the sa 10's . is there a big dif between the 10' s and 8's cuz if their isnt much a difference id like to get the 8's b/c they cost a lil less.

You need a lot of cone area and a lot of power. Realize once that top goes down, the bass goes bye bye as well. Even with the top up, it will never compare to a vehicle with a roof.

You need a lot of cone area and a lot of power. Realize once that top goes down, the bass goes bye bye as well. Even with the top up, it will never compare to a vehicle with a roof.

yes =(, sadly i deal with this with my speakers right now. but my ideal set up right now is an saz 1000d with 2 sa 8's in a ported box.

If your going for sq over spl and wanting to use a saz1000 then why not go with 2 dcon 10's sealed? Good sq with abilitly to get decently loud.

Edited by bowtieguy

If your going for sq over spl and wanting to use a saz1000 then why not go with 2 dcon 10's sealed? Good sq with abilitly to get decently loud.

damn, i actually might! 115 a sub is a good deal. what guage wire should i get 4?

damn, i actually might! 115 a sub is a good deal. what guage wire should i get 4?

For the amp? I would go no less than 4 for the power and ground.

yes, i already have alittle set up so all i have to do is rewire the amp wire and power