Babbar Khalsa

WHAT SHOULD I POWER 2 12'S FI BTL WITH ??

Hey everyone i am looking forward on buying 2 12's fi btl but i dont know what is the maximum amount of watts these subs can actually take. I read on there website that the new n3's take 3000 watts rms but dont know if this is actually true. What is a good amp to power this with? Am looking forward on sum crazy ass bass. And am not too concerned on my budget.

Specs This should help you out with the watts.

N3 link <<Directly to N3.

Edited by wannabang

Since you have to ask....don't buy BTL's.

are u going to upgrade ur alternator & buy additional batteries too ?

Yep thats already planned out

Who says you have to give these subs 3k?

well i want to have a shit load of bass, and its says on there site that one sub can take 3000 watts rms. so why not hit em up to the max?

They will handle 100Kw, it depends on the application. If you aren't retarded, they will handle more than rated, if you are retarded, you can blow them on 500 watts.

They will handle 100Kw, it depends on the application. If you aren't retarded, they will handle more than rated, if you are retarded, you can blow them on 500 watts.

I want to apply 3000 watts on one 12 inch, it says on there site that a 12 inch fi can handle 3000 watts rms (https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154da98730e41db/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/0070_N3/product_overview.shopscript#). do you know any good amps that can push out 3000. And give me an example of how a retard can blow up a 12 with 500 watts

X 2 no wait X100000, I dint really have to read the rest of this thread bc you stated in the first post "whats the maximum amount of watts it can take" this shows you dont know enough about audio to be buyin something this serious. DO you know how much currents the amp your choosing will draw?

I thought the N3 was ONLY for competing/burping???? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are going to be listening to music, you should stick to the N3..

My suggestion will be to get one of these

Two BTL N2,

Ohio Gen Alts, maybe 2 250As

A box tuned to your liking

And some XS batts

:peepwall:

no, they are just flat out loud, they aren't suited for smooth response.

X 2 no wait X100000, I dint really have to read the rest of this thread bc you stated in the first post "whats the maximum amount of watts it can take" this shows you dont know enough about audio to be buyin something this serious. DO you know how much currents the amp your choosing will draw?

well bro u are right i do not know much about car audio and this is why i posted this thread. I looked at auido q amps and found an amp that pushes out 2200 watts rms and has 200 amp fuse rating. as i mentioned i dont know much, is this enough to power a 12 inch fi. should i go with a 3000 watt amp? ur help is very much appreciated

well bro u are right i do not know much about car audio and this is why i posted this thread. I looked at auido q amps and found an amp that pushes out 2200 watts rms and has 200 amp fuse rating. as i mentioned i dont know much, is this enough to power a 12 inch fi. should i go with a 3000 watt amp? ur help is very much appreciated

OK OK OK I am a jack ass so just keep this in mind....I think the point that we are all getting at here is how much will have to go into putting 6000 watts on two BTL's in your car. We are talking 2 alternators each 200 amps minimum, 2 3100 batteries OR MORE. The subs, Box and Batteries will probably weight in at around 400 pounds give or take so you may have to add helper spring to your car. If you are totally aware of what will have to go into this we will help. You just gotta understand that we get 100 of these questions a month and 99 out of those are some high school puck just talking shit. Those sub in a proper box will get stupid on 2K and in that case you could save money and get BL's.

that AQ amp will be just fine, i power my BTL with a saz1500 even though its rated for 2000rms.. not a problem what so ever. You dont HAVE to run 3000watts.. especially if your asking these kinds of questions its probably better that you dont at this time. start a little slower maybe.

OK OK OK I am a jack ass so just keep this in mind....I think the point that we are all getting at here is how much will have to go into putting 6000 watts on two BTL's in your car. We are talking 2 alternators each 200 amps minimum, 2 3100 batteries OR MORE. The subs, Box and Batteries will probably weight in at around 400 pounds give or take so you may have to add helper spring to your car. If you are totally aware of what will have to go into this we will help. You just gotta understand that we get 100 of these questions a month and 99 out of those are some high school puck just talking shit. Those sub in a proper box will get stupid on 2K and in that case you could save money and get BL's.

hmmm man idk about dual alternator setup O and by the way i hate those highschool punk ass mother puckers, i am just inexperienced and looking forward on doing something big. the thing is is that i heard that a single 180 amo alternator and 1 yellow top would be enough, the guy who i was talking to said "ur not always going to be pushing out 6000 watts and the amp isnt always going to be using 200 amps from ur alternator". is there any way i can do a single alternator and 2 batteries? what do u call a proper box? do u have a good website that will tell me? sorry if my question are stupid or they just seem to make no sense but i really appreciate ur help bro. THANKS! I really plan on getting this shit done

Get a Sundown 3500D and get the N2's instead of the N3's.

why N2s?

N3's have too much motor and it makes the freqency response unbalanced. You could play one song and it'll be loud as shit and with a different song (or bass note) it won't be as loud. The N2 is designed more for music, while the N3 was designed to be just loud as fuck.

The N3 would be like driving a drag racer to work. It'll go fast yeah, but it won't turn, will ride horrible, and eat up gas. Sure you have a faster car than the dude with the regular Mustang GT but...cmon now. The N2 is what you want if you wanna listen to music with it. The N3 won't sound as good.

why N2s?

N3's have too much motor and it makes the freqency response unbalanced. You could play one song and it'll be loud as shit and with a different song (or bass note) it won't be as loud. The N2 is designed more for music, while the N3 was designed to be just loud as fuck.

The N3 would be like driving a drag racer to work. It'll go fast yeah, but it won't turn, will ride horrible, and eat up gas. Sure you have a faster car than the dude with the regular Mustang GT but...cmon now. The N2 is what you want if you wanna listen to music with it. The N3 won't sound as good.

This.

Don't forget your going to need a big budget for your electrical.

You should state the total amount of cash you can blow on everything, subs, enclosure, batteries, alternator, headunit? etc

why N2s?

If i get the sundown 3500d and n2 how many amps should my alternator push out? dual batteries right?