Sign in to follow this  
superman814

ipods over cd's?

i was wondering how many of you guys use ipods over cd's and cd changers in your cars? do you get the same quality out of the ipods that you would from cd's? this may sound stupid and i know it doesnt make sense so please correct me here, but im under the impression that music will play louder and better from cd's over using a ipod...again i know it sounds stupid..but id like to hear some opinions from the ipod users here

Edited by superman814

i was wondering how many of you guys use ipods over cd's and cd changers in your cars? do you get the same quality out of the ipods that you would from cd's? this may sound stupid and i know it doesnt make sense so please correct me here, but im under the impression that music will play louder and better from cd's over using a ipod...again i know it sounds stupid..but id like to hear some opinions from the ipod users here

well I use a ipod bc I am not responsible enough for a CD, I will scratch them, misplace them, put then in the wrong cases...etc. So i use an Ipod, I use the pioneer cb100 cockenbober somethin erother hooked up to my HU in the sig below the sound quality is not bad at all. Now I have seen ppl use a 3.5mm head phone jack and they sound like jack, also those FM transmitters are junk. If you dont have all of your speaker in your car replaced with something NICE not rockford infintiy or any or that mainstream crap but real SQ orientated stuff with proper sound deadening then you will probably never know the difference

I also use my ipod

I rip all my cd's to 244 v0 mp3's and can't tell the difference vs a cd.

I use an iPod mainly because there is no hassle to switch cds. My pioneer radio can search through the iPod so it is easy to find a song I like. Also as my system got bigger and more powerful, cd's would skip because of the heavy vibration.

I use iPod simply because CD's won't play in the vehicles I build. lol :D

Ipods are easier to manage/organize and don't skip when the bass hits :)

i use the ipod because

1. more memory for more music

2. doesnt scratch, skip

3. my HU is F#$$ed up, it freezes with mp3 CDs

iPod. Depending on how you rip the songs to your ipod you wont loose too much quality. If youve bought the actual cd from a store and rip it to itunes you can rip in apple lossless format which doesnt compress the file as much as an mp3 and is designed to be lossless meaning it wont lose audio quality. Theres a whole thread on this subject pinned somewhere btw

you guys bring up a good point about the bass making cd's skip, you think i will run into that with my set up that im putting in my truck in a few weeks? 3 fi Q 18's with 800 watts to each in sealed enclosure? i actually do want to go the ipod route so i wont deal with cd's all over the place, not to mention the embarrassment of music skipping in public..

ive never tried converting my music over for better quality. I use an ipod cause cd's skip also, but the other day I did pop a CD in and noticed it was alot cleaner sounding than the majority of the music on my ipod. something i should probably look into :)

i had a few shops tell me the best way around music skipping from bass is to use a cd changer, they said the cd;s will never skip provided they are not scratched..any truth to this?

i had a few shops tell me the best way around music skipping from bass is to use a cd changer, they said the cd;s will never skip provided they are not scratched..any truth to this?

Cds do sound better because they are not compressed mp3 files. But a cd will skip with loud bass 140db+ depending on the player. In compitition anything over 150 you have to use a cd player outside of the car that will prevent skipping.