irvin productionz

steve's anti-cliiping device

does anyone know or have any updates on steve meade's anti-cliping device, i am very interested in one of those

does anyone know or have any updates on steve meade's anti-cliping device, i am very interested in one of those

your telling me he has invented something to turn a square wave into a nice round sine wave??? I have never heard of this??? pics? links? anything...

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

well, he has created a prototype which works like an O-scope, it will tell you when is your amp clipping, instead of buying an expensive oscope, this will work

the link to the vid is below, i really dont have any other option of posting a link, since im fairly new

hmmm very cool, but these things will have to be sold for under 150$ otherwise for 200 to 250 you could just buy a O-scope and be able to use it on everything and anything electronic in your home , at work, etc. Not just your amps in your car. Still very cool seems like he has found a way to dumberize setting gains for those who are less common sense endowed

hmmm very cool, but these things will have to be sold for under 150$ otherwise for 200 to 250 you could just buy a O-scope and be able to use it on everything and anything electronic in your home , at work, etc. Not just your amps in your car. Still very cool seems like he has found a way to dumberize setting gains for those who are less common sense endowed

Its called capitalizing on his name and kids who want the easy way out.

J

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10244

Pocket sized oscope..size of a garmin...100 bucks.

I stand corrected, steve will have to loose his ass on this thing to sell it. Unless people buy in to the marketing BS (and im sure a few 1000 dumb asses will)

Thanks for that link Nick, thanks to you im now out 100 bucks plus shipping.... I need another meter like I need a hole in my head.

Thanks for the link Nick!!!!

J

Nice find. That's awesome looking. I have a handheld oscope I bought for 120 still brand new off ebay. Really, that SMD device has to be less than $50 to be worth it compared to the oscopes you can get.

:( The link don't work for me. It's okay though I've got a couple of o-scope thingies already. A hand held on and a older lab style one with the glass tube screen. To be honest I think the SMD whachamacallit is pretty cool. It looks simple enough to use. It took me a while to get the hang of the o-scope dance. :( I burned stuff up in the process. 10x probes, calibration process, and all those effing knobs and sh!t. What ever happened to keep it simple stupid? I know the SMD chingadera isn't the end all be all for tuning full active 3-way setups with low tuned boxes, but then what is? I like it, a simple solution for simple setups. :peepwall:

Easter Poast!

I need to take a look at this link. A non expensive o'scope : that can be very useful.

the manual link doesnt work but i'm curious about that oscope..

I can't find what's the max voltage it can read up to?

This is very important dependent on exactly what amp(s) you are trying to setup...

Also, from the comments i was reading.. looks like users will be replacing LI batts in that thing quite often as there is no low voltage protection which damages the battery if let drain all the time.

This is very important dependent on exactly what amp(s) you are trying to setup...

Also, from the comments i was reading.. looks like users will be replacing LI batts in that thing quite often as there is no low voltage protection which damages the battery if let drain all the time.

Link works fine for me. Max input Voltage = 80Vp-p (by x1 probe)

Ha, the link finally worked. Looks effing cool. Thanks for sharing to he who did the sharing. :fing34:

If you are concerned about input voltage an X10 or X100 probe are very good solutions to low voltage input range.

well then, besides the fact the user has to keep an eye on the battery all the time on that thing, nick found something interesting to use.

80 volts on the previous model....

80 volts on the previous model....

well then, besides the fact the user has to keep an eye on the battery all the time on that thing, nick found something interesting to use.

Had to go back and read the thread again, I almost thought you guys were complimenting Steve's tool lol

'

I'm sure that steve's clipping tool works, but still won't help people from blowing up their equipment. Like if I use that tool to set the gain on a sundown 1500d with a 300 watt sub. The sub will blow long before the amp starts to clip. Unless I'm misunderstanding something :peepwall:

Also the scope nick posted looks pretty good, and for $100 and the fact it's open source makes it even better.

I'd still rather trust my ears.

Edited by beandip

running 5x the amp rated power to a sub doesnt mean it will blow...

I ran 21kw worth of amp power to 3 DC lvl4s (1000wrms each) for 2010 competing season and didnt damage them.

It's not what u got but how u use it.