burko

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Z71

vent length will be pic 2. Awsome truck man. That is going to look sick with the lift and tires!! Good luck with the build. I am tuned in

:popcorn:

Edited by funbogie

vent length will be pic 2. Awsome truck man. That is going to look sick with the lift and tires!! Good luck with the build. I am tuned in

:popcorn:

Thanks man. Real quick question.. In the following picture, does the portion I have marked in black count towards the internal dimensions or the port dimensions?

slotport3.jpg

Edited by burko

are you going to try and build your box exactly like that? and do you have any experience building boxes?

are you going to try and build your box exactly like that? and do you have any experience building boxes?

Not necessarily. This was just one that came up on google images. :P Do you think there is a better choice?

and do you have any experience building boxes?

Only a couple sealed boxes. Never built a ported one.. Which explains why I am totally lost... :suicide-santa:

well with a box like this it will take you a while and maybe hard for you getting all angles and corner pieces done. honestly i would either do sub firing down and aero or slot port into side or sub up with aeros or slot port into the side. ive seen this be a good option in these trucks. i did 4 12s in one with subs and port firing down. the port ran along the back side and it was sick, no sub or port noise and was loud for entry level subs on 1000 watts.

Truck looks good, don't like the tail lights though, never had on any car really though so it's nothing personal :D

Needs moar low, not lifted!

Nice truck! Good luck with build.

You will need to account for the port displacement when figuring overall enclosure volume.

I side fired my Aeros in my truck! 4-4" Aeros tuned to 36-37Hz, two per side. It has amazing lows, sounds great imo and moves plenty of air.

Is your setup sub up or sub forward? I might have to PM you later on if I have any questions if you don't mind; we basically have the exact same amount of space to work with.

Sub forward, ports side firing, 2 4" ports per side. Box dimensions were overall 22" high x 49' wide x 18" deep. Double baffle and closet rod dowel bracing.

PM me with any questions you may have. I can send you some pics of my box as well if you want.

well with a box like this it will take you a while and maybe hard for you getting all angles and corner pieces done. honestly i would either do sub firing down and aero or slot port into side or sub up with aeros or slot port into the side. ive seen this be a good option in these trucks. i did 4 12s in one with subs and port firing down. the port ran along the back side and it was sick, no sub or port noise and was loud for entry level subs on 1000 watts.

My stepdad is building it with me. He's very experienced with woodworking. As a matter of fact, he just got done putting a walk-in closet in our office, turning our house from 3 bedrooms to four so it looks better on the house market.

So I'm not going in this alone. He can handle all the cutting/making angles/bracing etc.. I just need help with the actual calculations.

This is what I look like :D

IMG_6714.jpg

Workin on the box

IMG_6719.jpg

And finally here's a little teaser pic of the box.. Not quite done yet. Top isn't screwed on because we still have to wire the sub.

Box.jpg

This thing is massive.. Better pics tomorrow! Too dark to get good ones (The flash on the camera is broken :P)

:drink40: Always fun making some sawdust!

Waiting for more pics!

Waiting for more pics!

Gotta wait for the damn power to come back on lol :D

Waiting for more pics!

You guys had some terrible weather up your way, hope you faired ok.

Waiting for more pics!

Luckily we did.. My great uncle had to be dug out of the rubble just a few minutes away from my house... Its been a crazy week, there's no doubt about that.

Hopefully I can get this build up and goin soon.

Looking good :drink40:

Waiting for more pics!

Luckily we did.. My great uncle had to be dug out of the rubble just a few minutes away from my house... Its been a crazy week, there's no doubt about that.

Hopefully I can get this build up and goin soon.

Glad to hear everyone is safe, Continue with the build!

Appreciate the support everybody.

I just ordered this. 25 ft of 1/0 gauge wire from www.weldingsupply.com is on the way as well. Build resumes when battery, amp, HU, and wire get here :P

Had a problem with WS. Something about how my card didn't match the address I had entered.. Which is weird, seeing as how I double check addresses every time I buy anything, and I had just used my debit card to buy something else and it was fine. The guy said he was gonna ask his manager about it and they should get it cleared up. I'll see if I can get a couple better pictures of the box after while.

DSC_0035.jpg

Here's where the battery and amp are goin

DSC_0037.jpg

45d all corners.. Wasn't sure if you were supposed to 45 the port corner or not.. Hopefully it is ok. I sure would hate to tear the top of my box off to take a 45 out... Let me know on that one.

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

How the base is mounted

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Pioneer AVH-P6300BT going right here whenever it comes in!

DSC_0044.jpg

I'm assuning the sub is in at the moment as a test fit since you don't have all the mounting screws in? You and your Dad did a nice job. Tell him Congrats! Where did your tuning end up at? Probly missed it but what amp are you planning on using? Tuned in for more!!

Nice progress!

I'm assuning the sub is in at the moment as a test fit since you don't have all the mounting screws in? You and your Dad did a nice job. Tell him Congrats! Where did your tuning end up at? Probly missed it but what amp are you planning on using? Tuned in for more!!

Yep, just to test fit. We glued a piece of hardwood under all 8 of the holes so that we could mount or dismount the sub any time we wanted. :)

To be completely honest, I'm not quite sure where the exact tuning ended up at. Started out at 34 Hz, but after 45s and a couple other minor changes I'm not quite sure. So for now, I'm sticking with 34 Hz :P

Do you know of a calculator that calculates tuning frequency using dimensions of the box, or the actual formula? I really need to get the exact frequency so I'll know.

Amp is AQ2200D, and battery is XS Power D1200. Hopefully they'll hurry up and come in!