lb187

4th order build continued (M5)

I still haven't seen proof that this thing SOUNDS good. There have been posted term-lab numbers. I have not seen a response curve or term-lab readings at different frequencies. Everyone is asking ///M5 of proof on why it will not sound good but where is the proof that it does? Stop this "I sat in the malibu and it sounds awesome" shit.

Why the hassle bro ... you all just like the drama ??? Why don't you go to one of their shows and see for your self instead of going by "What somebody said" ... Like I said earlier and getting my rep points docked for it just only proved my point ... These moderators are only wanting to discredit this build, and never hearing it before passing judgement ...

It doesn't matter if its the enclosure, the vehicle setup, amps, electrical, or the music / tones they play ... They have a winning record to prove their setup works and some of these "Bookworms" can't seem to understand the concept ...

Instead of being rude to people, M5 needs to contact these designers / system builders and get the specs (if they give them to him) over the phone rather than causing all this drama ... This place is getting worse than DIYMA ...

Moderators are suppost to keep drama from happening in these threads ... All they do is feed fuel to the fire ...

Dissapointing ...

I have come to a conclusion and I know my math is correct with it.

We are not going to get any where with this topic, or any other topic. M5 and his nuthuggers are going to keep sidestepping questions. They will not ever answer, honestly, any of the questions asked.

Knowing the math does not mean shit. Reality is where is is at. the reality is the build is done, the build sounds great, and the build is kicking ass. You cannot defeat reality with bits and pieces of paper that say it won't work for whatever reasoning. Period.

With that being said, and with all the other drama that has been going on with this one build, I hope to fuck I get banned from this forum. Nothing against the owners of it, I have respect for them, but if a tech team such as this exists here, I'd much rather go somewhere else. Their (tech team) opinions are pretty much like SMD and other shit holes like that. If you don't agree with them, you're a piece of crap. If I wanted that kind of crap I would go back to SMD.

I believe the owners need to tighten the noose on the admin around here. In all honesty they are nothing but a bunch of nuthuggers and ass kissers. They got butthurt and raped on more than one occasion and can't do a damned thing about it. Until they can suck it up and get rid of their pride for once, they will be unable to answer the questions at hand.

I was going to write a reply to something Shizzon said, but, I have respect for him. Why? Hell I don't know, maybe credibility. That is something I don't see the band "M5 and the nutthuggers" having one bit of.

So fuck it, fuck the tech team, fuck the nutthuggers. Ban me, please. It will give me a reason to flame your asses on each and every other pucking forum I see you on.

I'm out

I still haven't seen proof that this thing SOUNDS good. There have been posted term-lab numbers. I have not seen a response curve or term-lab readings at different frequencies. Everyone is asking ///M5 of proof on why it will not sound good but where is the proof that it does? Stop this "I sat in the malibu and it sounds awesome" shit.

M5 started off by saying someones math was wrong very wrong.

No proof. Just because HE says.

That's just like me telling you Your box will sound like crap without any questions about it.

But have you or anyone else proved him wrong?

One thing I have to add is I remember on this forum when people always said there are too many factors in an install to determine anything from pictures or graphs or speculation. Cant this be one of those times where so many factors played a role that basic math had to be added or subtracted some just to get the enclosure they got with the performance they wanted.

Im just saying, no emotions used at all in my post :fing34:

Why the hassle bro ... you all just like the drama ??? Why don't you go to one of their shows and see for your self instead of going by "What somebody said" ... Like I said earlier and getting my rep points docked for it just only proved my point ... These moderators are only wanting to discredit this build, and never hearing it before passing judgement ...

It doesn't matter if its the enclosure, the vehicle setup, amps, electrical, or the music / tones they play ... They have a winning record to prove their setup works and some of these "Bookworms" can't seem to understand the concept ...

Instead of being rude to people, M5 needs to contact these designers / system builders and get the specs (if they give them to him) over the phone rather than causing all this drama ... This place is getting worse than DIYMA ...

Moderators are suppost to keep drama from happening in these threads ... All they do is feed fuel to the fire ...

Dissapointing ...

Me personally I don't care what this car sounds like. I just don't see anything from either sides. I am sick of everytime I log onto this site I see a new post in a couple of these threads. SSA is the best audio site period. We do not need this here.

We do not need this here.

My point exactly ... Thank you M5 for getting everyone fired up over nothing (again)...

Your leadership is astonishing ...

One thing I have to add is I remember on this forum when people always said there are too many factors in an install to determine anything from pictures or graphs or speculation. Cant this be one of those times where so many factors played a role that basic math had to be added or subtracted some just to get the enclosure they got with the performance they wanted.

Im just saying, no emotions used at all in my post :fing34:

i agree completely with this. and how can we prove him wrong without him hearing it? even if the designers were to post all that was asked im sure hed just say 'well it would still sound bad to the ears'. hell even if he did hear it he could just as easily lie. and why should the builders/designers have to prove HIM wrong when they built it. if anything he should prove them wrong with the ill-refutable proof he has that brought him to his conclusions. if he has proof other than just saying physics and other maths he should post it. up til now he hasnt gone indepth as to how hes right, the builders are wrong, and what idea he knows would be superior

Is it possible to do a sound sweep in the car with a termlab in it? If the output measured by the termlab corresponds with the other graph then we can agree that the system does indeed create pesky output demonstrated by the graph. If not and the termlab shows a relatively smooth response then so be it.

A debate is just arguing. If scientific theorems and such are going to be brought up, and I am one to use tried and proven formulas and techniques when building enclosures, then a experiment

Needs to be conducted to show results. This constant arguing is going to go nowhere and I am personally ashamed to see it

if one is to do a sweep.. it needs to be created.. not one just randomly available.

It was said this setup does 155+ between 26-55hz...

So, i can create the sweep file and host it if no one else that is going to conduct it knows how to.

To create the appropriate sweep-

Create a sweep between 20-60hz @0db.

This will cover 41 different frequencies.

Create this sweep in a timeframe of 1 min 22sec.

This will allow each frequency to be measured exactly for 2 seconds before the next frequency is played.

The goal of this test is NOT to see how loud you hit, but how consistent you hit.

Because of this, it is advised to not have the stereo cranked in fear of damaging the subs.

Have it attenuated in the low to mid 140s for safety sake or higher if you think the equipment can handle it.

The measuring software needs NOT be on peak hold.

Keep it set to realtime and when video recording, please use full 30fps.

Who else has done this to disprove anyone before??

You sure want alot why does not M5 have to jump thru as many hoops to prove his point wich he has proven nothing with facts yey....

Again the 1st comment in the thread by M5 was,

"Ouch, someone's math is confused. Very confused. That box will not sound good...I don't even need the Skar T/S to tell you that."

Lets start there.

i didnt know if someone was actually gonna do this but if they are, that's how it should be tested.

Of course i am not exclusively part of this discussion, just sharing some info for ya.

if one is to do a sweep.. it needs to be created.. not one just randomly available.

So, i can create the sweep file and host it if no one else that is going to conduct it knows how to.

This will allow each frequency to be measured exactly for 2 seconds before the next frequency is played.

The goal of this test is NOT to see how loud you hit, but how consistent you hit.

Because of this, it is advised to not have the stereo cranked in fear of damaging the subs.

Have it attenuated in the low to mid 140s for safety sake or higher if you think the equipment can handle it.

You sure want alot why does not M5 have to jump thru as many hoops to prove his point wich he has proven nothing with facts yey....

"Ouch, someone's math is confused. Very confused. That box will not sound good...I don't even need the Skar T/S to tell you that."

Lets start there.

Because measuring equipment is not capable of a subjective response. It is what it is not what someone thinks it is.

Seems like a simple way to prove someone wrong to me.

Lets start there.

Because measuring equipment is not capable of a subjective response. It is what it is not what someone thinks it is.

No....

He has yet to prove why the math was wrong...

Lets start there.

No....

Seems simple enough to me. If it is somewhat flat, what can he say? :ughdunno:

The results will not be emotional, they will be measured.

Lets start there.

No....

Seems simple enough to me. If it is somewhat flat, what can he say? :ughdunno:

The results will not be emotional, they will be measured.

My question is not emotional at all i want him to back why the math was wrong. All he saw were pics that the OP put up. No one will address this.

How??

Obviously you are a bit short cited in your whole thought on this process...

Obviously your arrogance has certainly gotten the best of you.

My questions were just a questions. They were extremely concise and you didn't answer them directly. I'll ask again.

What have you accomplished in the realm of car audio? Have you had any sort of direct involvement in car audio competition?

Video or anything to prove or disprove any of this arguing?

Seeing is believing.

Since we all can pack up and take a road trip to Florida just

to hear somebody or see something, is there a video?

Reading all this babble of the he said they said bullshit isn't doing anything but

wasting time and is pretty immature.

I'm a pretty open minded person when it comes to a lot of things.

That being said,

is there any video evidence to prove or disprove anyone's "comments" on this matter?

Fighting like high school guys over a girl doesn't help anyone learn anything.

Who cares what people think.

Evidence goes a long way and speaks for itself.

If anyone really wants to shut up anyone.

Post up a freakin' video!!!!! :sleepwerd4:

Seeing is believing.

Reading all this babble of the he said they said bullshit isn't doing anything but

That being said,

is there any video evidence to prove or disprove anyone's "comments" on this matter?

By your own reasoning then the party that sought to disprove the designer/builder should " show" his evidence why.....................

Seeing is believing.

That being said,

Besides a graph, there has been little to no evidence on either side. While the arguing is slightly entertaining, I just wanna see some numbers. I don't care if they're M5's physics or mp3pimp's "anti-physics." OJ had the glove, why can't somebody whip out some formulae or TL numbers???

Seeing is believing.

That being said,

By your own reasoning then the party that sought to disprove the designer/builder should " show" his evidence why.....................

Cmon bro, we get your point. M5 already said he wasn't coming back. HE ISN'T GONNA ANSWER YOU. I hate to be an all caps keyboard warrior but seriously. You said what you had to say, made your point. You can stop.

I just wanted to see something besides another can trick video.

I'm not taking anyone's side either way until I see physical proof or disproof.

Could somebody be the bigger person and post up anything of that nature?

If not this topic is struggling like a fart in a windstorm!

Seeing is believing.

That being said,

Cmon bro, we get your point. M5 already said he wasn't coming back. HE ISN'T GONNA ANSWER YOU. I hate to be an all caps keyboard warrior but seriously. You said what you had to say, made your point. You can stop.

If he doesn't he only proves that he has no real answers. Kikin asked a very very valid question.

We have Dylan and Robins abilities and credentials and (math) been in question why cant his be?

Obviously you are a bit short cited in your whole thought on this process...

Obviously your arrogance has certainly gotten the best of you.

My questions were just a questions. They were extremely concise and you didn't answer them directly. I'll ask again.

What have you accomplished in the realm of car audio? Have you had any sort of direct involvement in car audio competition?

I've been asking the same questions for a long time now and haven't seen any results ...

All i've seen him is being rude to people instead of helping when he should have just let Impious answer the questions ...

Because all I've seen him do is copy what Impious has to say anyways ...

I'm sorry guys, smart or not, he is really arragant to people ...