lb187

4th order build continued (M5)

Mr. Palmer, all you had to do is ask. I can easily get you a copy of it. See, you never think of us little people up here in Jax. You think we ain't loud or something?

hehe, just kidding man. Seriously though if you need a copy of it or other old school music like that contact me on the other forum. I think I have a couple copies of every CD that has the word bass (or warning, or subwoofer) anywhere on or inside the case.

haha. no doubt sir. i'll keep that on my radar. i have my own copies saved onto my computer now, so i think im good.. but im always expanding my library. i prefer newer rap, and dubstep, heavy on the bass. ;)

M5, making friends as usual...

i lold. its obvious that its not the first time he's bashed something like this. hes like.. what? 8 thousand posts less active than his total. something tells me hes started a lot of shit storms just to simply shut them down when he feels like hes losing control.

So the last two posts by Ram and Alan are just to stir the pot, come on already.

There has been absolutely no proof posted by either side, both sides have questions that the other won't answer.

I hope you guys will conduct the sweeps in the way Shizzzon has stated so there is some actual proof posted in this thread and it can be put to rest.

If I was being called out and had a way to prove I was correct, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

We'd all love to see a video with the laptop and head unit side by side and watch the results unfold before us. The question is will you do it.

Either way, flat response or not, show the results.

So the last two posts by Ram and Alan are just to stir the pot, come on already.

There has been absolutely no proof posted by either side, both sides have questions that the other won't answer.

I hope you guys will conduct the sweeps in the way Shizzzon has stated so there is some actual proof posted in this thread and it can be put to rest.

If I was being called out and had a way to prove I was correct, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

We'd all love to see a video with the laptop and head unit side by side and watch the results unfold before us. The question is will you do it.

if you actually read the thread, you would have seen that he's planning on posting the vid as soon as he gets access to a termlab.

as for stirring the pot, m5 jumped out and ditched. us bashing him isnt stirring the pot. its chasing the poor bastard with a stick and further pointing out his worthlessness.

im just awaiting m5's return because he said as long as there is misinformation in a thread hed keep posting

im just awaiting m5's return because he said as long as there is misinformation in a thread hed keep posting

since he stopped posting i havent seen any mis-information...

i lold. its obvious that its not the first time he's bashed something like this. hes like.. what? 8 thousand posts less active than his total. something tells me hes started a lot of shit storms just to simply shut them down when he feels like hes losing control.

if you actually read the thread, you would have seen that he's planning on posting the vid as soon as he gets access to a termlab.

as for stirring the pot, m5 jumped out and ditched. us bashing him isnt stirring the pot. its chasing the poor bastard with a stick and further pointing out his worthlessness.

Grow up fellas.

You guys don't know what being the bigger man is? (M5 does..that's why he left.)

Grow up fellas.

You guys don't know what being the bigger man is? (M5 does..that's why he left.)

Shyea right. I got a bridge to sell you.

I did read the thread, the entire thread, thanks for looking out.

I also read that he could have some numbers as soon as this weekend, just wanted to see what the sweep shows regardless of whose side of the argument they support.

Grow up fellas.

I was merely making an observation, which seems to be a reoccurring theme where M5 continues to be an abrasive, opinionated person who makes no effort to act the way a moderator should. 46k posts and I'd bet half of them are belittling and insulting people while seemingly trying to provide "help".

No matter how smart he seems, the dude is a pretty big douche most of the time. He thinks he's above everybody...it's pretty easy to see by his actions.

Edited by RAM_Designs

if you were saw a little kid getting picked up in an alleyway, and a bunch of big guys told you to leave, would you be a bigger man if you left the kid alone, and stayed and tried to help?

point is, the whole "bigger man cause he walked away" thing is kinda gay in my opinion... if you know you're right about something, you dont just give up on it.

Just read through this whole thread, all 10 pages. All that I can see is a bunch of guys ganging up on the moderaters of the website that we all use and appreciate. Just because someone has questioned your abilities doesnt mean you have to retailiate with arseho comments and yet to be proven success(true SQ, not just "I sat in the car and it sounds awesome" that doesn't mean its accurate). It was stated that ///M5 was trying to tell you that the design could use some changes, and you took that strait to your heart. Grow up, learn how to take criticism and use it to improve your ideas. Obviously if M5 has been appointed a moderator and tech team member on this website, his credibility should not be questioned. I'm sure if you wanted to be appointed in that position, you would need to show some credibility too. But credibility on the internet means nothing, people spit lies out there fingertips all the time. He's the first person to question your abilities and all you do it get offensive and show no real proof that he's wrong. You keep saying he's sidestepping your questions, when in reality, hes trying to get you to understand that, he doesnt need to show credibility, he wants real proof. And all you seem to do is sidestep his requests. Run the sweep of tones and it will put this stupid argument to rest.

Just read through this whole thread, all 10 pages. All that I can see is a bunch of guys ganging up on the moderaters of the website that we all use and appreciate. Just because someone has questioned your abilities doesnt mean you have to retailiate with arseho comments and yet to be proven success(true SQ, not just "I sat in the car and it sounds awesome" that doesn't mean its accurate). It was stated that ///M5 was trying to tell you that the design could use some changes, and you took that strait to your heart. Grow up, learn how to take criticism and use it to improve your ideas. Obviously if M5 has been appointed a moderator and tech team member on this website, his credibility should not be questioned. I'm sure if you wanted to be appointed in that position, you would need to show some credibility too. But credibility on the internet means nothing, people spit lies out there fingertips all the time. He's the first person to question your abilities and all you do it get offensive and show no real proof that he's wrong. You keep saying he's sidestepping your questions, when in reality, hes trying to get you to understand that, he doesnt need to show credibility, he wants real proof. And all you seem to do is sidestep his requests. Run the sweep of tones and it will put this stupid argument to rest.

so.. you posted to tell us that if someone is a moderator on a website, they obviously have credentials, but having credentials on the internet is pointless because people lie all the time.. soo..... once you figure out what you really want to say, feel free to try again.

Just a question here bro ... Just how many of M5's post have you read ??? Apparently, not many ...

:noob:

all i got out of this is credentials mean nothing online yet they mean something online. and that M5 is right despite never going into detail as to how he was right, yet anyone else requires proof to prove themselves right. thats alot of contradiction. and if i recall he was originally asked questions before he started demanding answers. it was asked more than once based on his conclusion what couldve actually been changed. and the sweep will solve nothing. why? because someone could still as easily come in here after it and say 'well based on the design and physics and despite the sweep it still wouldnt sound good/great to the ear' ,then what?

EDIT: forgot to point out you say people lie all the time, but somehow M5 is exempt?

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Just a question here bro ... Just how many of M5's post have you read ??? Apparently, not many ...

:noob:

Just read through this whole thread, all 10 pages. All that I can see is a bunch of guys ganging up on the moderaters of the website that we all use and appreciate.

If you read all 10 pages, you would have noticed that only M5 was the moderator in question here, not the other moderators ... So I don't see how you could say that all the SSA moderators got bashed on ...

first off I have read many of M5's posts and to me its all intelligent criticism, you could call it being arrogant or douchebagish, but that just how some people give advise. Your commanding officer can be an ass all the time, yet hes the one thats going to keep you alive when you need it most. About the credentials, what I was trying to say is that, I could tell you that I own a shop, I'm a master MECP certified technician, won sooo many competitions and awards, but how is one to know what is truth and what isn't. credentials don't mean shit, especially on the web, so stop asking for them. what m5 and the others supporting him want are testing to disprove them. Not just saying that its a great sounding vehicle and it shakes the shit out of your chest. All it is is criticism, if you don't like it then shut up and keep doing what your doing. If you want to challenge it then by all means do the testing and see who's right. And if someone says that the physics state differently then you know that you have your proof that their wrong. You act as though criticism is the worst thing in the world, if I took every piece of criticism I've ever received to heart, I would have put a bullet in my brain already. I have seen no proof from your side as to why he is wrong other than a few lousy statements regarding the sound. I'm not saying that m5 is exempt, he may very well be lieing, but until I and the rest of the SSA community see proof or an explanation including all the evidence that he is wrong, nothing more can be said.

Why should they give their specs ??

So a more accurate response curve can be made, and they will finally realize that snake oil and fairy dust does not make an enclosure sound good.

They are winning competitions, not really needing to know if their design works or sounds good, and you are wanting to know what brand of snake oil and fairy dust they used ???

You docked me 2 rep points and this is all you can come up with Duran ??? Sounds like you are the one trying to discredit their build ... not M5 ...

I didn't vote anything down, I most certainly cannot vote you down twice either.

you personally giving duran shit, I hope they ban you. It's what you want anyways.

EDIT: Didnt mean to point that banning comment at you, reread the comments and saw it was someone else, didnt mean to be a dick. I just dont think that you should comment to the people that run this forum like that.

Edited by surfdude10

first off I have read many of M5's posts and to me its all intelligent criticism, you could call it being arrogant or douchebagish, but that just how some people give advise. Your commanding officer can be an ass all the time, yet hes the one thats going to keep you alive when you need it most. About the credentials, what I was trying to say is that, I could tell you that I own a shop, I'm a master MECP certified technician, won sooo many competitions and awards, but how is one to know what is truth and what isn't. credentials don't mean shit, especially on the web, so stop asking for them. what m5 and the others supporting him want are testing to disprove them. Not just saying that its a great sounding vehicle and it shakes the shit out of your chest. All it is is criticism, if you don't like it then shut up and keep doing what your doing. If you want to challenge it then by all means do the testing and see who's right. And if someone says that the physics state differently then you know that you have your proof that their wrong. You act as though criticism is the worst thing in the world, if I took every piece of criticism I've ever received to heart, I would have put a bullet in my brain already. I have seen no proof from your side as to why he is wrong other than a few lousy statements regarding the sound. I'm not saying that m5 is exempt, he may very well be lieing, but until I and the rest of the SSA community see proof or an explanation including all the evidence that he is wrong, nothing more can be said.

:suicide-santa:

Sorry, misuse of "you're" and "your" bothers me.. No worries :drink40:

Seriously though guys, enough is enough. Play the sweeps, get the numbers, and let it be done with. Dragging it on like this is pointless.

Just my opinion.

*EDIT: No bashing me please :)

Edited by burko

Why should they give their specs ??

So a more accurate response curve can be made, and they will finally realize that snake oil and fairy dust does not make an enclosure sound good.

They are winning competitions, not really needing to know if their design works or sounds good, and you are wanting to know what brand of snake oil and fairy dust they used ???

You docked me 2 rep points and this is all you can come up with Duran ??? Sounds like you are the one trying to discredit their build ... not M5 ...

I didn't vote anything down, I most certainly cannot vote you down twice either.

you personally giving duran shit, I hope they ban you. It's what you want anyways.

EDIT: Didnt mean to point that banning comment at you, reread the comments and saw it was someone else, didnt mean to be a dick. I just dont think that you should comment to the people that run this forum like that.

You got to understand something bro ... Me and Duran has had plenty of discussions before and came up with great conclusions every time ... You've got alot more reading to do bro, not just on this forum ...

I do not have anything against Duran, His post are very logical, professional, and clear to understand ...and this is why I questioned him on this one ... This set of post you quoted me on here has been corrected, Don' worry about it bro ...