tysonm

Best place to buy 1/0 gauge?

Where is the best place to buy Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire for the cheapest price?

And I also need suggestions on the best place to run my wire in my 2011 mazda 3. Right now I have Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge and the only place I could wire it was under my center console then I came out the side (driver side) and under my seat, and I don't know how to get it into the trunk of my car with it being un noticed, how can I hide it going through the back seat area into the trunk?

Welding wire from weldingsupply.com is good, it's generally cheaper then wire labeled for car audio, but it's all the same. Even all copper strands, not cca. :P

I usually get my wire from knukonceptz.

I think I can help you hiding your wire. Try running it under the carpet. Get a wire snake and feed it through, shouldn't be too bad. Will the wire fit under the plastic interior panels by the doors?

Where is the best place to buy Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire for the cheapest price?

And I also need suggestions on the best place to run my wire in my 2011 mazda 3. Right now I have Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge and the only place I could wire it was under my center console then I came out the side (driver side) and under my seat, and I don't know how to get it into the trunk of my car with it being un noticed, how can I hide it going through the back seat area into the trunk?

Have you tried taking a flat head screwdriver to the vehicles plastic panels. Right below the drivers seat, they come up rather easy and conceal it just fine.

The first place I tried was under the door seals, but the biggest I think I could maybe fit under them would be 16gauge, it's an extremely tight fit under my door seals which is why I chose to go under the center console/ebrake area.

Never heard of a "wire snake" how much do they cost? and on the Knukonceptz site, I found the KCA 1/0 gauge wire, but it says "Price: $1.95" and has a quantity. Is the quantity in ft? For example it says "Price: $1.95" "Qty 1", does that mean $1.95 for 1'?

Yeah that's priced by foot. And you can make a wire snake out of a straightened out coat hanger or something. It's just something that's easier to feed through and under things than the wire. Then tape the wire to the end of it and pull the wire through.

Yeah that's priced by foot. And you can make a wire snake out of a straightened out coat hanger or something. It's just something that's easier to feed through and under things than the wire. Then tape the wire to the end of it and pull the wire through.

^

Dats what I do.

Yes 1.95 per foot. Or you can buy 50 feet for $87.95.

How many feet of wire does it usually take to do the big 3?

Depends on the car. I got a 1/0 kit from Knu and i ran my wire to my amp, did the big 3, (3 runs from bat - to frame even) and then some in my car. Others may have to buy more than that. Get a piece of string out and use that to line up the run you would use for the three (possibly more) runs of wire you need. Add a foot or two and get that much ;)

I didn't want to start another thread so I thought I would just see if I could get some help in this on real quick. I took out my passenger seat and mounted my speaker amp and ran all the wiring except for my remote wire. On my previous installs I would take the remote wire (blue) from the back of the HU and plug that into my subwoofer amp and since this is my first time installing an amp for speakers and then another amp for my subwoofer I will have two remote wires I need to wire up. Would it work if I plugged in the remote wire from the HU to the subwoofer amp and spliced the speakers amp into the remote wire coming from the HU? Would this be the correct way or is there a different/better way of doing it?

This link here: where you buy your wiring from???

has a ton of information on your subject...

Tons there with a new fully finished review on all 13 brands! and some of those brands were purchased from ebay! lol

yes you can use the remote wire from the h/u to the sub amp then to the speaker amp. back in the day that would be no no as old h/u didn't supply enough power to power two amps.

but truly the best way to wire up multiple amps would be to put it on a relay setup. notice in the attached picture:

relay15a.gif

you plug your Remote wire from the back of the h/u (blue) into port 80

you plug a 12vdc (from battery) into port 30

you ground on plug 86 (to the body of the car)

and you plug your amps into 87

you can get a relay for a few bucks and you should look for a 12vdc 20amp relay you should be able to get one at radio shack or something like that. I have a relay in my car and I am using a single 12v 20amp relay to power 3 amps, and 4 80mm fans!

I got some 0 gauge from HOME DEPOT about $2.09 a foot. Shipping included, lol!

DSC04184.jpg

to hook that up it looks like you fun your power wire from your battery to the fuse holder then from the other end to the amp! as to get the voltmeter to turn on you would hook that blue wire up to the relay on pin 87! make sense?

so it looks like this!

- - - - = wire

//-\\ = fuse

+ = amp

-------- = blue wire on the fuse holder

- - -//-\\- - - +

---------------------pin 87

sorry for the crappy drawing!

yes you can use the remote wire from the h/u to the sub amp then to the speaker amp. back in the day that would be no no as old h/u didn't supply enough power to power two amps.

but truly the best way to wire up multiple amps would be to put it on a relay setup. notice in the attached picture:

relay15a.gif

you plug your Remote wire from the back of the h/u (blue) into port 80

you plug a 12vdc (from battery) into port 30

you ground on plug 86 (to the body of the car)

and you plug your amps into 87

you can get a relay for a few bucks and you should look for a 12vdc 20amp relay you should be able to get one at radio shack or something like that. I have a relay in my car and I am using a single 12v 20amp relay to power 3 amps, and 4 80mm fans!

Can you provide a diagram on how you run multiple amps. I currently have RCA's, a remote, and 1/0 gauge running to the trunk, based on the diagram you showed I should be able to put a relay there and power the amp. However, it seems though that the relay will be a point of weakness 1/0 gauge runs into it, but I don't know what gauge the circuitry is, so if it can handle the power draw or not. If this isn't a point of concern, do I just run a power wire from the relay to each amp for multiple amps?

DSC04184.jpg

to hook that up it looks like you fun your power wire from your battery to the fuse holder then from the other end to the amp! as to get the voltmeter to turn on you would hook that blue wire up to the relay on pin 87! make sense?

so it looks like this!

- - - - = wire

//-\\ = fuse

+ = amp

-------- = blue wire on the fuse holder

- - -//-\\- - - +

---------------------pin 87

sorry for the crappy drawing!

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!

Can you provide a diagram on how you run multiple amps. I currently have RCA's, a remote, and 1/0 gauge running to the trunk, based on the diagram you showed I should be able to put a relay there and power the amp. However, it seems though that the relay will be a point of weakness 1/0 gauge runs into it, but I don't know what gauge the circuitry is, so if it can handle the power draw or not. If this isn't a point of concern, do I just run a power wire from the relay to each amp for multiple amps?

o no sorry you miss understood only use the relay for the remote wires, you can use that relay and run like 10 amps just hook each of the remotes in parallel to the relay.

as for the 1/0 just does individual runs from the battery and be sure to fuse each run.

as for the RCA just use a Y cable! 1male input and 2 male outputs! make sense, the Y cable can be picked up at the radio shack!

in this pic it shows how to wire multiple batteries and the big 3 upgrade.

Untitled-7.jpg

to wire up multiple amps simply hook each amp in parallel to the battery bank! make sense?

Yeah that makes sense! Thanks everyone! I think I can finally get this install finished this week once I get time. Will post pictures of the finished setup once I get it all done. Thanks again everyone!!

ebay i

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Knukonceptz+1%2F0+gauge+wire&_sacat=See-All-Categories