Mark LaFountain

156.2 @ Headrest. ZCONS! Congrats to Big Will. TeamSSA!

nice one man...

Saw that, hella good score on drive by!

Great job Will!

Mark, cant you get his ass on the forum?

Oh shit, his crazy wall addon worked :D

Awesome, I gotta run up to phx some weekend and get a demo.

Been watching his videos on youtube. Exciting to see him reach his goals after what he has gone through to get there. Congrats, Will. SSA FTW! :dancing:

Congratulations! :drink40:

I guess I missed the details. What box/amp setup?

How are optimal enclosures being built when t/s specs are unknown?

It looks like alot of people have these subs yet "Joe Public" is told that the manufacturer doesn't have metal to make them. As a potential buyer things are looking a bit strange with these ZCONS.

Edited by edouble101

They had a short run made for testing and what not.

Now their officially in production.

You can safely guess what enclosure volume to use when going for ground pounder / spl. Id go off xcon specs but use as much volume as possible. For example, the pair of 15" xcons I have, recommended is ~8cubes, but if I had more room id go with greater efficiency and try and shoot for 10cubes or so. Sq may lack some, but its for loudness...

It looks like alot of people have these subs yet "Joe Public" is told that the manufacturer doesn't have metal to make them. As a potential buyer things are looking a bit strange with these ZCONS.

He has had these for a while. Just like Lace, they were some of the very few to be able to get some before they were readily available.

Awesome!

There is no conspiracy. I got the last 4 they had steel to make and they / I had to beg to get these.

Trust me, SSA wants these out for sale just as bad as you do. Just some bad luck with supplies. Nothing more.

Saw that, hella good score on drive by!

Great job Will!

Mark, cant you get his ass on the forum?

He just isn't a forum person..

These went out to TeamSSA members first for testing, then we received word of the steel shortage. Simple as that. No one can get them now until we get our steel!

Oh and on the optimal enclosure, just used the box I already had until I get some specs. Mine is on the small side I believe, but still nice.

Hopefully soon they will have them. I would like to know this also.

The Zcon will favor a slightly smaller box then the Xcon. Xcon and Icon's lean towards the larger end. That is all I can say at the moment.

Good Job. Now I'm A Little More Anxious To Get The 12" Version In My '94.

Thank God I Didn't Put A Hell Of A Lot Of Effort Into The Enclosure I Made For The DP, (In Terms Of Vanity/Exterior) I'm Gonna Go On A Glass Fest When I Get Ready For This.

The Zcon will favor a slightly smaller box then the Xcon. Xcon and Icon's lean towards the larger end. That is all I can say at the moment.

Denim, with all respect, how are you designing and selling a product when you do not have all pertaining information?

Denim, with all respect, how are you designing and selling a product when you do not have all pertaining information?

ZCON's are not for sale...

We have not released all pertaining info yet. Minor difference ;) When we are ready to have the Zcon's in normal production, then all info will be ready. :)

Congrats to Will! BTW, he's funny as hell in that video cuz he's so excited, must be a pretty kewl guy to know.

They do have all the pertinant information but why release it when there product is not ready to be released due to parts not be readily accessible. The subs are past production and can be sold as soon as parts come in, they have been tested and designed for awhile now. If the buildhouse had steel the subs would be sold right now. What dont you understand about this? Its not like they made a sub and sold a few without testing them or getting the valuable information to understand there advantages and disadvantages.

SSA doesnt release anything extra without something in there hands, so just be patient like the rest of us. This a topic for Will and his accomplishments, not about your questions regarding there subs. Take that to the Zcon thread, thanks

We have not released all pertaining info yet. Minor difference ;) When we are ready to have the Zcon's in normal production, then all info will be ready. :)

Understood. Thanks