sundownz

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

Some may recall the 2008 prototype "Monster" woofer that inspired features later found in several other drivers we make today.

It's been shelved for some time... but a second revision of the prototype has been started on and we'll have some testing coming up.

P1010723_SML.jpg

* Compounded smooth machining on the top plate with the NS v.2 style cross drilling. I am testing more with a top shorting ring on this design -- that is not necessarily something that will see production.

P1010721_SML.jpg

* Again you see numerous smooth transitions on the back plate so we don't have excess steel where it's not needed (weight concerns). Also makes it look very interesting and unique.

The goal is to replicate what I liked about the "Monster" prototype and to address some things I thought could be better.

It will not actually be called Monster for legal reasons... but we call it that as a nick-name.

This is a triple stack 250mm (10 inch) slug design like the Monster v.1 prototype... so it's very heavy and has a bunch of motor force behind it.

smexcy!!!

:faintthud: Holy crap that looks insane! Love the top plate and the nice smooth finish. 3" or 4" coil?

12 layer coil like the V.1?

very cool and unique design! you say you are removing weight by getting rid of excess steel, do you have a rough idea of the total weight? or to early to say yet

all the same very nice!! and impressive! :fing34:

Monster Force!!! Sundown at it again, Oh wait always at it!!

Brass or copper shortening ring?

I thinks I see brass?

Nice, interested to see some more info on this!

Sundown FTW like always.

Is this an spl burp style only driver?

Will it have the same destiny as the Monster v.1, just something you play around and when you see improvements they are implemented to your regular line of woofers.

Or you are thinking about selling some?

Will it have the same destiny as the Monster v.1, just something you play around and when you see improvements they are implemented to your regular line of woofers.

Or you are thinking about selling some?

I may actually sell them this time -- with a huge disclaimer about motor weight needing to be supported ;)

Sundown FTW like always.

Is this an spl burp style only driver?

Nope... should play music fine as did the first "Monster"

Going way off topic here but......... Everytime i see you avatar "The enD" I end up staring at it for like 10mins till i realize i have been lost in the sight of breats!!! ANYWAYS, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Thanks TRP, I'm not the only one.

I forgot I was reading about a monster sub, when I saw this monster ...avatar !!!

:peepwall:

Time travel link here... from 2008 :)

The project was put on hold for MUCH longer than I initially thought... thread ended in 2009 originally and nothing had really happened since then and until recently. We got tied up developing so many other more mass market products for the last 2 years or so.

Edited by sundownz

Going way off topic here but......... Everytime i see you avatar "The enD" I end up staring at it for like 10mins till i realize i have been lost in the sight of breats!!! ANYWAYS, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Thank god you said it before me, I didn't want to be the first one to say something :roflmao:

I love that avatar, it just gets you like, ahhhh, mind kinda goes blank for a sec, and you have to focus, to get out of focusing on wondering who the heck is that sexy mofo.

On topic, Sundown, you are never ending with new products are you guys!? wow, keep em coming. I wonder if working on so many different things at once is slowing down any productivity for those projects?? Any who, keep it up! :fing34:

how heavy is this beast gonna be?

:( i emailed you last week jacob and still have not received anything back.. times like this when i miss the old days when sundown was just a baby

:( i emailed you last week jacob and still have not received anything back.. times like this when i miss the old days when sundown was just a baby

Due to the high e-mail volume we receive at Sundown Audio it may take some time to respond to your inquiry. If you do not receive a reply within 2 or 3 days it is advisable to re-send your e-mail to make sure we received it. Thanks for your patience.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

lol i know.. i got the same auto reply.. im not a fool. nor am i trying to blow his email up.. just mentioning.