sundownz

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

Sundown has too many projects!!! Get the 12" Z v.3 finished!...please lol :)

BAN???????

Why?

Don't take things so literal...

lol its funny you say dont take things so literal.

its a joke."haha"

irony.jpg

Excited to see this thing!

Sample motor due soon... pretty excited.

is it soon yet? lol!

Sample motor due soon... pretty excited.

is it soon yet? lol!

Customs liked it so much they held it for about 11 days -- but it's almost here

Are you going to be selling these? Estimate on pre-order price?

Waiting on the revised coils to come in then testing will follow. The old Monster coil is too short for this version.

I'm very interested to see the test results on these subs. I iz watching :popcorn:

The original was very strong on the lows but dropped off up high due to inductance -- the shorting rings should address that weakness :drink40:

The original was very strong on the lows but dropped off up high due to inductance -- the shorting rings should address that weakness :drink40:

Nice.

So any type of ballpark figure on price? I know it could change but I would like to know something half way close as far as price.

I have seen this project without the soft parts, Just the motor and basket, and it is a nasty, sexy looking sub. :fing34::drink40:

Forgot to bring the pics over here from the Facebook :

Attached to 15" frame.

CIMG4951.JPG

CIMG4952.JPG

CIMG4953.JPG

If we do make it the shorting rings (three of them) will be aluminum.

Hope the Dude (NIK) in the background there ships out my subs today, can't wait to try out the Z Crossbreeds. :drink40:

Hope the Dude (NIK) in the background there ships out my subs today, can't wait to try out the Z Crossbreeds. :drink40:

I asked him when mine are shipping :peepwall:

100mm coil? pics?

3" coil (75mm) -- the OD of the windings is actually about 3.5" (89mm) as it's a 12-layer.

Is there any particular reason as to why you didn't decide to go with a 4" coil on these?

Is there any particular reason as to why you didn't decide to go with a 4" coil on these?

Spider size limits.

Looks pretty neat, what's the mounting depth going to be?

Spider size limits.

Ahhh I gotcha.

Having that bumped t-yock looks like it will get sratched up very easily. I already notice that one is, seems like the only downfall. That's a heep of weight on that little piece, so you probably blow on it wrong it'll move enough to sratch.

Looks nice though, its different looking, which is always good.

Also, are you going to do different coil options? Like a all out SPL and a more daily friendly? Or are you going to have just one, that's best of both worlds?

The original prototype was pretty rugged... we made a few videos of it :

* Yes, I am fully aware of this method not being 100% accurate in reading power... but try that with another 3" coil sub seeing the same current. Very few will make it much less come out in mint condition.

* TWO wall sockets on it... as the comments state we already did a test just like the above on it and had it hot enough the dust cap felt like jell-o from the air exchange. THEN we put ~60 amps into it long enough to have done a bass race run.

I also had the 15" model in my Jeep for a 2+ minute run on music in my SPL box doing around 150 dB the entire time on a 4500D @ 0.5 ohm -- my bank of six batteries was down to the high 10s and the sub walked away fine. In fact... I still have it in the back room with the same soft parts and coil in it as that show.

Having that bumped t-yock looks like it will get sratched up very easily. I already notice that one is, seems like the only downfall. That's a heep of weight on that little piece, so you probably blow on it wrong it'll move enough to sratch.

Looks nice though, its different looking, which is always good.

Also, are you going to do different coil options? Like a all out SPL and a more daily friendly? Or are you going to have just one, that's best of both worlds?

I'm planning to offer only the 12-layer coil -- yes, the motor is super strong with it but it seems commonplace these days for folks to like that sound (eg: Wardens daily, DD Z daily, DD 9500H supercharged, etc).

Edited by sundownz

When we going to see a video on this one?

Your slacking, you normally have something up by now.

Need to get the coils in first.