sundownz

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

Funny story... I grabbed the original Monster v.1 prototype the other day for the first time in a while so I could power test some amps (as it's damn near impossible to blow the thing) and thought "MAN this thing is heavy!" as it's about 90 lbs... then I grabbed the v.2 and realized it's not nearly as heavy.

Well thinking back I never weighed the v.2 prototype and it is alot lighter than I assumed it was. Amazing how being so busy you forget to do simple things.

All the shaping I did on the steel cut off WAY more weight than I thought. Which means, what ? I can use standard frames without them snapping off. So what can that mean ?!

CIMG5786.JPG

CIMG5787.JPG

selling and shipping soon???

*drum roll*

Everyone meet the NS v.3 motor.

Minus the top shorting ring and a few minor internal changes that we worked out on the Z v.3 design

... and we'll have them in the 1st half of this year.

Due to the size of the motor in 15s and 18s only.

SHIT .... wish I had a SUV :suicide-santa:

Few other points...

1) The stock spider will be the Z v.3 style spiders with an extra layer added -- just like the prototype I built up.

2) In addition to the extra layer I am looking at triple lead wires standard.

3) The power rating will naturally be more than 2000... I was thinking 2500 or so as our rating on it.

4) In addition to the 12-layer flats I will probably stock an 8-layer round coil as well.

looks beast as hell. with the way its going in 10 years the NS is gonna be able to handle like 15k daily lol.

I am uploading a video now... should be about 45 minutes or so.

I played it free air with everything an SAZ-2500D @ 1 ohm has in it... even pushed into audible clipping.

The cone hit my knuckle and scraped some skin off during the video too *laughs* It moves with a ton of authority. You can actually feel the difference while holding it compared to our other big subs.

Nsv3_Coils.jpg

The 12-layer coils compared to an NS v.2 coil -- they are shorter but much wider and they use a VERY thick winding. These coils offer the most motor force in this motor and incredible thermal capacity.

We'll also do testing with 8-layer round coils as another option -- details will come out on those as we do the testing of course :)

This went from a "Monster" to the NS v.3?

This went from a "Monster" to the NS v.3?

Correct. The Z v.3 performance has been so good I decided to simply step the Nightshade up to this level to really distinguish it.

Nsv3_Coils.jpg

The 12-layer coils compared to an NS v.2 coil -- they are shorter but much wider and they use a VERY thick winding. These coils offer the most motor force in this motor and incredible thermal capacity.

We'll also do testing with 8-layer round coils as another option -- details will come out on those as we do the testing of course :)

with these coils court, the sonic response, as will vary?