mustangsub

can the ssa dcon be wired down to 1 ohm?

i want to buy a 12 inch ssa dcon and run it off an re/us amps dts 800.1 mono block which runs 400watts at 1ohm and 280 at 2 ohms. can the dcon be wired down to 1ohm stable or should i keep it at 2 ohms and run the 280rms to it? Thanks

The lowest you could go would be with a dual 4 ohm VC configuration wired down to 2 ohms. Get 2 and you can get 1 ohm :morepower1:

But you will be fine at that power level at 2 ohms. Don't need the full RMS to get the sub jammin'

The sub doesnt care. If the amp is 1 ohm stable the sub will follow along. Just choose the right coil's to get them down to a 1 ohm load.

The sub doesnt care. If the amp is 1 ohm stable the sub will follow along. Just choose the right coil's to get them down to a 1 ohm load.

The Dcons are only offered in single and dual 4 ohm VC configurations.

The lowest you could go would be with a dual 4 ohm VC configuration wired down to 2 ohms. Get 2 and you can get 1 ohm :morepower1:

But you will be fine at that power level at 2 ohms. Don't need the full RMS to get the sub jammin'

i might start off with the 800.1 or save for the 1000.1. its going in a ported box roughly 1.5 cubes

Do you have the sub already? If not I have a dcon 10 less than a month old $110 shipped if youre interested.

280 watts is plenty of power for a Dcon.

Agreed!