mariobjones

Poor Peal N SEAL!!!!

It worked for a short period of time. Really Nice. I had two layer on entire trunk lid. but as far as adhesive, its horrible. So would I recommend it?? HELLLLL NOOO lol I now have DynaMat Extreme sitting in my room. Here's a couple pictures of it falling off, it was worse than this, i pushed it back up though.

dscn0275de.jpg

dscn0276pa.jpg

dscn0277r.jpg

:poop:

Make sure to clean the hell out of that stuff off you trunk lid before you put your dynamat on there.

Would hate to see left over peel and seal fuck up the good shit.

:poop:

Make sure to clean the hell out of that stuff off you trunk lid before you put your dynamat on there.

Would hate to see left over peel and seal fuck up the good shit.

Haha I Know!! I Plan on wiping it really good with a BUNCH of alcohol

damn, that stuff is garbage! Great post and I hope the guys thinking about buying this stuff get to see it.

damn, that stuff is garbage! Great post and I hope the guys thinking about buying this stuff get to see it.

yes I know. I only did this post to prove a point. It may be good for interior flooring though. But absolutely no roofing lol

klutter kutter will slice right through it like butter. i met a guy who had that happen to his car and i happen to have some klutter kutter with me so i sprayed it on and you could literally wipe it off with your finger like it was just dust

klutter kutter will slice right through it like butter. i met a guy who had that happen to his car and i happen to have some klutter kutter with me so i sprayed it on and you could literally wipe it off with your finger like it was just dust

Good to know.

carburator cleaner or goof off is good too. or any kind of industrial solvent i rebuild oil field equipment for a living and goof off and klutter kutter only put a dent in the nasty grease, oil, mud, parafin mixture +anything else drilled through but we use industrial solvent and it'll take anything off anything.

also did u just stick it on there? or use a roller of sumsort like ur supposed to do? cuz ive seen arizona cars that peel n seal stayed on the roof well over a yr no problem

eh from what ive seen peel and seal is completely hit or miss. ive seen 2 cars from the same area prepped the same, and one failed months before the other

Maybe this thread can be pinned as why not to use this product in an auto application. For the intended use it is a great product when used on the roof under shingles.

Also if you don't mind add some pictures of the clean up process in hopes others will learn from your misfortune.

carburator cleaner or goof off is good too. or any kind of industrial solvent i rebuild oil field equipment for a living and goof off and klutter kutter only put a dent in the nasty grease, oil, mud, parafin mixture +anything else drilled through but we use industrial solvent and it'll take anything off anything.

also did u just stick it on there? or use a roller of sumsort like ur supposed to do? cuz ive seen arizona cars that peel n seal stayed on the roof well over a yr no problem

Bro I did everything I would do to put the dynamat on. I cleaned surface, and rolled it down 4 times with roller

Maybe this thread can be pinned as why not to use this product in an auto application. For the intended use it is a great product when used on the roof under shingles.

Also if you don't mind add some pictures of the clean up process in hopes others will learn from your misfortune.

Will do man. :WELCOME:

holy cow you put a shyt ton of that stuff on the lid lol! i guess Gravity ftw! lol

super glue works

if you really want it to sit put some silicone on there.

pretty much what i used on my doors

dscn0275de.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscn0276pa.jpg

dscn0277r.jpg

You stated you prepped the surface properly and that you used a roller, I wasn't present when you applied this so I'll take your word that you did that.

Looking at the pics you posted, I don't see any creases, cuts or tears in the foil from sharp edges, seams, curves around the decklid bracing or the edge of the roller.

When I put mine on I had these marks in the foil or had to make the cuts to follow the curves, everything is staying up so far, put it on mid summer last year. It was in the mid to upper 90's for weeks and it's a black truck.

It wasn't peal n seal ,but a very similar product from home depot.

I Hope you have better luck with the dynamt. That sucks having to remove that stuff!

Edited by cobra93

Only cars I seen were it held up well was when a roller and heat gun was used

You better be careful what solvent you put on that paint...or you are going to be in for a paint job too on the outside of the car from overspray.

Speaking of "Paint job" I am getting a new one!! in about a week. "I'll post pics of interior painting I did also.

And this morning!! I came outside to check on the lid, and its damn near OFF!! I mean all of it is falling off. I'll get you guys a pic.

Not only does it fall off, but even when applied "right" it doesn't deaden for crap either.

Not only does it fall off, but even when applied "right" it doesn't deaden for crap either.

Why is everyone thinking i didnt apply it right?? I did, it just doesnt work!!