mwoehr

Thinking of stepping up from my DCON 12s

Thinking of stepping up from my DCON 12s  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which for a Sundown SAZ-1500D V.2

• 2 Sundown SA-12's in 1.75 cubes each tuned to 33hz
    • 1 Xcon 15 sealed
    • 1 Xcon 12 ported

Hello guys, how's it going? I've been banging with my DCON 12s for a while now and am thinking of stepping up my bass output. I have the DCON's in 1.75 cubes each tuned to 33hz (that's about what I could fit). For what it's worth they have served me pretty well and I've been told my many people they pound. I have them powered by a RF T500. What I'm considering is either 1 Xcon 12 ported or 1 Xcon15 sealed or 2 Sundown SA-12's in an enclosure around the same size I currently have. Either would be powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D V.2.

Edited by Jysoe

1.75 will work for the Xcon's. It is on the tight side for the 15, but with some polyfill, I think you should be good, if not lean towards the 12. Keep in mind you will be giving up some cone area.

I would do the 15 ported being you have 3.5 cubes to work with

You have room for one Xcon 15 ported or 2 Xcons 12 ported. You may want a little more power for the 12s. But 1500 watts ? That will be good for both options!.

Height wise I can't do a 15 ported. I would be able to do 1 in a slanted sealed box though. If I had the space for an Xcon 15 ported I'd rather do the optimum sized ported box for it.

1.75 will work for the Xcon's. It is on the tight side for the 15, but with some polyfill, I think you should be good, if not lean towards the 12. Keep in mind you will be giving up some cone area.

I think you misunderstood me friend. I have 2 12s in 1.75 each. I would do the Xcon 15 in 2.50 - 2.75 cubes sealed.

For overall loudness I would do 2 SA 12's, but for loud SQ 1 12" Xcon ported would sound pretty good. What are your goals?

Height wise I can't do a 15 ported. I would be able to do 1 in a slanted sealed box though. If I had the space for an Xcon 15 ported I'd rather do the optimum sized ported box for it.

Gives up your maximum external deminsions

For overall loudness I would do 2 SA 12's, but for loud SQ 1 12" Xcon ported would sound pretty good. What are your goals?

Wouldn't the SA-12's sound good as well?