mariobjones

Can Someone please help me with designing a box

I want to do a install of 4 15s in trunk of grand prix. I will be building inside trunk. I just need help, and suggestions on designs. Let me know guys. 37" wide and with 16" tall, and roughly 50" long(from trunk opening to rear seats.

why 4 15s in the trunk?

I've seen it done IN PERSON, and it was to specs ported. I guess I'll let you all know when I'm done with it.

I see it but not sure if you have the air space for it. 12's would probably be better

unled1su.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or just a regular box, with the subs facing upward you could fit 15's i suppose

That trunk is extra long

edit:

what subs and how much power?

So you can know how much airspace you need

I did some off the wall build in my towncar, so anything is possible bro

Edited by djjdnap

That's how the guys box looked, but was fiberglassed and more curvy to fit better. Thanks man. What program can I use to make a box design?

like i said you need to get know how much space you need and have first.

but heres a good start,

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

pretty much a rectangle and 2 squares

so once you get your volume you can make your port

probably be easier to use aero ports

I have an 08 Grand prix sitting in my driveway right now.. traded my truck with a friend for a week.. 4 15's in that trunk is crazy talk. Get a SUV or pick a different setup. Maybe build a wall or something.

The older gp's trunk are bigger than the newer models. And yeah, I'll try 4 12's, it'll be easier. It's just gonna be temporary but their kicker cvx's. I'm gonna do the two btl n3 12 when ever I can buy the new crescendo amps.

well in that case good luck ;) was gonna say these 08's suck for trunk space.

I had a 99 GP, and I say you are very creative if you can get 4 15s in that trunk. Good luck if you decide to do that.

I have an 08 Grand prix sitting in my driveway right now.. traded my truck with a friend for a week.. 4 15's in that trunk is crazy talk. Get a SUV or pick a different setup. Maybe build a wall or something.

x2..good luck on whatever you do though, thats a lot for a car trunk :lol2: but i want to see pics when its done :fing34:

I've seen it done IN PERSON, and it was to specs ported. I guess I'll let you all know when I'm done with it.

and how loud was that?

Four 12's would work better than trying to fit 2lbs of shit in a 1lb bag. :D

^^^ This

You said Kicker CVX's, and you want 4 15s, correct? That's going to take 7.2 to 20.8 sealed OR 12.0 to 20.0 ported. You have, with the measurements you posted in the first post, 17.129 ft^3

I would honestly go with 4 12s in a ported box since the recommended is 8.75 ft^3. Gives you plenty of room to put your amp(s), batteries, and whatever else AND will get loud in the properly designed enclosure..

God I just woke up. I hope that makes some sense.

OP, you are truly unbelievable. Every single question you ask that you need help with, you disregard all responses and simply say "Oh well I'm going to do it any ways."

You have this mentality in your head that more drivers, more cone area, more motor force WILL always equate to more output. Though I agree that I like to use as much cone area as possible and less power, there are constraints.

In your case, a trunk, and volume requirements. Say you manage to squeeze out every last bit of space in your vehicle and you end up doing 12cubes, or 17cubes.

Will you still have enough room for your batteries and amps?

Will their be enough room for the drivers to properly unload?

Will their be enough room for the bass to enter the cabin? Or is it going to be choked off because your box is only 3" below the roof of your trunk?

As stated above, it sounds like you have the room to use a big efficient box for 4 12"s, you'd have the room for all your batteries and amps, space for the drivers to unload and for the bass to easily enter the cabin.

It's not like I'm trying to talk you down because I don't want you to be louder then me...

If you still decide the need to do 15s, draw an outline of the box, and post how close the height of the box is to the trunk roof and cabin entrance.

The older gp's trunk are bigger than the newer models. And yeah, I'll try 4 12's, it'll be easier. It's just gonna be temporary but their kicker cvx's. I'm gonna do the two btl n3 12 when ever I can buy the new crescendo amps.

I hope you're not planning on using N3s for a daily setup..

It can be done. Its not going to die when you put music on it.

I know, but it's not what they're built for.

I know, but it's not what they're built for.

Some people consider one note fart bombs as SQ setups. At least that seems to be rather evident from some recent posts I've read.

If you guys do some research and see that the 2002 grand prix is a bigger and better car than a regular gp, you'd understand that the trunks are bigger, car is wider, and has much better parts mechanically and cosmetically than a regular. I'll post pics. Tired of people comparing a reg to the anniversary one :sleepwerd4:

And by 2002, I mean the 40th anniversary 2002, with every single upgrade!!

Edited by GrandPrixBass