chris the man

DROP IN TEST DD vs. Fi

What is the goal of the "drop in test"? You state you are trying to see which has the highest score, but the real question is why and what information do you plan to glean from this?

the only way i could ever see a drop in test actually being successful in a way to measure which sub was louder on the meter is if the box being used WAS the official box that would permanently be used in said vehicle.

^And of course the results would ONLY hold true for THAT install in THAT car.

It's been known that sub swapping is a no no comparison method just by itself.

this is why you may see many people say Sub A was louder than Sub B then somebody else will do the exact same test and it be the other way around.

Amp swapping is another no no too.

Battery swapping.. eh.. not as many variables but still would effect battery comparison's greatly if a battery had any extra use over another one.

I believe the goal as to why which one is louder, if i'm right, is to attempt, within the testing limits in this thread, to show that a user need not spend the extra money by going with DD if loud on the meter is your goal.

ohhh shiz. m5 steppin in with the smack down.

anyways, as for musical ability of the subs, thats 90% box... i built a box for my single dd 9518 that was more musical and played lower than any single btl set up i've ever heard... same sub i burped a 147.7 with on less than 2500 rms.

either way, this will simply prove that in this particular set up, one sub is more inclined to be successful in that particular scenario. the real test would be doing 20 different boxes, with power ranging from 1k rms to 4k rms, and seeing which subs hold up the best, put up the highest numbers, and are the most flexible in the variation of set ups. that would actually give you an idea of which sub is "better".

anyways, as for musical ability of the subs, thats 90% box...

Couldn't agree more as long as the box includes the compensation for the environment, which I will assume you were implying.

i built a box for my single dd 9518 that was more musical and played lower than any single btl set up i've ever heard...

That's subjective, and no I am not drawing or implying judgment on either driver. For you, I am sure your statement holds true.

either way, this will simply prove that in this particular set up, one sub is more inclined to be successful in that particular scenario

For the goal of show a number on the meter

the real test would be doing 20 different boxes, with power ranging from 1k rms to 4k rms, and seeing which subs hold up the best, put up the highest numbers, and are the most flexible in the variation of set ups. that would actually give you an idea of which sub is "better".

You'll have one hell of a conflicting test if you do that. Highest numbers you could determine, but it would surely be easier to make a model and validate it than to try and create a model out of an experiment. As for the most flexible and better, that is going to be a subjective determination unless you are silly enough to always consider better a higher number. *outside of competing for numbers of course*

Actually there is/was no member controversy here so no need to start some hysterical movement on the forum, lol.

Honestly I just want to see what happens ...

Shit yeah.

X2, Your results will probably do nothing more than make me feel better about owning a BTL UFO style sub (hopefully). just kind of interesting to me.

and? :P

THE RESULTS ARE IN

:suicide-santa::WTFBubble:

post them up ! :gayhaaay1:

lol sorry guys VIDS WILL BE UP TOMORROW WE ARE RE DOING WITH A CLAMP

believe it or not both subs hit a 151.4 @60hz EXACTLY

vids coming up!!!

Now test on lower power ;)

what does the term "clamped" mean? i picture it meaning where they are both measured and held at a constant amount of power?

i.e. 3k watts steady?

:worthless::dammit::postwhore::wackit2:

what does the term "clamped" mean? i picture it meaning where they are both measured and held at a constant amount of power?

i.e. 3k watts steady?

"Clamped" used in this thread is a way of measuring power with a clamp meter. A clamp meter measures a current that pases through a coil in the meter by clamping around the wires.

Another term "clamped" is used when two amplifiers are clamped together. Basically one amp is wired into another amp and power output is the sum of the two amps.

:Cavalry: