Philanthro

Road noise - need advice

So I'm trying to sound deaden my moms 2009 or 10 (it's the newer body style) Honda CRV to kill road noise. She commutes 1-4 hours a day (mostly highway) and hates the road noise. This car is horrible!

Ultimately she doesnt care about stereo or thermal insulation, she just wants a quieter ride. I was under the impression that the floor would make the biggest difference, so I used ~80 sq ft of damp pro on the entire floor, spare tire area, as high up on the firewall as I could get, and some on the back hatch. Also did the back quarterpanels I believe they are called (above the rear wheel wells) and stuffed the huge open cavities with several yards of fiberglass. The results are less than impressive so far. I plan on doing both the inner and outer door skin next on all four doors. I know that every car is different, but do you have any recommendations on what else would be most effective? The damp pro didn't even seem to make much of a difference on the road noise coming from the floor. It is still awful and sounds like its coming from everywhere!

I have used your products many times with great results, and I believe I can make her car nice and quiet with second skin, I just hope you guys could give me some advice on what to do that will be the most effective

Im sure LLP will help, and I was thinking spectrum in the wheelwells? Also can LLP be used in the doors or is it not waterproof?

As you could imagine she's a little disappointed with the money spent so far and very little results :(

The floor and rest of the car is super thin metal and it sounds like a lot of the road noise is also the "tin can" resonating so I guess I expected a solid layer of mat to solidify it and make it quieter...

Doors And Front Fenderwells Are The #1 Source Of Road Noise Resonation In Most Vehicles.

But Using That Much Deadener Isn't Really Needed, CLD Tiles And A Layer Of MLV Works Best.

I'd do the doors next, but get a barrier in there, between the inner skin and trim panel. A lot of tire noise comes in through the front edges of the front door and the rear edges of the rear doors. It will also make a big dent in traffic noise. It should make an audible difference in noise levels and will cut down on the omnidirectional noise you're hearing now.

That improvement may encourage her to let you revisit the floor, cargo area floor and quarter panels. You'll need a barrier in those areas as well. Hondas have a lot of vibration damper on the floor from the factory. Adding more will only reduce noise levels if you add enough layers to create a barrier. That's not an efficient or cost effective way to do things. Multiple layers at 100% coverage is also going to be a big problem if the vehicle ever needs body work.

That's not an efficient or cost effective way to do things. Multiple layers at 100% coverage is also going to be a big problem if the vehicle ever needs body work.

^^That's a great point that I don't think most ppl think of until they actually need something fixed and its covered. :fing34:

When I did my quarter panels it really cut out a lot for me but then again every car is going to be different...goodluck!

I never realizied how much I needed sound deadener until today, I got dual Flowmasters installed and resonators removed, I was thinking how much of my sound goes out!

I never realizied how much I needed sound deadener until today, I got dual Flowmasters installed and resonators removed, I was thinking how much of my sound goes out!

Is everyone driving near you going to need sound deadener too? :ehh: