sundownz

Sundown NeoPro-8 and 10s in stock !

CIMG4893.JPG

CIMG4894.JPG

100-watts RMS 8s / $99 each from authorized dealer

200-watts RMS 10s / $115 each from authorized dealer

Frequency range is ~80-5000 Hz on these -- the bottom end crossover point depends largely on how much power is ran to them.

8 ohm coils for large setups where you would be connecting 4 per channel to an SAX-125.2 or SAX-100.4 or 8 per channel on an SAX-200.4

These drivers are extremely light and relatively shallow so will fit in many locations easily and also will not weigh down doors with large quantities of drivers as bad as ferrite drivers.

Standard Madisound grilles should fit them -- we will test it shortly.

Awesome!!!! :drink40:

...Damnit. Now I'm Getting Ideas Of Glassing 8-12 Of The 10"s In My Jimmy.

Might As Well Start A Big Fiberglass Project Later After I'm Done Making The Pods For My Rainbows In The Truck.

:phatyo::wackit3:

Quick video... my caption :

"We also measured power to be between ~40 and 80 watts during the video... the camera microphone is distorted badly when close to the speaker so I backed up in the video so you can see distortion is quite low in reality; my hand-held camera simply doesn't have a great microphone on it. I was wearing ear-plugs in the video as it was so loud. Also -- we had no baffle on the driver so some cancellation is present -- on a baffle output will be greater. Obviously we will do more videos later... this one was just the first unit we took out of the box to mess with from production."

I'll get to other questions later.

Had a few people ask about x-max -- linear x-max by 70% BL is 5mm one-way (10mm p-p) with 12.5mm of total clearance allowed in the motor. The coil can move 11.5mm before exiting the gap so it has a bit of extra clearance in there.

We played for quite some time on our 100.2 bridged on the 10" and had it smell hot and abused the heck out of it... could not thermal the 10" driver. When I cut it down the coil was mint -- so I am very pleased thermally.

The 8" has a smaller coil which is why it is rated lower for reference.

I'll get some more specs up once a few people get them installed :) The plan is to send them in for a better FR graph than what I have now as well done at am American facility.

Quick video... my caption :

"We also measured power to be between ~40 and 80 watts during the video... the camera microphone is distorted badly when close to the speaker so I backed up in the video so you can see distortion is quite low in reality; my hand-held camera simply doesn't have a great microphone on it. I was wearing ear-plugs in the video as it was so loud. Also -- we had no baffle on the driver so some cancellation is present -- on a baffle output will be greater. Obviously we will do more videos later... this one was just the first unit we took out of the box to mess with from production."

I'll get to other questions later.

Wowza that video hurt my ears and my computer speakers are at min volume lol

Nice video, my speakers hated me lol had to turn that bish down. How did you have that one speaker wired to the amp?

Maybe it's a pro audio thing, but why do you rate them at 1/200 watts when you say they're meant to be ran 4/8 each channel giving them very minimal power? They're that efficient?

mmm...beautiful! :drink40:

whats the mounting depth on the 8?

Nice video, my speakers hated me lol had to turn that bish down. How did you have that one speaker wired to the amp?

Maybe it's a pro audio thing, but why do you rate them at 1/200 watts when you say they're meant to be ran 4/8 each channel giving them very minimal power? They're that efficient?

You will note the clamped power at 40-80 watts during the video -- so yah, they get loud without a ton of actual power.

We had the speaker bridged on the amp @ 8 ohms.

3.6" on the 8" for depth

My ears are ringing from the pre-orders being tested *laughs*

We'll have to test them on LPF or we'll all go deaf.

Hey, Jake.

What would you pair them with?

How does 100.4(one channel per speaker) sound powering the 10" version?

And they seem to get loud, but how do the sound in your opinion? :)

Ouch!

Nothing like full range, free air testing!

3.6" on the 8" for depth

91mm too much for my BMW :ehh:

Seeing as the 10" was kinda warm after being bridged on the SAX-100.2, if I get a pair of 8"s would I better off running them one per channel or running the pair bridged on a SAX-125.2?

Seeing as the 10" was kinda warm after being bridged on the SAX-100.2, if I get a pair of 8"s would I better off running them one per channel or running the pair bridged on a SAX-125.2?

I don't think you would ever reach the volume level we were at in a car in any situation and hence not the level of thermal stress; not to mention we drove the amp into clipping -- if you did I'd expect you to lose your hearing in a few days. We were measuring ~ 115 dB about 6 feet away; which at mid-range frequencies is quite damaging. Not to mention in your car you are much closer to the drivers.

So... you could wire it either way. Of course when bridged you won't have stereo.

I don't think you would ever reach the volume level we were at in a car in any situation and hence not the level of thermal stress; not to mention we drove the amp into clipping -- if you did I'd expect you to lose your hearing in a few days. We were measuring ~ 115 dB about 6 feet away; which at mid-range frequencies is quite damaging. Not to mention in your car you are much closer to the drivers.

So... you could wire it either way. Of course when bridged you won't have stereo.

Yeah that is my only down fall if I decide to go bridged, Im thinking of getting a SAX-100.4D and just bridging the channels and running one driver per side. But Im thinking that may be too much for them.

What enclosure are these looking to be in for best performance? Will they do well in a door (leaky sealed)? OR should I plan on putting them in an either small sealed or small ported (tuned 70-80 hertz to control excursion) enclosure?

Comparible sound to say a B&C 8NDL51?