Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Thor review

Saw Thor last night...

While it definitely has some very nice special effects which some would only excel in an IMAX capable theater and the fact that there is surprisingly a lot of comedy involved with this film, the "superhero" part of the movie is lacking greatly....

When i go to a Marvel comic movie, i'm assuming i'm going to see some "Super-natural powers" from the main character(s).

There was actually very short scenes where the user sees this...

This movie actually reminds me of Spiderman. Unless there is sequels to be made from Thor... it is wise to probably only watch this one and move on...

The problem with this theory is Avengers is coming May 2012 so i highly doubt a sequel, let alone an effective sequel to Thor would ever work.

Conclusion- either see it full blown in IMAX or just wait for it to come on disc.. It's an interesting story but the majority of the movie was focused on Thor being on Earth and leaning more towards the comedy side of things rather than showing the history or really how powerful Thor can really be rather than the short 30sec or less scenes...

On a positive note.. DO NOT leave once the credits roll.. Wait until the very end for the secret scene at the end....

For those that have watched the Avengers trailer, there is a reason why a certain person is narrating in this trailer :)

Ahhh man "Thor" was always a cool Marvel Comics character to bad Hollywood ruined it.