Anyone know of a good voltmeter for the single-din spot don't like the look of that emptiness. I know of stinger but want a smoother look.

You could always make your own. :peepwall:

Schematics and parts lists for those fairly simple devices are available. Or you could even get an old style analog meter and do something cool with that, and it would be easier than the digital.

Yeah I was thinking about buying a digital lcd one and placing a glass in front of it the size of the single din, but I rather buy a prefab one.

something like this, I think it'll look good with a glass over it and back painted black leaving the glass alone around the voltmeter screen.

bp26.jpg

Nothing against Shizzon, but...

kraz3one, you can get the one you posted the image of on Ebay for $7-$8 with free shipping. I've got one and it works great. I just need to get aorund to removing the stinger meter I got and installing that one permanently.

yep, he's almost right...

Several months ago, i posted, not on this forum, that i would be ordering a bulk order of these voltmeters.

I specifically said that the users can purchase them individually out of the country for cheaper than going through me but here is the breakdown-

The company i purchase them through urges not to order them individually as they are frequently lost in customs and urge to purchase in larger quantities.

The actual price for a single voltmeter is $12 shipped.

It will take 21-28days for you to receive it if you purchase out of the country.

There are MANY imitators on ebay of these meters but only 1 stands out.

these have no POT inside of them.

These use lots of internals to ensure they run ice cold.

Accuracy is 0.08% within 3 min and can read up to 30vDC

There was a rush of these meters before because nobody had any true 18v meters until now...

So, i'm not tryin to scam anybody into thinking they are getting a helluva deal.

My business does not evolve around this market, hehe.

It's something i just have on hand and to prevent me from breaking below even, the price sold in the usa must be doubled to take into account processing fees, shipping and taxes.

that's the whole shabang.

I wasn't trying to make it look like you were trying to scam anybody Shizzzon. I guess I must have typed it the wrong way. Sorry for that.

Yes, the ones that I mentioned can take up to a month to receive.

I got mine from China for $7.99 shipped.

It does have a POT in it.

I am not sure of the accuracy but do know they'll go up to 19.5 volts.

Shizzzon's meters look to be better built. His are fully encased where the ones that I've mentioned are not. This isn't a big thing, but, it is worth mentioning.

A difference between the one Shizzzon and I are talking about, and ones from companies like Stinger, is no remote wire. Stinger has a remote turn on wire, these don't. Not a big deal either, but still, I thought it's worth mentioning. (wait a minute, do I see a white wire on Shizzzon's meter? If so... his has the remote wire.)

All in all, you'll be better off with the ones he is offering.

I pay 30+ dollars to get things sent to me faster instead of waiting that 5-7 days just because I get anxious over the little projects around the house or in my car. An extra 12$ to get it 2weeks earlier isn't a big deal, If you got the one on ebay can I see a link? I think I saw it and didn't like it though.

mine do nto have a remote wire, it's self powered off the power line it's measuring.

It also auto-senses light in the environment as well.

When it gets dark outside, the display will automatically dim so it's not blinding to read.

These meters pull a maximum of 0.3A under full load and 0.17A at night.

Shizz, what colors do you have? just blue?

yea, i can get red and i think green but i'd have to order a bulk load of them.

Ebay also has the stinger voltmeter for 25$ shipped never had a problem with mine.