I just got my aq2200d 3days ago. As im tuning it today, it was hitting pretty hard. How come it just shut off. I turned my car off and back on, and there was just a red light saying its in protect mode, and now the amp wont even turn on at all! :WTFBubble:

whats the rest of your system consist of? what kind of electrical system do you have? Are you sure you wired it right?

everything is wired right. I have had it in my car for 3days now, it was bumping pretty hard, until today when i was trying to give it a fine tune. I dident even put up the gain, it was half way. my electrical consists of a xs 1200d and the big 3.

Have you thought about checking your voltage at full tilt? Not sure if that d1200 can really support that amp all day long

and no high output alt.. hmm...

What is your stock alternator rated at?

Also, typical causes is damage to the power supply...

Not giving you a definite answer but leaning towards it.

What sub(s) were you powering and measure ohm value on DMM on the speaker wire that was going into the amp and tell me what it reads.

i dont kno about the dmm rating on the speaker wire, but i have two fi bl 12's. When i turn on my car the red light just blinks

so now it went from protection light on to not on to blinking...

Seriously, if u do not know how the subs are wired, do not know how to use a dmm.. then i cannot help you.

Get someone who can and i will be able to relate.

my friend wired the subs for me. They are wired down to 1ohm. He is experienced. But he is out of town so he cant help me right now

let me say this so we are on the same page.

Even though u may have a battery in the back, an experienced friend wired everything properly.. even if u had a high output alt, etc... there is always the possiblity of something that's not right..

Why did you make this topic.. because your amp has a problem...

It doesn't matter if someone experienced set it up or that u have an extra battery in the back.. we are STILL going to have to check those areas for process of elimination.

So, possible causes i am leaning towards-

PS damaged from low voltage and\or low impedance. The reasons arent necessary right now. What is necessary is finding the fault.

Ground connection is weak

Extremely hot back there around amp

Damage from loose cable grounding out

Damage from internal vibrations

So.. how are we to do the process of elimination?

I need a DMM and that alone will take care of most possible causes.

let me say this so we are on the same page.

Even though u may have a battery in the back, an experienced friend wired everything properly.. even if u had a high output alt, etc... there is always the possiblity of something that's not right..

Why did you make this topic.. because your amp has a problem...

It doesn't matter if someone experienced set it up or that u have an extra battery in the back.. we are STILL going to have to check those areas for process of elimination.

So, possible causes i am leaning towards-

PS damaged from low voltage and\or low impedance. The reasons arent necessary right now. What is necessary is finding the fault.

Ground connection is weak

Extremely hot back there around amp

Damage from loose cable grounding out

Damage from internal vibrations

So.. how are we to do the process of elimination?

I need a DMM and that alone will take care of most possible causes.

Just fix it please. :P

i just fixed it. Its a voltage problem. The amp works fine now but i cant turn up the gain. Im going to get an xs d3100 and hopefully that will be enough. what do you guys think?

stop...

Why is there a voltage problem? what was the voltage?

If it's because the alternator cannot keep up.. then that's user error.

IF you refuse to upgrade to a high output alt, then u need to give the stock alt plenty of time to maintain the batteries in the car..

Otherwise u can add 10 D3100s, it will only take longer before u have the same problem again.

what was the voltage since u say it was a voltage problem?

Adding more batts will only give you a temp fix...

It's your ALTERNATOR. If you refuse to upgrade it, do not play at prolonged levels without charging batt back up.

In this situation, u would highly benefit from a remote voltmeter.

ok.. 11.9v isn't low enough to shut the amp off..

Did it just drop to or does it rest at 11.9v with car off?

well now the amp is fine, i just cant turn up the gain. While i was tuning the amp today i was putting up the gain and thats when it shut off. The red indicator light came on, then the amp completetly shut off. Now all of a sudden my amp turns on and works properly except i cant put up the gain. My voltage with the car off is 13.4, when my car is running its 14.4

ok, do me a favor. Go back out there tomorrow morning and measure the voltage on the battery BEFORE you start the car.

the reason for this is i want the car to not have been turned on for hours before doing this measurement.

13.4v is too high for the batt rest.

So the reading you are getting is surface charge from the alternator which means that measurement was done not too long after shutting the vehicle off.