Sign in to follow this  
Handcrafted Car Audio

Phoenix area GTG for a great cause.

GTG Date: Saturday 6/4/11 6 pm or so.

As some of you know, my daughter required some extra attention after she was born and we ended up staying in the hospital for 3 weeks with her. While we were there, we were treated so well and regularly given little gifts to make the circumstances a little brighter. I have wanted to do something to give back in some way for all that was done for my little girl ever since, so here is what I came up with.

I want to use my business to try to help raise awareness and collect items to help support child safety around water. Although it is not directly related to what my daughter went through, it is most certainly needed and it may help keep some other guys baby out of a hospital bed. I have spoken with the Drowning Coalition, AZ Fish & Game and Mesa FD and I have a few ideas on how to execute this. The main drive will be through my shop where I will offer a discount on services/products for anybody who brings in a lifejacket. I would also like to do an event at a lake where I could bring a boat with a nice audio system to help promote marine audio and offer to take other boaters extra jackets (cuz I know they have em) off their hands in exchange for some kind of discount. The last part is where you guys come in.

Some of you may recall that we had a little GTG at my shop in January to talk SQ and basically hang out. We talked about doing it more often, but Jan, Feb and March were ridiculously busy for my business and I simply did not have the time. Well, I have been talking to Don Gibson about it for the past few weeks and we would like to do another get together, ideally on 6/4 AFTER SUNDOWN, or atleast close to it. This will be a place where you guys can come hang out, talk gear, sound, setups and all that. Plus, we will be raffling off a set of Phass tweeters, donated by Don and a compete sound system donated by Handcrafted Car Audio and Arc Audio. The proceeds would go to support the safety around water campaign. We are talking about having a tuning seminar, where myself and maybe a guest would go over tuning techniques, gain structure and all that. There would be food, maybe drinks, and manufacturer demos. The best part, is that you can attend and have your fill of all of this for the cost of a life jacket!

Going forward, I plan to do more of these shows as the summer months stretch on. Once swimming season is over, I plan to do a big show/gtg to promote the Eller Congenital Heart Defect center as that would allow me to give back directly to those that helped my family. So, what do you guys think? Will you all rally up and support me on this?

Jon I won't be back in for that GTG. Seeing as how its for charity PM me your PayPal addy i'd like to make a little donation.

J

I will try to be there. Love your work, and great to see sombody giving back.

Thank you guys, I am going to start compiling a list of attendees over the next day or so if I can keep my welding helmet off long enough. But, you guys get to see what I've been welding when you come!

I would be down to come over, been wanting to meet you for a while now anyways!!! Any chance you would be able to make it down to my show this weekend, the 21st?

Okay, here's the gameplan...well, most of it anyway.

Where: Handcrafted Car Audio

When: June 4th, 6:00 pm

Who: Anybody who is into cars, good sound or helping out a good cause.

What: SQ get together/car show/fund raiser

All proceeds of the get together will go to support our Safe N' Sound campaign which is designed to promote child safety around water by collecting life jackets to be distributed to those who need them.

Some of the highlights of this get together are as follows:

A silent auction for a set of Phass tweeters and a complete Arc Audio system and possibly more!

A short tuning seminar will be held to show the benefit of proper tuning technique using the right tools.

A chance to hear some great sound systems and get recommendations for how to improve yours.

Enjoy some good food and meet some new people or hang out with friends.

Support a good cause!

The cost of admission will be simple. Either bring a new or lightly used lifejacket, or $10.

Thank you all for your participation.

One last addition before the GTG this Saturday. We will have Mobile Solutions on hand with their demo booth set up so you guys can check out all the cool tools that make what we do so much easier. Bryan Schmitt has also told me that is going to be providing something for the giveaway as well.

So, we have a full Arc Audio sound system, a set of Hybrid Audio speakers and a set of Phass tweeters to be auctioned off via a silent auction. And we have Compustar alarms, Mobile Solutions gear and a Pioneer deck to giveaway just for coming and donating!

It's gonna be fun, see you guys there