mariobjones

8" woofers in doors as low end??

Hey "the end" stop replying to so many post, everytime i see your avatar video i get all dstracted and lose all my thoughts! haha :wub:

haha same here

Make it three over here. :P

+4

lol

I didnt make a pod for my 8's, just cut a hole, since they were supposed to be IB drivers i believe.

Im thinking a sub instead of a comp would sound better though only because under 50HZ they dont perform to well, could be because of the IB as well.

+5

+6 hahaa

Just looked at the neos they say only down to 80HZ

im good i need 20hz optimal or at least 40hz

It seems as though your looking to put in 8" subs instead of 8" midbass drivers in your doors, you wont find any mids that will due 20-40hz. That is sub bass duty and not midbass duty.

yeah, thats why I said I'd use they kicker 8's lol 30-500hz low-end and mid end. As for my cadence MIDS they only pick up 125-10k for of a mid-high woofer. So kickers will run my 200 and under Hz, cadence will run my 200-kHz, and tweets 1k-20k Hz. does tat make more sense?? I wont listen to my woofers every time I'm in car.

It seems as though your looking to put in 8" subs instead of 8" midbass drivers in your doors, you wont find any mids that will due 20-40hz. That is sub bass duty and not midbass duty.

yes and yes

see previous post

yeah, thats why I said I'd use they kicker 8's lol 30-500hz low-end and mid end. As for my cadence MIDS they only pick up 125-10k for of a mid-high woofer. So kickers will run my 200 and under Hz, cadence will run my 200-kHz, and tweets 1k-20k Hz. does tat make more sense?? I wont listen to my woofers every time I'm in car.

You probably will have to run your tweeters a little higher that that, I dont know of many tweeters that can drop that low especially super tweeters. Sounds like you have a plan, now you just have to implement it. What super tweeters do you have?

Selenium ST350 Super Tweeter and yeah ill run them at 3k and up

yes sir you will definitely have to start at 3,000hz with those tweets, I had the ST200's last year and loved them.

I used some old Kicker Shallow Mount Midbasses in my Grand Prix. They really pounded and were less than 3" mounting depth, and I think I found them on ebay for about 100/pair. Not sure if they are sold anymore.

the kickers arent all that tall, thats why i figured i try them. I have a 2002 grand 40th anniv.