B-chi

Help on deciding what box to go for

I've currently got a Brand X audio BA18. I believe it's from a build house in the states that makes a Moab is it. I'm from the uk by the way.

It's currently in a 4.5cuft box tuned to 30Hz with about 60sqin of port area. Although small it does sound nice. Just wondering what you guys would do with it. I can get some T/S specs up in a bit when home.

Thanks karl

It's being run off a sundown 3500 @ 1ohm.

Will need T/S parameters to assist you. Impossible to help without them.

I've currently got a Brand X audio BA18. I believe it's from a build house in the states that makes a Moab is it. I'm from the uk by the way.

It's currently in a 4.5cuft box tuned to 30Hz with about 60sqin of port area. Although small it does sound nice. Just wondering what you guys would do with it. I can get some T/S specs up in a bit when home.

Thanks karl

It's being run off a sundown 3500 @ 1ohm.

What exactly are you trying to do/improve? Bigger box, diff tuning?? You post really doesnt mention what you are trying to do. :ughdunno:

Will need T/S parameters to assist you. Impossible to help without them.

I know im probly going to sound like an idiot, but im here to learn..what do you mean by T/S specs/parameters? Thanks..lol

The T/S parameters are the electro-mechanical specifications that are used to design for a specific driver. They have to do with the compliance, or stiffness of the suspension, the strength of the motor, and much much more. This information, when measured/determined accurately, can tell exactly how that driver will perform in given situations and can be used to derive the ideal enclosure alignment in which to use it. That's all done with some very in depth but easy to get a hold of formulas. Also, there's lots of programs out there that do the math for you, though they're not always entirely accurate. EVERY driver, even "sister" ones off the same assembly line, have different T/S specifications though the "sister" ones will or should be very close.

The T/S parameters are the electro-mechanical specifications that are used to design for a specific driver. They have to do with the compliance, or stiffness of the suspension, the strength of the motor, and much much more. This information, when measured/determined accurately, can tell exactly how that driver will perform in given situations and can be used to derive the ideal enclosure alignment in which to use it. That's all done with some very in depth but easy to get a hold of formulas. Also, there's lots of programs out there that do the math for you, though they're not always entirely accurate. EVERY driver, even "sister" ones off the same assembly line, have different T/S specifications though the "sister" ones will or should be very close.

So would that be the specs that are show on the subs like Qes, Qms, Qts, Xmax, etc..? Because when I used this one calc to build my box a while ago I think it did have me enter something like this. Thanks for explaining this to me, I appreciate it.

And sorry if I got off topic at all ;)

not to thread jack but Alton...

how did you get the Fi on your box. it looks sick

i been wanting to do something similar like that to mine

So would that be the specs that are show on the subs like Qes, Qms, Qts, Xmax, etc..? Because when I used this one calc to build my box a while ago I think it did have me enter something like this. Thanks for explaining this to me, I appreciate it.

And sorry if I got off topic at all ;)

Yup, thems are the T/S parameters....

Thanks, that's a 22" long vinyl sticker I bought from Fi stuck to the plexi window on the front of the box.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled programming. :ehh:

Thanks, that's a 22" long vinyl sticker I bought from Fi stuck to the plexi window on the front of the box.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled programming. :ehh:

:roflmao: curdog, there's the ability to PM a user for a reason.

oh shiz. i'm going off topic also :ehh: