chainsaw

Trying to drop some weight

Well, Mrs. Chainsaw and I have decided to undertake a drastic change in lifestyle. She had a serious wake up call when the doctor told her she had high blood pressure.

Here is what we are doing:

-We went online and used a Weight loss calculator to plot out our daily calorie intake.

-We have cut out fast food and things like fried food( no junk)

-She has switched to diet coke(I drink cokes sparingly, but when I do its only diet)

-We are keeping a journal of our daily calorie intake and exercise( we are both very busy right now, so not much time for it)

-We are saving for a new treadmill or to repair our current one( we live in a bad neighborhood, so walking at night is out of the question)

I've noticed that just in the last week or so, with cutting the crap out, I'm full on significantly less calories. Basically I could eat a sandwich, yogurt, and fresh strawberries and be full. As opposed to eating a Double stack from BK which would not fill me up and has more calories than that whole meal.

We both plan on exercising more, once school gets out next week. Its kinda hard right now with her working 6 days and me doing work 5 days and school 5 days.

We really want to set a good example for our daughter. We also want to improve our health and appearances for ourselves and each other.

My goal is 66 lbs in 180 days, with a starting weight of 316. Hers is larger, but I don't want to embarrass her. She is giving herself a year.

Based on calorie intake alone, we could reach these goals in a timely manner. No telling what we could do with proper exercise.

She told me she would buy me a new bmx bike if I reach my goal( that was one of my favorite hobbies)

We want to try for a second child when she reaches her goal.

Just wanted to share. I appreciate any encouragement and advice you guys may give.

Thanks

Good luck to both of you. Great start.

Be proud. Did you write down your goals on the online weight loss calculator? You put yours down here and that's a great step. You mentioned that this is partly for your daughter too. Keep with it and you will help her to be healthier too.

One of the best things is to keep a picture of her(your goal), and an outline of your short, medium, and long term goals together. Put it somewhere you will see it everyday.

Be proud. Did you write down your goals on the online weight loss calculator? You put yours down here and that's a great step. You mentioned that this is partly for your daughter too. Keep with it and you will help her to be healthier too.

One of the best things is to keep a picture of her(your goal), and an outline of your short, medium, and long term goals together. Put it somewhere you will see it everyday.

we have our goals and daily calorie intake printed on our journals. We are not using the only tool daily to check in. We actually have binders in which we write down our 3 meals and snacks etc.

Thanks for the advice dude

Heck you're doing everything right.

WHen you can start working in the work outs, you will see things happen. It happens faster than you can imagine. Don't worry too much about the scale either. Weight yourself every day is not always a great plan. Trust the mirror more than the scale when it comes to daily progress. If you're feeling really bold take some pictures. Then you can have some great before and after stories.

I got up to 445 myself a few months back, and am down to 371.5 as of 2 weeks ago. I'm sure you will see even better results.

I'm at 311 lbs as of today. 5lbs down, 61 to go

Good job and good luck! im starting the same path myself.

Low carb, high protein will help alot. eat 5-6 times a day.

good luck!

I would say the biggest thing is dont burn urself out on trying not to eat.

I usually tell myself im not spending any money on fast food or going out to eat during the week.

The weekend is usually not that bad either, because staying away from stuff for 5 days usually starts to train your appetite if you will.

Most people say im not eating anything bad anymore and wind up on the dreaded diet roller coaster..

Also if its not much get a gym membership instead of the tread mill.

With a tread mill your limiting urself to one exercise and might turn out like those old people that do marathons because you will have no muscle.

well no definition anyway

Weighlifiting gets rid of fat as well, muscle burns more calories than fat as well, not some astronomical amount, but every bit helps right

lastly i'd say get you some protein. I mean really thats all slim fast is marketed as a weight loss supplement.

Im no nutritionist or trainer, but the above is what has been working for me.

I also say ditch the treadmill and purchase the base P90X package. I don't care for it's meal plan bc the recipes aren't to my liking but the workouts are top notch and will burn calories much faster than a treadmill.

we have our goals and daily calorie intake printed on our journals. We are not using the only tool daily to check in. We actually have binders in which we write down our 3 meals and snacks etc.

Thanks for the advice dude

Writing down what you eat works really well. If you force yourself to write EVERYTHING down, you wont want to show that you've ate fast food for the first time in a week or something like that. It's a reality check on a daily basis really, that's the way i look at it. Whenever someone talks about wanting to loose weight, this is the first thing i recommend. You dont HAVE to change anything, but seeing what you eat and acknowledging what you take in daily will put a damper on the bad stuff.

Keep up the good work. I've done some P90X and they're no joke!

Cutting out the fast food is helping our budget also. We figured we were spending about 400 monthly on jack in the box, etc. We are looking into a gym. They are putting an anytime fitness about 3 blocks away.

My wife is so proud of me for losing 5 lbs. I love that woman. She is so supportive

Edited by Chainsaw

hey my family is from baton rouge, lol :woot:

305 in boxers today

Excellent, making some good progress there, keep it up. :fing34:

good stuff bro... keep it up..

Hey man I see alot of people giving you support, which is great, but do you mind my two cents?

Here's a cicuit I used to stay lean through the off season for college soccer.

Do each exercise for 30 seconds, 3x.

Running in place.

Up downs.

Mountain climbers.

Knees to chest.

Do those at a high intensity, with a proper diet, (Please cut out cokes until you reach goals), you'll notice much quicker results.

The thing about treadmills is they're only useful if you pretty much sprint the whole time. You can burn much more fat in a

shorter time using the exercises above. Also, if you do that circuit in the morning before you eat, you'll burn even more fat bro.

Hit me up.

Hey man I see alot of people giving you support, which is great, but do you mind my two cents?

Here's a cicuit I used to stay lean through the off season for college soccer.

Do each exercise for 30 seconds, 3x.

Running in place.

Up downs.

Mountain climbers.

Knees to chest.

Do those at a high intensity, with a proper diet, (Please cut out cokes until you reach goals), you'll notice much quicker results.

The thing about treadmills is they're only useful if you pretty much sprint the whole time. You can burn much more fat in a

shorter time using the exercises above. Also, if you do that circuit in the morning before you eat, you'll burn even more fat bro.

Hit me up.

I'll check em out.

Thanx dude

^^^are you ray jay???lol :peepwall:

^Yes I am, now before you ask;

Kim Kardashian was everything, and more.

My wife is so proud of me for losing 5 lbs. I love that woman. She is so supportive

Thats great that she is soo supportive...and thats a good start, keep up the good work. :dancing:

Thats great that she is soo supportive...and thats a good start, keep up the good work. :dancing:

I am proud of her too. She is down about 9lbs

Edited by Chainsaw

I am proud of her too. She is down about 9lbs

Thats really good that you two have eachother to keep motivated. I always do good for a few weeks then just lose interest and now i havent been to the gym in a few weeks. :( If you have a plan, stick to it, dont take a day off...its really hard to get back into the groove of things. thats my problem

IMO fat loss..............circuit running. Outside. 30 seconds sprinting, 60 seconds light jog. Back and forth for a minimum of 10 minutes. Gets the heart PUMPING and ups the metabolism.