Sign in to follow this  
samuel6731

Led lightin help

i just ordered a LED lighting kit for my interior,

http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-4pc-Expandable-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

It comes with a microphone that makes the lights pulse to the bass, i know it does not work good because a friend of mine has the same kit. So my question is, is there anyway you can hook this directly up to my HU or amp so it will work perfectly?

Thanks, in advance

Edited by samuel6731

i just ordered a LED lighting kit for my interior,

http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-4pc-Expandable-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

It comes with a microphone that makes the lights pulse to the bass, i know it does not work good because a friend of mine has the same kit. So my question is, is there anyway you can hook this directly up to my HU or amp so it will work perfectly?

Thanks, in advance

I read up on the link you posted and it doesnt sound like there would be anyway to rig it how you want. I cant think of any way...sorry. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge of these kits on here will know something that would help. Good luck.

*Now im going to be thinking about it the rest of the day, at least while im here at work..if i think of something ill let you know :lol2:

ya that's what i was thinking if there is a way it will be complicated. the bigger more expensive kits come with the microphone and direct wire hook up you just jump off a door speaker wire. but this one does not. I just thought maybe someone might know if you can modify the microphone or something to tie into the HU or a speaker lead.

But thanks any input is appreciated

I would call and ask for that connection wire that comes with the more expensive package. I am too interested in this, but am suprised that the package you are looking at does not include no direct lead... hmm...

LEDglow, as far as I know, does not offer anything but the aux input/line level on any of their kits. I just checked and it looks like even the $180 kit only has a sensor/microphone.

You possibly could use a controller from a different brand, but buying the controller itself will probably cost just as must as buying the whole kit. I even checked Oznium (even though I usually buy from LedGlow), to see if they have a separate controller to do what you want. Nope.

The only thing I can find, and it's in Hong Kong and uses GBP currency is LedBo. It sells for $35.99 GBP plus $9 s/h

http://cgi.ebay.com/5m-5050-RGB-LED-Light-Set-Music-Audio-Input-Controller-/220781736344?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item33679df198

If you can find a US dealer for it, that may be the thing you need. You also might have to modify the kit you currently have a little bit (cutting power wires to match to the controller). Not sure though.

A friend of mine has a similar kit which is hooked directly to his amp and I think he paid somewhere around $50 for it. So there are definately options out there

thanks for all the help guys, im going to look into yall's suggestions. I just dont if i want to tie up another 50-80 bucks in the mess.

Should be two wires inside the microphone wire, if you cut into the wire and connect the two smaller wires to speakers wires, in theory it should work just fine.

You could overload it going that route. But you might be able to put a better microphone on it so it'd do better. Just an idea.