Sign in to follow this  
Dan208

Replacement sub for Kenwood SW-35HT?

I've got a Kenwood HTIB (the 504, I think) that I've had for a number of years. It does the job, but I'd like to play around with it and replace the sub. The only info I can find on it is that it's an 8" sub, has a nominal impedance of 4 ohms and the amp does 100 watts at 4 ohms.

Does anyone have any idea of what sub might work as a drop in replacement? Or, should I just take a shot in the dark and try something out? I've been looking on Parts Express.

Go with the 10" Dayton Titanic MKIII kit, ya can't go wrong for the price.

I've assembled and installed two of them in the last year and they're quite the setup IMHO.

Just my .02

Go with the 10" Dayton Titanic MKIII kit, ya can't go wrong for the price.

I've assembled and installed two of them in the last year and they're quite the setup IMHO.

Just my .02

I've actually been thinking about using the Titanic in my vehicle this summer.

As for the home sub, I want to just swap out the Kenwood sub, using the same enclosure it's in now.

ooooooooopppss.... yep I missed the "drop in" statement toward the end of your OP. lol, well, that's a horse of a different color.

Tang Band 8" <- I used this one to replace a sub in another cheaper brand HTIB and it did very well. Past that, I'm outta suggestions, lol.

Good luck bro, and let us know what u go with and how it works out.

ooooooooopppss.... yep I missed the "drop in" statement toward the end of your OP. lol, well, that's a horse of a different color.

Tang Band 8" <- I used this one to replace a sub in another cheaper brand HTIB and it did very well. Past that, I'm outta suggestions, lol.

LOL. I've been reading a lot of good things about the Tang Band, and that's the one that I'm leaning towards.

LOL. I've been reading a lot of good things about the Tang Band, and that's the one that I'm leaning towards.

:doit::doit: :doit: :doit: