shizzzon

New source for batteries.. Save some money

i would assume so stefan...

Typical size starting batts that are smaller than G31s, these batts will dip low everytime the vehicle is started and may only last ~2-3yrs so not adviseable..

Now.. if u could put a 20" long batt in there, lol, then no problem..

A bank of these batts though.. that's where it's at!

i wonder if my 3500d would be happy with 2 of these's???

Well I can say that I have a shit stock alt, generic starting battery, and a single d1200 in the rear, with a saz3000d.

Gain is set relatively low but I can still hammer on it with somewhat decent voltage.

If you plan on upgrading alts then between the new alt and two of them, you'd probably be good. (assuming your not playing very long / loud with the car off).

If no new h/o alt, then they may not be enough. Do you know what amperage your stock alt can produce?

LOL, my bad man.. i was thinkin u were BanginGMC.. i need to stay in one thread

Haha, yeah he's bagging and it's a truck, slow to begin with, so weight is like meh whatever.

u know what was goin on right, stefan?

I thought i was in the chat and i was losin it over here, lmao.. i'm goin to sleep now...

i would assume so stefan...

Typical size starting batts that are smaller than G31s, these batts will dip low everytime the vehicle is started and may only last ~2-3yrs so not adviseable..

Now.. if u could put a 20" long batt in there, lol, then no problem..

A bank of these batts though.. that's where it's at!

i wonder if my 3500d would be happy with 2 of these's???

Well I can say that I have a shit stock alt, generic starting battery, and a single d1200 in the rear, with a saz3000d.

Gain is set relatively low but I can still hammer on it with somewhat decent voltage.

If you plan on upgrading alts then between the new alt and two of them, you'd probably be good. (assuming your not playing very long / loud with the car off).

If no new h/o alt, then they may not be enough. Do you know what amperage your stock alt can produce?

yeah when its running i get voltage drop but thats after playing for a little, and i do plan on upgrading my alt next friday when i get paid to a 270 amp alt. my stock alt is 130 amps. was thinking maybe trying to get a bracket made so i could keep stop and have another alt to help out further. and then haveing 2 of these in the back i think i might be good.

u know what was goin on right, stefan?

I thought i was in the chat and i was losin it over here, lmao.. i'm goin to sleep now...

Yeah I get ya, ya drunk. :D

No Offense dude, but I heard about these batteries 4 years ago.

Also, Prices aren't "that" great either. Way you posted in the first few post like they was giving them away. But prices seem close to what the rest are, if you actually search around.(Not going by MSRP).

And also, why can't they be used for starting? This would also mean, these can't be used for SPL either.

Well, let's start with the biggest and work our way on down, shall we?

Woohoo!

253aH 12v 154lbs

20.5" Length

10.55" Width

8.66" Height

Capability-

485A of current CONSTANT for up to 4min, 11.6v maintainable.

643A of current CONSTANT for up to 5min, 11.1v maintainable.

^ that's 7,300w Constant for 5min, 11.1v max drop :)

Price before shipping- $390

Expect price after shipping to be around $500

My question to you all is this-

Shall i continue?

because the prices are only going to go down from here along with performance..

don't drop it lol it would be painful

But seriously, the TR140 batt is only 87lbs and will destroy the XS D3100 in a direct comparison, hands down so weight isn't an issue there.

Only thing is it's 6" longer, other than that, no difference.. except it's cheaper too.

Show us some test results stating your claim!

But seriously, the TR140 batt is only 87lbs and will destroy the XS D3100 in a direct comparison, hands down so weight isn't an issue there.

Only thing is it's 6" longer, other than that, no difference.. except it's cheaper too.

Show us some test results stating your claim!

And if the only difference is the length, assuming the other lengths are the same, of course it's going to perform better. It's a larger battery, it has more components inside to do more work.

i don't have them in front of me.. hehe

But based on their test chart vs XS's test..

The D3100 dropped to 10.9v after 30sec on 500A

the TR140 drops to ~11.45v after 30sec on 450A

And trust me.. adding 50A isn't gonna made any measurable difference at that level.

I am still trying to find a way to get these in my car but like i said, i have very limited space and XS i know will suit me fine.. it's challenging to try and fit these in my car..

ur thinking in the box.

Theres always room to be made.

i also noticed something to with this battery company that may have lost some credibility....

2 things actually-

1- Their cycle life chart compared to Stingers is almost 50% less life!

Tempest 100% dod= ~215 cycles

Stinger 100% dod= 400 cycles

Tempest 50% dod= ~440 cycles

Stinger 50% dod= 800 cycles

and 2-

Why the hell is their 65aH battery have a stronger discharge(can hold higher voltage) then their 70, 75 and 80aH battery?

uhh.. i'm almost tired of calling them about silly stuff like this.

The cycle life alone is enough to make me question their reputation because in my app.. low cycle life is one of the worst choices i can make.

we always have Deka and Superstart..

they go retail pretty much anywhere for ~$220 after taxes and core charges..

I'm just waiting for XS to grab some more batts.. Deka being one of them...

I know the Deka isn't on par with a D3100 but i just wanna see if it beat the other 2 that was originally tested.

In case some of you may not know, Superstart and Deka are both made by East Penn.

Superstart 31T is sold by O Reillys

Deka 9A31 is sold here in there, just have to ask around.

i don't have them in front of me.. hehe

But based on their test chart vs XS's test..

The D3100 dropped to 10.9v after 30sec on 500A

the TR140 drops to ~11.45v after 30sec on 450A

And trust me.. adding 50A isn't gonna made any measurable difference at that level.

I am still trying to find a way to get these in my car but like i said, i have very limited space and XS i know will suit me fine.. it's challenging to try and fit these in my car..

Its hard to say if it will or not.

Without truely testing it.

I would be very interested to see how these compare to XS!

XS Power ftw!

I'll just stick to batteires designed for car use. It may cost a little more, but I think in the end, it will pay for itself.