Sign in to follow this  
mariobjones

Ok So I really need some HELP!!

Im installing 4 super tweets(8-ohm each), 10 cadence mid-high 6.5 (8-ohm each), 4 kicker 8" comps for mid-bass (8-ohm each), and a cadence 5 channel amp. (tweets wont be amp'd)

I have no crossover or processors yet. My question to you guys is, how would I make this work? And what do you guys suggest I buy as far as crossovers and processing?

ALL SPEAKERS ARE GOING IN EACH DOOR. 1 Cadence mid, 1 kicker, and 1 tweet. 6 mids for rear deck.

This is a terrible idea.

No offense at all bro, but you're trying to do wayyyyyyy too much. Just get one bad ass set of comps, or get a 10 (or since you wanna go crazy, 12) for mids and a super tweet in each door.

It seems like you're trying to cover up for weaknesses by adding more, and then to cover up the weaknesses of what you added, you add even more and just get huge mess. If anything, just try to downsize the number of drivers to minimize headache. Instead of the 6.5 and 8 in each door, just get a big ol mid/midbass like the sundowns that just came out.

Why do you think so?

I'm not very intellectual or have firm understandings on sound reproduction and speakers like Imp or M5 does.

But I can say that mixing that many different drivers couldn't possibly sound good, perhaps if you had ungodly processing and some extraordinaire install.

You will end up different drivers overlapping playing the same frequencies, probably having a very non linear response. The tweeters will sound extremely harsh, maybe like bullets? :ughdunno:

The mids in the rear may be useless since they aren't up front and distanced apart.

You would definitely need to go active to try and put this all together. Have fun

Why do you think so?

I'm not very intellectual or have firm understandings on sound reproduction and speakers like Imp or M5 does.

But I can say that mixing that many different drivers couldn't possibly sound good, perhaps if you had ungodly processing and some extraordinaire install.

You will end up different drivers overlapping playing the same frequencies, probably having a very non linear response. The tweeters will sound extremely harsh, maybe like bullets? :ughdunno:

The mids in the rear may be useless since they aren't up front and distanced apart.

You would definitely need to go active to try and put this all together. Have fun

I think he has the frequency separation part down. I just don't think he has any idea how difficult that really is, and he won't see until he's cut holes for everything, bought everything, so on and so forth. So like I said, to minimize headache, just use less drivers.

Why do you think so?

I think he has the frequency separation part down. I just don't think he has any idea how difficult that really is, and he won't see until he's cut holes for everything, bought everything, so on and so forth. So like I said, to minimize headache, just use less drivers.

If he has decent processing then perhaps there won't be any overlapping or dull spots, but different ranges may sound inconsistent.

Either way I'm not an expert, but I think it's safe to say that although my terms or claims may not be spot on, this IS heading in the wrong direction.

Ok, I'll state this once again. Kicker freq. 30-500, I will probably cross at 125, since the cadence mids range from 125-1.5k, and tweets so on. If you guys look at the title of the tread, it says HELP lol I'm very aware of how difficult this will be. And yeah, I will most likely have to run active. And speakers for rear deck won't be useless if I don't listen to BASS all the time. But thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into picking up the Rockford 360 tomorrow, and a couple xovers and I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Ok, I'll state this once again. Kicker freq. 30-500, I will probably cross at 125, since the cadence mids range from 125-1.5k, and tweets so on. If you guys look at the title of the tread, it says HELP lol I'm very aware of how difficult this will be. And yeah, I will most likely have to run active. And speakers for rear deck won't be useless if I don't listen to BASS all the time. But thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into picking up the Rockford 360 tomorrow, and a couple xovers and I'll let you guys know the outcome.

I am not trying to be a dick, :)

But I feel like this could be accomplished better, perhaps with a higher end comp set, and or larger mids.

I would wait for someone that really knows what there doing to chime in before you start buying stuff.

As far as only having mids in the rear deck, have you ever listened to mids by themselves? It sounds awful.

I'm REEEEAAAAALLY not trying to hate on your ideas but I can't visualize this. Not in a good way anyway. Why have a 6.5 and an 8 in the door when you could just have a better 8 or a 10? What we're trying to say is...you can still do what you want to do (have a crazy loud n clear front stage that kicks like no other) but EASIER! Trying to cross 3 different speakers at the right points is very hard. Trying to cram several of those 3 speakers into 4 doors and a deck is even harder. More than likely the sound will just end up on top of itself creating cancellation and odd spots that could've easily been avoided. When you're dealing with sound, 1+1 ins't always 2. (It is, but you know what I mean. More isn't always better, in this case louder.)

Sorry to say but this has got fail written all over it. What's wrong with 1 mid + 1 tweeter per door? I would alter the rear deck to allow for more airflow from the trunk as well. Are you going for some kind of crazy weird show car? Been watching a bunch of South American car audio vids lately? I'm not trying to be an ass here by any means, just trying to understand why you feel the need to have 18 speakers in the cabin.

maybe he saw it on youtube?

I have 1 ONE mid and 1 ONE tweeter in each front door and it keeps up plenty with over 150db on zcons in your face. BTW, my mids are even crossed at 63hz.

As said above there are better ways to go about what you want to do with better results as a sweet little bonus.

Your car, your build, and your money..............good luck.

:fing34:

What lance said is good info... if he has a single Tweeter and single mid in each front door,.. and it keeps up with 4 18" ZCONS, then they should keep up with most anything u can fit in your car. Maybe just copy his front stage. Lol

:sleepwerd4: no need for so many speakers, you must have a wad of cash burning a hole eh?

I also really dont see this working out very well...that is unless you are going more for show than sound but thats kinda goofy.

Your car, your build, and your money..............good luck.

:fing34:

x2

What lance said is good info... if he has a single Tweeter and single mid in each front door,.. and it keeps up with 4 18" ZCONS, then they should keep up with most anything u can fit in your car. Maybe just copy his front stage. Lol

^^This seems like the best path to take.

But anyways good luck with what you choose to do, and maybe post some pics in the build log section. :)

Well once again I'm up for the impossible haha. Just like people said I would be able to fit 2 15 icons in my trunk. But I'll definitely let yall know if they idea has failed on my part. But I will definitely at least try,and it's different. I'm I at fault for wanting to be different, not wanting to COPYING someone else's idea? Well I guess I'm on my on, on this install. And by the way, sub stage is going to be 4 12 inch btl n3's

Well once again I'm up for the impossible haha. Just like people said I would be able to fit 2 15 icons in my trunk. But I'll definitely let yall know if they idea has failed on my part. But I will definitely at least try,and it's different. I'm I at fault for wanting to be different, not wanting to COPYING someone else's idea? Well I guess I'm on my on, on this install. And by the way, sub stage is going to be 4 12 inch btl n3's

No ones stopping you, go for it then...

Good luck! I would love to follow your install....maybe a build log?? :fing34:

Have at it bro !!! We are all tuned in !!! :drink40:

:NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics::NeedPics:

Yes, I will do a build log. And no offense taken by anyone. I love the feedback.

Im not gonna bash your idea bro cause I know where your coming from and I seem to know where you wanna go. You want a mix of midbass with a loud front stage in case you turn your bass off.

I was in the game of 20+ speakers in the car just for mids and highs some years ago, was loud but I also got louder and sounded better with less equipment as well. To help with your goal, having that many speakers will cause more headaches trying to eq and install then buying them personally. Your midbass from your kickers will barely be noticeable with all pro audio gear running (when your subs are off). Your tweets and mids will greatly overpower your mids, there just not sensitive enough to keep up with the mids and highs you will be running. Your best bet will bea to sell the cadence mids, keep the selenium st350 tweeters you were gonna buy or already have. You need to invest in either 2-8's per door or one 10" per door (front and rear doors) with one super tweeter per door. This will be less of a wiring headache, easier on your pockets, cleaner install while being louder and sounding better than what you were planning on doing.

Rear deck speakers will be a waste if you have speakers in front and rear doors since you wont hear them anyway regardless if you have subs playing or not. Pro Audio drivers are loud and adding more doesnt neccessarily make you louder, I tried this with 8 speakers playing. Then lowered the amount to 6 and then down to 4z and so on. Yes you may gain some more output but not like your thinking, you will not just magically be any louder with all those speakers. Eventually it will cause cancellation and you wont hear them all in turn wasting the pontential and money you spent. Im not speaking from what I dont know or havent already experienced myself, im no expert but I been in your shoes before. Hope this helps

Im not gonna bash your idea bro cause I know where your coming from and I seem to know where you wanna go. You want a mix of midbass with a loud front stage in case you turn your bass off.

I was in the game of 20+ speakers in the car just for mids and highs some years ago, was loud but I also got louder and sounded better with less equipment as well. To help with your goal, having that many speakers will cause more headaches trying to eq and install then buying them personally. Your midbass from your kickers will barely be noticeable with all pro audio gear running (when your subs are off). Your tweets and mids will greatly overpower your mids, there just not sensitive enough to keep up with the mids and highs you will be running. Your best bet will bea to sell the cadence mids, keep the selenium st350 tweeters you were gonna buy or already have. You need to invest in either 2-8's per door or one 10" per door (front and rear doors) with one super tweeter per door. This will be less of a wiring headache, easier on your pockets, cleaner install while being louder and sounding better than what you were planning on doing.

Rear deck speakers will be a waste if you have speakers in front and rear doors since you wont hear them anyway regardless if you have subs playing or not. Pro Audio drivers are loud and adding more doesnt neccessarily make you louder, I tried this with 8 speakers playing. Then lowered the amount to 6 and then down to 4z and so on. Yes you may gain some more output but not like your thinking, you will not just magically be any louder with all those speakers. Eventually it will cause cancellation and you wont hear them all in turn wasting the pontential and money you spent. Im not speaking from what I dont know or havent already experienced myself, im no expert but I been in your shoes before. Hope this helps

That was beautiful man. That's what I would have liked to hear from the rest. You have my respect man. But since I have most of the equipment, I'll still try it, and your absolutely right, the cadence sensitivity are much higher than the kickers, I thought about a way I'd run those separately, and gain match them with other mids. Rear deck is mainly for show, since I got speakers for bargain. But if all fails, Ill definitely be hitting you up with questions and ideas you may have for suggestion. Thanks again

Also I know Grand Prix's have big trunks, but I would utilize more of my backseat are for those 4-12"s your gonna wanna use. Putting that much power to subs in trunk without it being sealed off and firing forward will be a waste. All that pressure will not escape that trunk area in time. I would to find away to use that rear deck and back seat area to make an efficient box so you can get the most from your system. Its not about the equipment, its all about the install. Sure equipment plays a role but if you dont give it the proper install it wont perform to optimal or full potential. Just a thought to help you slow down and think, being loud is not about buying and placing all the equipment you can. 3-12"s wiill be louder and sound better with the right amount of airspace to perform in the 4-12"s cramped.