superman814

whats a good program to download music?

i tryed frostwire, im my opinion it sucked, it showed very few song selections and the rest were all spam, i tried bearshare, the selection is amazing, but most of the songs are all in wma format, and i need mp3 only to transfer to itunes..so what is another good program to use please?

Edited by superman814

frostwire always works great for me..

otherwise, there are share sites all over the place. i've found a couple of good ones over the years, but at the moment i cant remember any of the links. i'll see if i can find any of them again.

This is illegal, Reported!

Just screwing with ya, I don't know the rules. But I don't use any P2P software, actually don't use any software except a browser.

Really can't tell you... Because of this:

News about COICA

There are renewed efforts by senator Leahy to reintroduce the COICA bill this year, which will allow to censor on demand any website the entertainment industry of the United States dislike. Practices like this are common in countries like Iran or China, the difference here is that the site they choose to target will be censored in the whole world.

Torrent Finder Domain Seizure

From their site: On Thursday, the 25th of November 2010, the Torrent Finder domain ( www.torrent-finder.com ), registered with Godaddy, was seized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) without any prior takedown notice or specific allegations of infringing activity. The Domain IP was suddenly changed without the registrar's knowledge and the system displayed a "Pending Registry Action" message on the domain's status. No contact was given until Wednesday, the 1st of December, when Godaddy replied to my inquiries, giving a contact for an ICE agent. On Thursday, the 2nd of December, David Snead who is representing Torrent Finder contacted the ICE agent in charge who told him that "the orders are under seal, but that the seal will be lifted today or tomorrow". However, we have not heard from them until writing this post. Another email from Godaddy clarified that the action was taken by VeriSign: "please understand that these actions were taken by Verisign at the Registry level; and not by Go Daddy". The story was first reported on TorrentFreak and NYTimes.com.

COICA

November 12, Update:

The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a markup Nov. 18 on S. 3804, Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act.

Remember to contact your representatives to let them know your opinion on the proposed bill. To find out who are the senators on your state and their contact information, you can visit the U.S. Senate website, by clicking here

In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee this Thursday.

If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US.

Please see the following article from the Huffington Post for more information.

Stop the Internet Blacklist

And if you are a US citizen, please take the time to sign this petition

DemandProgress.org - Petition to Stop the Internet Blacklist!

Update: Also for US citizens, you can email your Senator from the following link and tell him or her your concerns about this bill

Tell Your Senator: No Website Blacklists, No Internet Censorship!

Update, from EFF's website: the Senate Judiciary Committee postponed the scheduled markup of the Internet censorship bill — a fantastic outcome, given that the entertainment industry and their allies in Congress had hoped this bill would be quickly approved before the Senators went home for the October recess. Massive thanks to all who used the EFF Action Center to write to your Senators to oppose this bill.

p.gifp.gif

I get all my music from Amazon. If you think that it's too much money, just set a limit for yourself. Spend 10 dollars a paycheck or something.

I used to get music from limewire and all, but realized how poor the quality was and how nice it is when i spend a dollar to get it, there is no way i'm going back.

I get all my music from Amazon. If you think that it's too much money, just set a limit for yourself. Spend 10 dollars a paycheck or something.

I used to get music from limewire and all, but realized how poor the quality was and how nice it is when i spend a dollar to get it, there is no way i'm going back.

Same here Amazon and iTunes. I don't mind paying for the better quality. I try and check with friends to see if they have what I want.

Just screwing with ya, I don't know the rules. But I don't use any P2P software, actually don't use any software except a browser.

Well dont you need 7zip to uncompress rar files? Which is the typical format for what im assuming you use

Same here Amazon and iTunes. I don't mind paying for the better quality. I try and check with friends to see if they have what I want.

Just check the quality of the music before downloading :ughdunno:

Its what I do. No download has the same quality as a CD, its like, 1/8 of of the original. Theres a thread about MP3's on here, just take a look.

Well dont you need 7zip to uncompress rar files? Which is the typical format for what im assuming you use

Or winrar. But I already use the apps for work. Both are simple and free.

I use to buy everything through Itunes, but after having to reformat my computer too many times, Apple decided I needed to buy all my music back again...

Its what I do. No download has the same quality as a CD, its like, 1/8 of of the original. Theres a thread about MP3's on here, just take a look.

I thought that was the point of iTunes. Its not mp3s its AAC format and retains better quality.

(whisper) ....most torrented albums are 320kbps.......... :D

If you're interested in Dubstep by any chance, I highly recommend Dub-Level.com

Killer dubstep uploaded daily!

A lot of music I've downloaded from various dub artists for free, or from http://rcrdlbl.com/ all legal

I thought that was the point of iTunes. Its not mp3s its AAC format and retains better quality.

Valuable information here for you sir.

Or winrar. But I already use the apps for work. Both are simple and free.

I use to buy everything through Itunes, but after having to reformat my computer too many times, Apple decided I needed to buy all my music back again...

I havent personally tried winrar but I havent used a PC in a long time either. I use stuffit expander now. To the op I wouldnt mess with torrents for music personally unless its like a discography or something. Just use google and find the albums you want on different file hosting sites

OMG thank youuuuuuuuuu :dancing:

I heart Filth.FM

Edited by Sencheezy

I heart Filth.FM

You're :WELCOME:

I heart Filth.FM

You're :WELCOME:

yes, 320kbps FTW

Yeah I have read that over a few times.

If i remember right the difference between mp3 and aac is that aacs are compressed as well but can retain the same quality at a smaller size. Both are compressed so will loose some quality...some ppl can hear it some cant

http://www.soundsolu...system-choices/

WOW!! Why did you change your pic??? Its hard to recognize you lol, I didn't know who I was talking to lol My bad. But yea, that article makes me believe that no download will have the same quality compared to a CD/DVD. You can try to get close or closer to cd quality then other downloads but, I think 320kbps is good enough for MY standards.

WOW!! Why did you change your pic??? Its hard to recognize you lol, I didn't know who I was talking to lol My bad. But yea, that article makes me believe that no download will have the same quality compared to a CD/DVD. You can try to get close or closer to cd quality then other downloads but, I think 320kbps is good enough for MY standards.

I thought I would update it. Its all good. Thats my understanding also. CD is better than any download. 320kbps is definitely good enough for me also. I haven't heard enough about AAC format to be able to tell how it compares to mp3 format.

If i remember right the difference between mp3 and aac is that aacs are compressed as well but can retain the same quality at a smaller size. Both are compressed so will loose some quality...some ppl can hear it some cant

The ONLY reason I will buy a cd/music, would be for two reasons, A: If I feel the artist is good enough to support, B: If I need that missing sound quality and I have the equipment to tell the difference. For example, I DID buy some CDs when I had a decent system, I now don't have a system. Also, I DID buy THE Carter 3 after I had already downloaded it 2 weeks before it was available. Reason being I enjoyed the CD, and I had a decent system. Thats just my .02

There are lossless formats that itunes supports when you rip songs from a cd you have to your computer. In that case you can have music on your ipod with "cd quality". I also buy CD's if its an artist I like enough. I never pay for music I download IMO if im going to pay for it I want the physical cd for the quality and I just like having it on disc

There are lossless formats that itunes supports when you rip songs from a cd you have to your computer. In that case you can have music on your ipod with "cd quality". I also buy CD's if its an artist I like enough. I never pay for music I download IMO if im going to pay for it I want the physical cd for the quality and I just like having it on disc

I'd like to beg differ. Whenever you are moving Object A to Object B, something is lost, no matter what. There are lossless formats out there, but I think, just my opinion, there is no 100% lossless technique that is practiced in any ordinary home.