mariobjones

Kicker Comps in door

Ok, so I did some thinking, and I think I'm going to go with you guy's opinion and just do a big mid an a tweeter. Decided to do 4 kicker comp 10s in each door, along with super tweets. Picking up my woofers tomorrow after I get off (8am) UPS Worker!!

Found a nice deal on Best Buy. Good Buy On Subs

Who told you this was a good idea?

You are going to run a 10" driver designed to be a subwoofer up high enough in frequency to mate with a supertweeter?

What is the Le of the driver?

Using a subwoofer will not work as a midrange driver. There are 10" pro audio (or pro audio like) midrange drivers available but the Kicker comp isnt one of them.

Also four 10" subwoofers in one door is unrealistic. It will be very very difficult if not impossible to build optimal enclosure volumes for four 10" subwoofers in a door.

I am eager to hear your response.

1 in each door. and we'll see. I'm doing the install tomorrow. Thread Closed!!

Yeah whoever said this was a good idea is wrong.

either that or he misunderstood the guidance.

Point us to the thread that gave u the idea of doing this

You do realize we're trying to help you, right? There are much better options to achieving your goals. But if you would rather go about it entirely the wrong way, good luck with that.

You do realize we're trying to help you, right? There are much better options to achieving your goals. But if you would rather go about it entirely the wrong way, good luck with that.

This is from the other day:

He likes to ask for advice, ignore it, and do what he thinks best. :ughdunno:

In his defense, it sounds like he tried to take the advice.....he is reducing the # of speakers he plans to use. He just didn't formulate a very good plan to follow from there.

yea, his install design may be in the right direction but his equipment choices are way off again...

Let me call Kryptonite white, he'll know what to do!

Just stick with the kicker comps for the time being, if it doesn't seem as if you have enough bass then you might want to look into some 8" speakers for midbass.

um, negative...

He wants to use them as midRANGE, not midBASS..

If we are understanding his intentions properly.. he wants to use comps as a filler so his audible range can transition from sub to tweeter... lol.. car subs are not going to do it...

Woofers will work.. but not sub woofers.

Damn i was under the impression he was going to use a 6.5" comp set and adding a 10" to it.

Hmmmm, very perplexing indeed.

Ouch. DON'T pick up those Comps tomorrow and move forward with that plan.

yikes.. glad he asked for opinions... some people are just dead set on learning things the hard way :ughdunno:

Pure fail is all I can say!

I wanna see pics! What year is your Grand Prix!?!?

I don't understand how it went from a crap ton of drivers to subs and tweeters. If you start simple, start with tweeters and mids. Preferably having mids that can play low enough to get by that way. What you currently have proposed will not play most of the audio spectrum. You are going to get the bottom couple octaves and top few and that's it. Most music is in between those ranges.

Ok, well I'm working on it tomorrow, and I'll just let you all know. End this thread. Ill start a new build log tomorrow thanks for the input.

Nooooes! Kicker comps aren't midssssss....

I meant a big ass midRANGE! You're putting subs in your door...

well.. at this rate, i guess i'm gonna build a 4th order wall with 120 tweeters.. Hopefully, just hopefully i may be able to do a 100db @100hz on the meter..

Can everyone that's reading this tread, read my previous thread!! This is ridiculous, I firstly wanted to do a full range meaning lows, mids, and highs in door, and everyone was like that's gonna be difficult, and it's best to just do 1 ONE "ONE* big speaker with a tweet in door. I'm just going to go through with my first idea. I still have it all planned out and that seems to work. And I fully understand what you all are saying. If I did do the kicker comp it's just 30hz to 500hz, then skips to 3k and up. That's why I firstly said I was going to run run an mid-high driver along with the set-up. I'll send you updates on what I decide to do tomorrow. I may go an entirely different route. Just was wanting to try something a bit different.

I wanna see pics! What year is your Grand Prix!?!?

It's a 02 40th anniversary with upgrades under the hood. Looking to get a newer paint job also. Gonna keep the same color. Candy burgundy over black.

since u are still here.. LET ME POST THIS as a last resort..

www.partsexpress.com

Go to pro audio, choose a size and read...

Stay on there for a while.. then come back and beg for mercy, hehe.

Can everyone that's reading this tread, read my previous thread!! This is ridiculous, I firstly wanted to do a full range meaning lows, mids, and highs in door, and everyone was like that's gonna be difficult, and it's best to just do 1 ONE "ONE* big speaker with a tweet in door. I'm just going to go through with my first idea. I still have it all planned out and that seems to work. And I fully understand what you all are saying. If I did do the kicker comp it's just 30hz to 500hz, then skips to 3k and up. That's why I firstly said I was going to run run an mid-high driver along with the set-up. I'll send you updates on what I decide to do tomorrow. I may go an entirely different route. Just was wanting to try something a bit different.

I totally understand. I love bigass mids/highs systems with like 8 mids and giant bullet tweeters that get stupid loud. I just hate to see someone spend a whole shit ton of money and put a whole lotta effort and time into something that is limited by equipment. (For example, you could have a stellar install and those kicker comps would still only play up to 500hz, if that. See what I mean?) Why not do two mids and a supertweet for each door. Two beefy mids will dig deep since they'll be able to help each other making it where you can cross lower. If you still wanna do a 10 and supertweet then I would look into Parts Express like Shizzz said, or hit up Sundown and try the new Neo Pro's.