mwoehr

From dcons 12s to SA-12s

Hello everyone! I hope my question isn't a stupid one lol. I know a things or 2 about car audio but aren't an expert or a box builder. I currently have 2 SSA dcon 12s in 1.75 cubes each tuned to 33hz powered by a Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP. A local shop built the box according to the box recommendations on SSA's site and it sounds pretty good and gets loud for just 500 watts. I can tell from how it sounds like the box was properly built. What I'm wondering is if a pair of SA-12s would be able to use the same box. The recommended specs for the SA-12s is 1.75 cubes per sub. If they could I'd like to get either a Sundown SAZ-1500D V.2 or save money and get an Audioque AQ1200D if that would be a good amount of power. Let me know what you guys think.

Sounds good to me. If money allows it, get the Sundown over the AQ.

Hello everyone! I hope my question isn't a stupid one lol. I know a things or 2 about car audio but aren't an expert or a box builder. I currently have 2 SSA dcon 12s in 1.75 cubes each tuned to 33hz powered by a Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP. A local shop built the box according to the box recommendations on SSA's site and it sounds pretty good and gets loud for just 500 watts. I can tell from how it sounds like the box was properly built. What I'm wondering is if a pair of SA-12s would be able to use the same box. The recommended specs for the SA-12s is 1.75 cubes per sub. If they could I'd like to get either a Sundown SAZ-1500D V.2 or save money and get an Audioque AQ1200D if that would be a good amount of power. Let me know what you guys think.

yea that box will work and get the sundown puts out more power

Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback. The dcons drop nice and low in the box I have. I could imagine how hard the SA-12s are gonna pound in this box with the Sundown 1500 watts on em.