Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Zed Audio Minotaur

Back to business....

First off... Thought the prices might be slightly better than what they are on theGROUP BUY.... but a discount is a discount...

So here is the situation...

I can get 1 of these 3 amplifiers possibly since I have been given deals which make them the same price...:

ZED Audio Minotaur: 500w @ 4ohm ; 1000w @ 2ohm

Alpine PDX-M12: 1200w @ 4ohm ; 1200w @ 2ohm

Rockford T1500bdCP: 1000w @ 4ohm ; 1500w @ 2ohm

Guys help me pick?? Pluses and minuses in your opinions PLEASE!! I want to get a feel for maybe something I might be missing on one amplifier versus the other... :suicide-santa:

All are nice amps. If I had to pick it would be the Zed. What is important to you in an amplifier?

I'm working with 500w right now... We'll see how the output is on that when I get my enclosure Wed next week. I really care about the cleanliness of output and efficiency... Reason why I was really happy it was Dual 1Ohm was the fact that I don't have to run the amplifier at 1Ohm and could still get some serious output out of an amplifier...

I'm working with 500w right now... We'll see how the output is on that when I get my enclosure Wed next week. I really care about the cleanliness of output and efficiency... Reason why I was really happy it was Dual 1Ohm was the fact that I don't have to run the amplifier at 1Ohm and could still get some serious output out of an amplifier...but pay more.

You are going to at least double the power either way so that point doesn't matter. They all "look" nice but the Zed looks the coolest in my opinion. Which way are you leaning?

The ZED, hence the thread about the ZED....

Another amplifier to throw in the mix though is the JBL GTO14001 .... 1500w @ 2oHm.... about $400-$450 ...

RF imo

WHY?????

Not many run them that i know of

they're a lil underrated power wise

Then again, not many run the zed either :suicide-santa:

Yea, and the ZED has alot more crossover wise...

Yea, and the ZED has alot more crossover wise...

This is why you should get the Zed, 48db/oct on the infrasonic is sick. Also if you ever wanted to run a high powered front stage get another, they are able to go full range.

^^hm... I'd never do that ... but nice to know... I think that even with 1000w being max output I'd be happy, I know my JL 500/1 was doing well with my 12" Icon ... So I can imagine the quality with a 15" XCON on the same power and then going almost double with the ZED would be hott shit... :morepower1:

Is the Sundown 1500d on this list? I had two 1500s strapped on two Xcons and was very impressed.

No it isn't ... Rated power for 1500w is at 1ohm... I'm running 2ohms.... It could've been if it had more output at 2ohms .... :morepower1:

No it isn't ... Rated power for 1500w is at 1ohm... I'm running 2ohms.... It could've been if it had more output at 2ohms .... :morepower1:

Duh :Doh:

Get the RF ! :morepower1: for the xcon ! You NEED that power to make your Xcon shine in its sealed box. Even in a ported one !!!

Same budget as the Zed? The RF is a very good amp, just get an external ssf (at parts-express for example), if you worry about it.

The Zed looks cool, but you don't really need all those eq knoob, and all those options. You just need some good power and that's it !

:morepower1::morepower1::morepower1:

:peepwall:

Get the RF ! :morepower1: for the xcon ! You NEED that power to make your Xcon shine in its sealed box. Even in a ported one !!!

Same budget as the Zed? The RF is a very good amp, just get an external ssf (at parts-express for example), if you worry about it.

The Zed looks cool, but you don't really need all those eq knoob, and all those options. You just need some good power and that's it !

:morepower1::morepower1::morepower1:

:peepwall:

really??? I'm fucking on the fence, and not one of the white picket fences... I'm talking barbed-wire and high voltage links.... WTF to do!!!

You know what to do. GET THE ZED

lol... who needs my amp so badly Sean??? lol ..

:peepwall: I am all set for my vehicle but I know someone who wants it. If I didn't get such a good deal on my Sundown amps I would have picked up the Zed Dreadnought. Minotaur + RA= :ghost:

Get the Zed. The SQ will more than make up the SMALL shortcoming in power compared to your other choices. I am currently running a Kronos and this amp has much better control than my previous set ups. I just purchased a RA and will be ordering a Minotaur for my other car. Love these amps!