haydenlake

Has anyone bought an RLS?

I would guess that if anyone from this forum actually bought an RLS we would see a post about it.

And did anyone in the ring even try the normal recs for the enclosure. I remember people just throwing it in ported boxes they already had. If this is the case then most of us really don't know what it would sound like.

600 burning in my hand

Hehe, from the horse's mouth indeed the RL-s has been off to a very slow start. I imagine that since it is tailored more towards the home theater audience and the fact that most of the people on the boards that popularize my products are into car audio is playing apart - not to mention the fact that it needs a pretty hefty amount of power at a relatively high impedance (which is often expensive), the sticker price is comparatively high compared to anything else I offer, combined with the fact that it is new and relatively unknown, make people a little uneasy to take the plunge. Also realize that I don't really do any advertising (save for a single banner on realmofexcursion.com), therefore I haven't even promoted the new product and the vast majority of my sales come from word of mouth. With a new product, there's really not much word of mouth to go around tongue2.gif

What can I say, I'm a simple and patient man - I wait for the people to come to me :bigok:

There certainly are some out there - and there were even a couple reviews on caraudio.com soon after their release. I may as well take this time to note (as I have already informed everyone who has inquired personally) that the RL-s15 is not and has not been shipping. Reason being is that we found a fatal manufacturing flaw in the internal construction that has led to an incredibly high rate of failure. Thankfully only four people had snagged the 15's by the time I realized what was happening, and all of them have either exchanged for other products or received a refund. Therefore, until we can figure out what the hell is going on, and be confident enough in the solution to the problem, the 15" RL-s will not be shipping since we will have to rip apart and rebuild the entire current inventory first.

:nopity:

On that note, the 12" RL-s has exhibited ZERO failures thus far, and I have those bad boys ready to roll out. My apologies if you had your heart set on the 15" - but hey, better than getting a speaker and then have it start to buzz on ya after a week of play time, eh? :ugh2:

Quality control to the max! :ghost:

600 bucks = 2 rl-p 15's :fing34:

hayden, I would reccomend the dual RL-p idea, RL-s need a ton of space, and like Mike said they are more for Home theatre, and dual RL-ps will have greater output than a single RL-s and require less space and less power,

love my RL-p

Hayden,

I'm fixing to hit my dual 15" RL-P's with dual amps for a total of 2800 watts next weekend. Watch my thread to see my results, or put your ear to the ground at 9:15 p.m. Friday the 16th, Central Standard Time and listen for them....:peepwall:

Mike Cason

mfishmike

Edited by mfishmike

15" RL-s will not be shipping since we will have to rip apart and rebuild the entire current inventory first.

now that sucks,

your not alone mike, i once sanded and stained the hardwood floors in a whole house (5 rooms) and the client didnt like the color? had to re sand em all :poop:

whats inside that rl-s that might buzz??

Similar to one of the eD fiascos.  The difference is Mike knows how to handle his business!  Didn't leave a single customer hanging!

yup mike is definately the best customer service i have ever experienced anywhere. mike if you continue being such an excellent communicator you will have great sucsess as it seems no other manufacturers really care. i will be buying from you again.pair of 8s i think?

Reason being is that we found a fatal manufacturing flaw in the internal construction that has led to an incredibly high rate of failure.

You mean you found a flaw, and actually spent some money in order to make your customers happy and fixeD it?

What a concept.

Reason being is that we found a fatal manufacturing flaw in the internal construction that has led to an incredibly high rate of failure.

You mean you found a flaw, and actually spent some money in order to make your customers happy and fixeD it?

What a concept.

:runlaugh:

also mike, would you mind like parting with one of the "defective ones" ? hehe

The RL-s15's are shipping. We're taking a precautionary measure by opening up and implementing the internal fix on the 12's as well, so those should be patched up and ready to roll next month. flakko, all the defective 15's have been repaired, and the 12's are already back awaiting repair so no, you can't have a defective one! ;)

The RL-s15's are shipping.

Mike,

I have just made my complete 7.1 home theater system available for 20K including the 65" TV, the Soundsplinter sub, all speakers and all my electronics. I just placed the sales information on the Home Theater forum listed at your Soundsplinter website.

I'm ready for a new challenge, so I will probably be ordering one of your RL-s soon. I've got the R & D down for my mains, so my next project should go a bit easier. :P

Mike

Edited by mfishmike

These subs suck.

I am going to stick with my Funky pup 15's FTW.

:tehe:

lol i know this is an old thread.

i just like to say i don't think i can use any other subs after hearing my rl-s. its in a 3 cuft sealed with 1200+wrms.

That is good to hear.

Mike,

I've taken my system off of the market. Too hard to replace what I have for the money I was asking.

My wife just blew both drivers with Jurassic Park 2. I had the gains on both amps set on full 1450 watts and wasn't in the room when she switched movies. As soon as I heard it, I shut down the gains but it was too late.

I just ordered one of the RLS-15's and will replace the top driver with it and leave the bottom driver in. I'll just disconnect the wiring and let it act as a passive radiator along with the other 4 I have in the sides.

Bottom line, don't over amp your sub unless you are the only one with the controls. I enjoyed the benefits of having more power than necessary, but one mistake can be costly like this one.

Mike

yeah the low on this thing is amazing. i can't wait til i get my indash dvd so i can watch some movies with this thing in the car. lol.

yeah the low on this thing is amazing. i can't wait til i get my indash dvd so i can watch some movies with this thing in the car. lol.

Has anyone in this forum used the RL-S in a home theater sub yet? All I read which is limited, is for car audio applications......looking for some feedback before I spend the big bucks..... :bandwagon2:

I just ordered one of the RLS-15's and will replace the top driver with it and leave the bottom driver in. I'll just disconnect the wiring and let it act as a passive radiator along with the other 4 I have in the sides.
Doing this will raise the tuning frequency since you now have more PR surface area. It's the same as adding a port. Remove the driver and replace it with an MDF disc of the same size. Just temporarily bolt it in.

-Robert