haydenlake

Has anyone bought an RLS?

Doing this will raise the tuning frequency since you now have more PR surface area. It's the same as adding a port. Remove the driver and replace it with an MDF disc of the same size. Just temporarily bolt it in.

-Robert

Thanks Robert,

Good thought......

It's been a while since I've built this one and I forgot about those numbers....

Robert,

What do you think about having a pair of these monster 15" RLS in place of the RLP's?

I'll install a divider between the top half of the cabinet and the lower half.

That will give me two passive radiators per driver and I can still use the cabinet as is and I have two separate amps driving each driver.

The cu. ft. of each cabinet will be around 2.25 to 3 per half.

Thanx in advance....

Robert,

What do you think about having a pair of these monster 15" RLS in place of the RLP's?

I'll install a divider between the top half of the cabinet and the lower half.

That will give me two passive radiators per driver and I can still use the cabinet as is and I have two separate amps driving each driver.

The cu. ft. of each cabinet will be around 2.25 to 3 per half.

Thanx in advance....

God I am jealous already

i'm very curious about how well the rl-s performs on music...

wouldn't mind a 12 replacing my rl-i 10 :D

i'm very curious about how well the rl-s performs on music...

wouldn't mind a 12 replacing my rl-i 10 :D

I thought the Q was too high at .9 for the RLS with the passive radiators. I just heard back from Mike and he agreed. I'm going to replace the RLP's with the same drivers. I'm thinking about replacing the wife, but I think it would be easier to just keep the gains down and it will be a whole lot cheaper than replacing her!

This sub sounds so clean with the RLP's.

I've decided to build a custom cabinet for the RLS now that my electrical truck restoration project is over and I have my shop back. Kids just have to have something to do, at any age!

lol.

i will be buying another rl-s soon. i will attempt to fit a 5-6cuft box in the trunk of my honda accord. if it doesn't then i am using one for my home theater. the amp to power this for home is going to be expensive though.

Why is it that some claim the rl-s would be more geared towards home theater than car use? I don't think the box requirements are that large for the 12", power requirements though, might be another matter.