Sign in to follow this  
lildragon45

Can I and should I port this box for more output?

Hi I am trying to get more output from my coworker's car. He currently has a 04 F150 SuperCrew and is running 1 10" Cadence Mallet II 2ohms / Cadence Z1000 amp / Pioneer p4200ub. It currently sound nice but not enough bass at all. I am thinking about porting the box but don't where to start and what I should have it tuned to. Would this be a good idea to do?

I currently have (2) RE SE 10's and have my 2.7cu box ported at 33hz and he likes the way it sounds with the low bass rolling. I don't know with his smaller box and the Cadence sub can do...

Here are some specs on the box in his setup.

Subwoofer fires down

Box fits on driver's side under rear seat

5/8 inch MDF

Air Space = .55 cubic foot

Mounting Depth = 5.25 inches

Here's the site...

Cadence Mallet II 10 2ohms

Thanks for any input or suggestions...

You want to port the sealed box?? Just build a new one. That's not enough air space. Get your workable dimensions and go from there.

You definitely don't have enough space to port that box. Build/buy a new box with more airspace.

You definitely don't have enough space to port that box. Build/buy a new box with more airspace.

Yeah i'm just going to let him decide. That box fits exactly under the rear seat. So after looking at everything the box is too small, it's only .55 and the sub min is .67 plus factoring in the sub diisplacement. So i'm going to suggest a low profile sub like the mb quart one that needs .5cu so it should be perfect.

So just as a general question for a sealed box would the size difference between .5 and .67cu make a big difference in sound output?

i doubt it, highly.

I don't think it would make a huge difference. How about getting something like an sa-8 and building a nice ported box for it?