Mac N Cheese

Mac's GTI build

Edit. Didn't make sense to repost pics. But yeah I like it the way he has it with the back blacked out.

Damn I pad made me thumbs down on one of the pic post. Mybad

Edited by Fearz

there is no way he could do that... you must not have a big boy system in your ride. cause our shit is weighed the fuck down lol

I was just messing around personally that's a little much for me. I need a daily driver and live in the city. That's why I have a suv :fing34:

Thanks for the comments guys. As far as exterior mods I think i am done for awhile, still trying to keep it low key. Forgot to mention I did add another XS d3100 in the back rearwell. So far that is two back there. As for the DC alt it will be going in tomorrow. So stay tuned for pics of that.

I was actually getting jealous from watching this then I remember (Hey I have one outside LOL) Na but good shit bro this thing looks amazing never took time to go check out your whole build log just did :fing34:

Just installed the DC XP 320 and man must I say it could not have fit better. VW golf alts are not to hard to get to but had to remove a couple hoses and work around some things. Overall I can honestly say I am glad I didnt go with another company. Yeah there CS sucks but there products MAKE it well fucking worth it. At full tilt i dont drop below 13.3 volts and thats with only 2 XS D3100s. This alt is an absolute BEAST. As long as DC is still in business I will never go with another company..

Heres some pics of a side by side comparison, I didnt get any pics of it in the engine bay because it would be hard to see.

But overall 5 stars to DC Engineering, everything bolted/plugged right up. Going to have to get some videos soon.

I would have to say it does start to get violent now..

gallery_7108_571_775143.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1243302.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1196900.jpg

gallery_7108_571_889355.jpg

gallery_7108_571_250663.jpg

nice dude! i hope its slamming now

Where do you have your mids crossed at and how are your speakers performing off the nendo amp? I'm thinking of putting my sundown neo 8"s in the house and using some of these O2 speakers in the car. I recommended them to hove but never heard them myself.

Where do you have your mids crossed at and how are your speakers performing off the nendo amp? I'm thinking of putting my sundown neo 8"s in the house and using some of these O2 speakers in the car. I recommended them to hove but never heard them myself.

I have them crossed at 80Hz. What people don"t know is I am actually powering a set of Selenium 6w4p in the kickpanels (Q logic). Never got around of getting pics of those, but for the amp I am loving the power it provides to my highs. Wish they didnt sell out of them or else I would pick up another.

I would love to hear your review on those Neo 8s, I myself was looking into the 6.5s.. well when they come out this spring.

Yeah I heard good things about those 4 channel nendo amps but suppposedly the new one's will be better. What made you decide to get add the seleniums, did they make a difference in sound compared to the O2 audio mids.

Yeah I heard good things about those 4 channel nendo amps but suppposedly the new one's will be better. What made you decide to get add the seleniums, did they make a difference in sound compared to the O2 audio mids.

For the price I thought I would give them a try. I was looking into getting a little more midbass without swapping out the Oxygens. It was either the Seleniums or the Sundown Neos and at that time they didnt have a release date.

Another reason why I added them was because I was having issues with the Selenium St200s in the kickpanels.. One of them kept cutting in and out. Did some reading on the 6wp4, and for the price they looked like a good buy. I have them currently running at 8 ohms and very pleased. Still have much testing to do with them..

get some new vids! :D

get some new vids! :D

Would love to but the woofers are out. :ehh:

Was thinking about selling the XLs and now decided i am going to keep them and try and put them in a 4th order. If not then a smaller wall, currently I have the shell still intact and will be using it. I am going to be adding more support along the top of the wall with 2x4s inbetween the top wall and roof. It will make it a tight fit and seal it up rather good.

But I could use some help, I am deciding whether or not next spring to get my rims powercoated black.

Heres a pic of a set: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/176/dsc6012m.jpg

Overall, I think it would make it stealthy.. can't decide whether it is too much or not. Here is a pic of my car.

gallery_7108_571_185521.jpg

Any opinions would help

thanks!

I think it looks good the way it is, and I'm normally not a big fan of black/colored wheels. That blacked out veedub looks bad ass though. This would be a tough decision for me. I say leave 'em alone if you want to appear inconspicuous. If you don't care or want to stand out, black looks awesome and will really set that gti off imo.

Update your photos if the front stage boy! And I say leave the rims. They look hawt as is!

I'm torn bro......both options would look really good to me :ughdunno: I think Ohjay has the best advice thus far though.

would look sexy with the black rims!!! DO IT :D

I am going to get them powdercoated this spring.

As for an update... along the top of my wall was JUST spray foam, I managed to rip it out and run 2x4s all the way back for a tight fit. And then used a 1/4 can of foam for the rest. It is completely sealed off now.

gallery_7108_571_848746.jpg

gallery_7108_571_921974.jpg

gallery_7108_571_529182.jpg

gallery_7108_571_101433.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1018539.jpg

And now it looks like this.

gallery_7108_571_210948.jpg

gallery_7108_571_748672.jpg

gallery_7108_571_973961.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1010065.jpg

gallery_7108_571_657276.jpg

Thats all for now. I offically sold my DC XLs :ehh:

More cone area is in the future though..

stay tuned.

Looking good MAC!! :fing34:

Looking good MAC!! :fing34:

Thanks, I am sad the woofers are gone.. didn't even really see there full potential but we will make something happen soon.

:popcorn: waiting for info on new woofs.

Hah yeah I do change it up quite a bit.. The next build is going to include the same Shell but a bit different design. I am going to keep the woofers a secret.. All I can say it will be same power but more cone area.

Stay tuned, most likely not order the woofers for a couple more weeks.

Hah yeah I do change it up quite a bit.. The next build is going to include the same Shell but a bit different design. I am going to keep the woofers a secret.. All I can say it will be same power but more cone area.

Stay tuned, most likely not order the woofers for a couple more weeks.

I have a good idea on new woofers.. :peepwall: