Mac N Cheese

Mac's GTI build

Nice!! I am in the process of getting a GTI myself and planning on throwing a pair of 10s into it. Take lots of pics so I can take some notes and/or borrow ideas from you! ;)

As of right now i deadened the hatch and ran 2 runs of 1/0 to the trunk.

Were's all the pics of that???

Extremely clean ride!!! Very nice base for your project!

There will be alot more pics later on today after work. Picked up a XS D3100 from Hove yesterday...wow never seen one of those before and I have to say the weight comparison between that and a Kinetik 2400 isnt even close.

hmm... you must be one of those pencil lifting types right Mac???lmfao... its only 5lbs... :ughdunno:

lol

So I got quite a bit done so far. Today I deadened the doors only to find out they are mostly deadened already. Oh well, I still had to do the inner door panel. Ran into an issue with the power wire ran under the car so thats been stripped and will be ran through the vehicle soon.

I find the D3100 much easier in attaching terminals because of the size of the screw compared to Kinetiks. I could fit up to 6 terminals on each post of the XS..

Today I had an appt. for the front windows to be tinted. 5% and WOW they are dark!

Also I built up my box today 3 inches so I can slide my Crescendo under when it arrives.

On with pics..

gallery_7108_571_358453.jpg

gallery_7108_571_292366.jpg

gallery_7108_571_488912.jpg

gallery_7108_571_64085.jpg

gallery_7108_571_494955.jpg

gallery_7108_571_84423.jpg

What a mess..

gallery_7108_571_527427.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1035332.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1217147.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1185555.jpg

gallery_7108_571_479885.jpg

gallery_7108_571_722828.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1010630.jpg

gallery_7108_571_561551.jpg

gallery_7108_571_371236.jpg

5% for front windows

gallery_7108_571_155177.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1411051.jpg

gallery_7108_571_830710.jpg

Damn that looks great Mac... Aren't you worried about tickets for window tint??? :suicide-santa:

These cars are really growing on me. I'm jealous of your car collection :peepwall:

Keep up the progress!

Damn that looks great Mac... Aren't you worried about tickets for window tint??? :suicide-santa:

Kinda. I mean ive had 15% with no issues. I knew it was going to be dark but not like how it is. :captain:

Thinking about doing tints once I get this car repaired for damages incurred by a family member... Door might get replaced which kinda sucks since I deadened the door and did some work for wiring on it... :suicide-santa:

the only cops that give us trouble on the east side really are the state troopers or the county sheriffs. i have 20% all around with 35% on the windshield with no issues.

Ramrod has 5% all around on his over the stock rears and the front two. it all depends on how you drive really nowadays.

Car looks darn good though. how do the mids sound off the sundown? i heard Hove's a long time ago and they weren't bad at all

i like the look of that tint man! any plans for changing up the rims?

Most likely no. Just because I think these rims looks great already to be honest. Plus i want to keep it kinda low key.

Still have not installed the Oxygens yet. Deadened the doors but not installed them because I still am picking a headunit. Ill most likely pick up a cda 117 from Best Buy on thursday and install it.

not gonna lie casey, i like the gti a little better than the evo when i saw it lol. i love that body style golf, my buddy is actully trying to find himself one now.

def tuned in on this, btw love the dc lol

Im just now getting a chance to look at this build log and must say bad ass car man, I remember my 5% tint days but here in Texas they only let us do that on the back window only. I always respected the GTI's once one kicked my ass in a race some years back.

I would also recommend some tweeters for those speakers, nothing outrageous but you will want something to take on the higher frequencies. Hove wanted some tweeters too but he was to lazy to get some and put them in, he wont tell you that but I will. If you have any questions just ask. Keep up the good work and nice equipment, now you have me wanting to get a Crescendo BC5500 (damn you Mac).

not gonna lie casey, i like the gti a little better than the evo when i saw it lol. i love that body style golf, my buddy is actully trying to find himself one now.

def tuned in on this, btw love the dc lol

I am with you also!

Im just now getting a chance to look at this build log and must say bad ass car man, I remember my 5% tint days but here in Texas they only let us do that on the back window only. I always respected the GTI's once one kicked my ass in a race some years back.

I would also recommend some tweeters for those speakers, nothing outrageous but you will want something to take on the higher frequencies. Hove wanted some tweeters too but he was to lazy to get some and put them in, he wont tell you that but I will. If you have any questions just ask. Keep up the good work and nice equipment, now you have me wanting to get a Crescendo BC5500 (damn you Mac).

Thanks for the comment bud. Yeah I plan on getting tweets in the near future.. just want to get it all set up first and see how things go.

As for an update. I ran a run of 1/0 back with this shit protecting it. I dont think there will be any problems with it.

Finally recieved new tracking info on my amp, it will be here Thursday! I still havnt seen many pics of the 5500 so i will post alot for ya guys.

WHAAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS SHIZZZ

gallery_7108_571_387591.jpg

Crescendo BC5500? That is going to be a beast!! Looking forward to pics!!

Crescendo BC5500? That is going to be a beast!! Looking forward to pics!!

Yeah Crescendo. Its currently in Nashville. Not much of an update but heres some pics of what the subs look like in there box. Tried getting a pic of the white led in the box but didnt work out to good. The box is build up 3.5 inches as well. Wish I would have put the plexi up alittle further so you could see the magnets better but what can you do. I still think it turned out great for a jigsaw..

gallery_7108_571_1270409.jpg

gallery_7108_571_365706.jpg

gallery_7108_571_490020.jpg

gallery_7108_571_157776.jpg

gallery_7108_571_52581.jpg

gallery_7108_571_27585.jpg

I like the box. Good work. Let me know how that conduit works. I need to run a bunch of wire and was looking for at a couple of local options. :drink40:

I might have missed it but I don't think I did... What texture/finish is the outside of your enclosure???

I might have missed it but I don't think I did... What texture/finish is the outside of your enclosure???

Heres the stuff I used. It runs about 7-10 dollars a can and doesnt cover much. I would recommend using black spray paint prior.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=79

nice.... I'll see if I can get some and test it out... How does it feel durability wise? Does it rub off easy?

Heres the stuff I used. It runs about 7-10 dollars a can and doesnt cover much. I would recommend using black spray paint prior.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=79

nice.... I'll see if I can get some and test it out... How does it feel durability wise? Does it rub off easy?

As long as you let it dry for a couple hours it works great! Durability wise.. Ive used it on three boxes already and have not had any issues with it.

Got some more goodies..

As of right now I got 2 runs of 1/0 to the trunk so thats done. I plan on wiring up this HU tonight and adding the highs in tomorrow.

This amp in appearence is a beast. Overall finish looks excellent, also got two shirts included.

gallery_7108_571_493145.jpg

gallery_7108_571_38309.jpg

gallery_7108_571_29355.jpg

gallery_7108_571_179518.jpg

gallery_7108_571_144648.jpg

gallery_7108_571_403762.jpg

gallery_7108_571_116000.jpg

gallery_7108_571_18236.jpg

gallery_7108_571_605486.jpg

gallery_7108_571_20887.jpg

gallery_7108_571_370398.jpg

Nice score, amp looks good man.