Mac N Cheese

Mac's GTI build

Amp is sexy. When you get the head unit installed, I have a few qestions for ya. Its nice HU... but so confusing. Lol.

Very sexy MAC!!!

Love the look of those amps. Lets just hope they perform as well as they look. May need to pick one up myself :fing34:

install those O2's yet??? I wanna know how they sound.. and your crossover settings if you will .. :eek5wavey:

As of right now it is in and playing! I got alot done this weekend, installed the headunit, the Oxygens are in and playing. My thoughts on them so far is that they are great sounding all around excellent drivers. Had to do alittle modifying in the panel so they wouldnt hit the window when rolled down but it came out fine.

CDA 117 is an excellent HU for the price, I just wish i could set the HPF to higher than 100Hz.

This week is going to be busy with work so I achieved all I wanted to get done this prior weekend.

Right now I have the gain set at 1/4 and the subs are barely moving.. I know for a fact my windshield is not going to like this.

Broke the prongs of my voltmeter so I cant see my voltage drop yet..need to purchase a set soon.

Hopefully either the DC XP 260 OR 320 alternator will be purchased later on this week.

Heres what still needs to be done.

Deaden headliner

Install Knu 8gauge to woofers

DC alt

And 2 of the big three

Oh and if Sean doesnt forget his D3100 he is selling me at Slamology. :captain:

Heres a couple pics I took while it is super nice here.

gallery_7108_571_378073.jpg

gallery_7108_571_359836.jpg

gallery_7108_571_957311.jpg

gallery_7108_571_18221.jpg

gallery_7108_571_998909.jpg

gallery_7108_571_546459.jpg

gallery_7108_571_133527.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1363716.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1750892.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1020850.jpg

gallery_7108_571_892056.jpg

looks hot bro... :fing34:

looks amazing man. post up next time you head over to this side of the state. i'd love to see/hear your system

Amp is sexy. When you get the head unit installed, I have a few qestions for ya. Its nice HU... but so confusing. Lol.

swagg I have had mine for a while so if u need to ask a Q shoot AWAY! BTW mac please tell me you picked for that amp to be a girl cause it just gave me a chubby! (I teabagged ur drumset.....well my drumset is a guy so that makes you GAY) see i dont want to be gay!

WOW !!! Awesome looking Ride there Bro !!! Very nice ... :drink40:

swagg I have had mine for a while so if u need to ask a Q shoot AWAY! BTW mac please tell me you picked for that amp to be a girl cause it just gave me a chubby! (I teabagged ur drumset.....well my drumset is a guy so that makes you GAY) see i dont want to be gay!

Something seriously wrong with you.... :fing34:

:roflmao:

:grouphug::gay:

Thanks for the comments guy!

Progress will resume Saturday when I meet with dblbelly and deaden the headliner.

Damn, I missed this one.

What happen to the Evo? This one looks really nice, good swap IMO>.

Tuned in for some updates.

hell yeah mac. you should come down friday or saturday. we can work on your car and drink some beer later. i wish i could eventually finish a setup.

Damn, I missed this one.

What happen to the Evo? This one looks really nice, good swap IMO>.

Tuned in for some updates.

Thanks! All in all you could say it just wasnt the vehicle for me. I dont have all this money to keep it up to par, plus upgrading ANYTHING on it is fucking expensive. In the end i didnt need a car that has that much power. Plus I think the GTI is much cleaner and it has beat so i cant complain.

hell yeah mac. you should come down friday or saturday. we can work on your car and drink some beer later. i wish i could eventually finish a setup.

We will see how work goes friday.. But i am forsure coming down Saturday you can count on that. :drink40:

hey Mac, how big is that amp? it looks huge as hell! any dimensions?

Haven't been on the forum lately. enclosure and new amp look sick. I really love how the box turned out :wub:

Thanks Stefan. I really didn't take many pics of the box while building it which I do regret.

Amp dimensions are

Width-9

Length- just over 27

Height-just under 2.75

I missed the install, its looking real good. Im glad your enjoying those O2 speakers, keep up the good work.

Looks great, I might have to try that rustoleum myself.

Its been a while since I have updated this thread. So far I have fully deadened the headliner as of last week. Its solid now thanks to dblbelly. I swapped out the 16ga to 8ga and now am running that to the speakers. I realized I was blocking the port pretty bad with my hatch so I installed some dowels between the hatch and box to give it more room.

I also turned the gain up a tad and the DCs are moving ALOT. With only one d3100 and stock ALT. I am still not dropping below 13.4 at idle.

Next week will be metering time on the way to Slamology. Thinking I will be in the 145-147 range hopefully...but still not too concerned.

I will get plenty of pics up in a sec. :popcorn:

Its been a while since I have updated this thread. So far I have fully deadened the headliner as of last week. Its solid now thanks to dblbelly. I swapped out the 16ga to 8ga and now am running that to the speakers. I realized I was blocking the port pretty bad with my hatch so I installed some dowels between the hatch and box to give it more room.

I also turned the gain up a tad and the DCs are moving ALOT. With only one d3100 and stock ALT. I am still not dropping below 13.4 at idle.

Next week will be metering time on the way to Slamology. Thinking I will be in the 145-147 range hopefully...but still not too concerned.

I will get plenty of pics up in a sec. :popcorn:

That will be a pretty sweet score. GL man! Watching for some pics!

Heres a couple pics from today, as you can see I added some dowels so the box wouldnt budge.

gallery_7108_571_823223.jpg

gallery_7108_571_136209.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1130289.jpg

gallery_7108_571_1079940.jpg

gallery_7108_571_538567.jpg

I will get some more photos at night so you can see the l.e.d. in the box. Overall my opinion on these subs are that they are my favorite pair of subs that I have purchased. The lows are absolutely crazy so far.

Whats left to do is buy my alt which will be purchased in a couple weeks after Slamology. Then just finish up the big three.