edouble101

Mark Fukuda

1992... I was 13 years old and was bugging the hell out of my local car audio shops thanks to Mark Fukuda.

My Mom bought me Auto Sound & Security every month since I was 12 (including MiniTruck). I had my first Kicker 8" sub at age 11 :) (hahaha my enclosure for it was a Tuperware container) Lol Kicker and MTX was the shit back then. Omg MTX IB was bang'n!!!!

Anyways....1992... Mark Fukuda... as I turned the pages my jaw dropped. I honestly, 19 years later have never seen a better install. I still remember reading about him playing Floyd - The Wall at 150db. I remember thinking who is Pink Floyd lolololololo

If I remember his 16 15" hit 152.x or 156.xx....man how times change. Now one 15" gets you 158.xx.

Mark.jpg

Mark1.jpg

Mark2.jpg

Mark3.jpg

Mark4.jpg

Mark5.jpg

1191968414_fzz7X-X2.jpg

You do know that Audibel Customs did that wall design, right?

:)

my brother had one of those blazers as his first car, mmmm 14 yrs ago i think.

Looking at this makes me want one lol

He co owns a rep firm now. I learned a lot of install skills from him and Brian Scmitt(sp?) around 2002-2005 when they were with Rockford.

I,m not that damn old. He was undefeated for what 12 years before he quit competing?

Edited by Audibel Customs

Suuurrreee lol

Like I said I have never seen a better install. Fishman is a close second though :peepwall:

I think Rockford's nissans were one of his best installs.

And now models wear a lot less clothing. :fing34:

I do believe that's his wife

:thinkingboobs:

I do believe that's his wife

Yes sir.

His Blazer was way ahead of it's time. So was Richard Clark's Grand National. You just do not see installs like that anymore. Hell, I have a hidden faceplate install. People are like "what the hell". That was common back then. Maybe someday when I have the cash and time I will do what I have been dreaming of lol

The minis these days are badass. No bs there. Anybody remember "Last Look". Another one of my inspirations.

lastlook19.jpg

lastlook2.jpg

lastlook8.jpg

Ah.. it would have been if u did at least said u did the wall for a min...lol

Well anyways... I know for a fact he was running a flipout dvd player and xs batts :)

Both rides look great. Definitely a lot of time and money in each.

This is a bit of a bump, but reminds me that my friend's dad is Randy Osborne. He worked at Bazooka when they were in their prime, built a van that won numerous titles, and a former IASCA judge.

He is originally from Las Vegas, though.

Wow, Blast from the past.

The first car audio show I went to in Houston, TX this truck was there. I couldn't believe how loud these cars were and how amazing the build were. lol

Amazing how far things have come since then. Those days if you wanted 1000w your ass was going to spend some $$$$.

Cheater amps and HUGE AB amps. Good times.

:drink40:

Ah, the good 'ole days.

MY favorite ride of the 90s was probably Lanzar's Ghostbusters ambulance. Shaq's Critical Mass van was pretty cool too.

diggin that blazer for sure and really lovin that mullet! i was rockin the mullet back then 2 but i was only like 6yrs old

I remember the Lanzar ambulance and the Shaq's van, good stuff. If I recall the ambulance had 15's in plexi isobaric tubes and Shaq's van had neo motored 15's.

I wish I would have been able to her Mark's Blazar!!!!

Two of my local shops had decent demo cars. One was a Lanzar van walled out with 15's the other was a Kicker Ford Tauraus station wagon with 4 Kicker 18's in an plexiglass isobaric bandpass box.

I would love to get my hands on a minty Rockford Power 1000!

Wow, Blast from the past.

The first car audio show I went to in Houston, TX this truck was there. I couldn't believe how loud these cars were and how amazing the build were. lol

Amazing how far things have come since then. Those days if you wanted 1000w your ass was going to spend some $$.

Cheater amps and HUGE AB amps. Good times.

:drink40:

I giggle at the fact that nowadays 10Kw is fairly common.

Fukuda was god in the early 90's. I remember reading that issue with his Blazer. Met him back at the 91' IASCA finals in Oklahoma City, OK.

Back when install creativity and attention to detail were where you scored big points. SPL was almost unheard of back then.

Very Nice Machines 4 Sure !!! Seen them in competitions ALOT back in those days !!!

Geez now that brings back memories!

I lost all my magazines when my parents basement flooded. I had all from CA&E, AS&Security, CSReview, Car Sound and Performance and Installation News. Sure wish I still had them.