Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

7k2e voltage

Is there anyway to run these at 14.8v+ ?

No there is no way

and why would you wanna do that ?????

you only will damage your batteries and also you wont get more power outta the amplifier

14 volts is the best voltage for the amplifier

our amplifier they make power in low voltage

you dont need do that

here is a article about batteries, that goes to almost every brand

Proper Way to charger your battery

I'm just going to say: most high output alternators have a slightly higher voltage, like 15v

So according to you, I couldn't use your amplifiers because my alternator charges at too high of a voltage...

And no I wouldn't upgrade to 16v... Don't need stepdowns for a daily vehicle. But I guess 7kw of power may not be daily either...

Hell even my stock alts voltage varies. In the morning it'll be in the 14.9range, during the day it'll drop to high 13s...

I don't think he meant steady output voltage.. I read it as having a system dedicated to 16v+ .... Most alternators output 14v or more... At least that's what I thought...

I don't think he meant steady output voltage.. I read it as having a system dedicated to 16v+ .... Most alternators output 14v or more... At least that's what I thought...

Traditionally for a 12v system it would be exactly 14.4v charging but often times that's not the case....

A 14v system would charge in 16v range, etc.

I believe the 7k2e amp is designed to be ran on a traditional 12v system, and their max operating voltage is somewhere around 14.4 or so (I don't remember off hand)

but even some stock 12v systems charge slightly higher then 14.4, and then most high output alternators have a slightly higher voltage... so the OP is asking if it would be okay to run it on the slightly higher voltage (14.8v in his case).

Figures...

I just went on the stetsom website and for the 7k2e - 1ohm amp, they show Supply voltage: 9 to 15V

which sounds right... but Jefferson just contradicted that. :WTFBubble:

^^^correct

it cuts off at 14.7v

I have a traditional 14.4v system, but i had a diode in there to run 15.1v, usually sat around 14.8v though.

and yes newer cars charge up to 15v.

Basically i took the diode out and it runs fine, but like stefan said on newer cars it could cause problems.

Edited by djjdnap

^^^correct

it cuts off at 14.7v

I have a traditional 14.4v system, but i had a diode in there to run 15.1v, usually sat around 14.8v though.

and yes never cars charge up to 15v.

Basically i took the diode out and it runs fine, but like stefan said on newer cars it could cause problems.

Yep yep yep.

I personally wouldn't mess raising the voltage using a diode to the stock alt, I'd use a aftermarket HO alt with either an internal regulator or vcm.

But either way, some stock vehicles charge past what Jefferson just said. And even my older car does sometimes...

So is the website correct with the 9v-15v operating voltage, or is Jefferson correct, and the website wrong? Not trying to call anyone out, but it has to be one way or another, and the website makes more sense...

No there is no way

you only will damage your batteries and also you wont get more power outta the amplifier

you dont need do that

^^^correct

it cuts off at 14.7v

Yep yep yep.

I personally wouldn't mess raising the voltage using a diode to the stock alt, I'd use a aftermarket HO alt with either an internal regulator or vcm.

But either way, some stock vehicles charge past what Jefferson just said. And even my older car does sometimes...

So is the website correct with the 9v-15v operating voltage, or is Jefferson correct, and the website wrong? Not trying to call anyone out, but it has to be one way or another, and the website makes more sense...

I don't think he contradicted himself... He stated 14v was best.. But the amplifier has a range in which it can operate... Just like if he stated 2ohms was the best to run the amplifier at but it is rated at output for 1-4ohms.... Just saying... :ughdunno:

No there is no way

you dont need do that

^^^correct

it cuts off at 14.7v

Yep yep yep.

I don't think he contradicted himself... He stated 14v was best.. But the amplifier has a range in which it can operate... Just like if he stated 2ohms was the best to run the amplifier at but it is rated at output for 1-4ohms.... Just saying... :ughdunno:

I reread and this is what I see:

OP wants to run amp at 14.8v+ and Jefferson said you cannot do that.

OP later states that the amp cuts off at 14.7v so that means the amp can't be on any higher voltage and Jefferson was correct :D

So the website just shows the wrong max operating voltage then...

Oh missed that part... I read too fast maybe... But just a last thing, I work in computers and no 2 chips or boards are alike... Maybe just OP's cuts out past 14.7v??? Most do 15v? But if that's the case then they should change the site range to 14.5v or something like that.... :peepwall:

:sleepwerd4:

u know the easy way to get your amp to drop in voltage slightly right?

If you are charging at 14.9v or higher and u only need to drop 0.2v or more.. just do this-

Do not ground strap the front to the rear battery bank.

Typically.. a user will have a loss in voltage during playback from the front to the rear by several tenths of a volt due to resistance in the chassis.

Now, if the amp won't stay on when there has been no playback yet and resistance is low... try and ground the amp to the chassis rather than the battery bank.

None of these suggestions are recommended for someone who is already in the safe operating range...

And none of these suggestions are harmful either as long as you stay within the operating range of the amplifier.

Booooo i = :morepower1:

u know the easy way to get your amp to drop in voltage slightly right?

If you are charging at 14.9v or higher and u only need to drop 0.2v or more.. just do this-

Do not ground strap the front to the rear battery bank.

Typically.. a user will have a loss in voltage during playback from the front to the rear by several tenths of a volt due to resistance in the chassis.

Now, if the amp won't stay on when there has been no playback yet and resistance is low... try and ground the amp to the chassis rather than the battery bank.

None of these suggestions are recommended for someone who is already in the safe operating range...

And none of these suggestions are harmful either as long as you stay within the operating range of the amplifier.

I think you know just a lil too much some time Shiz lol

hey your in KY, I'm in Nash, I should make a trip up there sometime, and win I get some mulah, maybe even become a team member :peepwall: