elrod

12's or 1 15

96 civic coupe with an aq2200, optima d35 yellow top up front and a kinetic 3800 in the back (overkill?) with a 200+ amp alt (havent sourced yet).

plan is to seal off the trunk sub n port goin into the cab.

box wise im looking at 5 cubic ft or so after port and sub displacement.

so... 2 fi q 12's or 1 btl n2 15? both would be fully loaded (cooling and extra spider for the Q... high xmax coil and cooling for btl.)

i listen to alotta stuff so im thinking tune the port to 33-35?

if you guys have suggestions other then those please lemme know.

thanks!

Btl vs Q. I don't get it?? Goals for the setup?

Edited by ricksi30

I would go with two 12"s, more cone area. I would also run two 12" BTL if this in a daily ground pounder setup :gayhaaay1:

I was debating on the same thing... I ended up going with a single 15" Memphis Mojo. 4 cubes @ 30Hz, trunk sealed to armrest... 2 12's would be louder but I wanted to go with the least electrical consumption and that's obviously not an issue for you. You will save a little money on drivers if you go with the single 15.

Pics of my setup: SPL & SQ / Fabrication

I would go with two 12"s, more cone area. I would also run two 12" BTL if this in a daily ground pounder setup :gayhaaay1:

x2

You are comparing 2 SQ subs to 1 SPL sub.

IMO you can never have too many batts/alts ;)

I say go with the 1 15 everybody runs 2 12s that horse has been beat to death a million times over.... be different, break the mold, go with the 15. PLUS if you can match the box to your car (box pos. tuning. ect...) you will be louder than all those best buy MTX, JL, Rockford brainwashed punks with less area. That would be way more impressive, at least in my eyes, to do more with less.