XTRMEASURES

favorite brand names

Old thread? Last post 2016?

Cadenence was one of the first mentions I have two I like. A 4 channel with Bluetooth and backlit filter panel. A 2200 watt monoblock that has been strong. Nice looking good features tricky terminals. Inexpensive but seems ok. 

Alpine amps because the power is high not rated at 1 ohm then a fraction of the power at 4 and rated distortion is low the lowest I see published. I stay away if amps don’t list THD or if it’s 1%. 0.003 is nice. 

Alpine type R speakers because the small magnet helped installing in a tight spot also nostalgia. 

Clarion head unit nice features low price matched original factory tape. 

MTX 9500 Thunder. I done know much on subs but they look cool are huge have the best terminals I’ve seen and easily Out performed my Type R

JL iwhen on sale not the worst in its category  C2 sounds ok for a mid priced. They are built just up the road in miami so their neighbors  a recognized name for most people looking at your stuff  

Audicontrol seems to be a game changer  

NVX amps have good numbers for power and distortion and affordable. I’ve seen there stuff with other manufacturers names on them like Polk and Fosgate. 

Ortfon M2 Red cartridge for Vinyl when you’re spinning. 

Martin Logan speakers. Try them once. 

On 6/7/2013 at 10:29 PM, nigel said:

OZ Audio - love my matrix elite 12.  Still have it, but am trying new stuff again just for fun...

Alpine - still have my CDA-7998, probably my favorite deck that I've run (run different alpines, Pioneer, Sony, JVC...)

JBL for amps - ran a pair of their amps for 7 years with no hiccups, and I wasn't nice to them either.

Find it amazing, I made this post 7 years ago, I am still running this oz me 12 just using it in my garage in a sealed enclosure off of low power (old computer speaker amp).  Gets used pretty much on the daily.  Still awesome, still love it.  Still my favorite sub I've ever owned.

Still have the old alpine cda-7998 sitting on the top shelf above my work bench.  Hasn't been hooked up in years. Was never able to part with it when it was still relevant.  Now, with all the Bluetooth, factory integration, NAV etc it's just a relic of a past era.