XTRMEASURES

favorite brand names

Heres a little of the stuff I've used

JVC- I got into car audio using their HU's and I loved them, especially the KD-sh99.

Alpine- I switched to their HU's now.

Rockford Fosgate- My first system was the original 99-00 15" HX2 with the inverted dustcap and a 500a2. Loved it, the woofers took a beating and I used to run the amps on 2ohm mono daily driver. The only time the amps failed is when I had 3 10w3's wired to 1.3ohms then it cut out. In that same year RF realeased the Power DVC which remains one of my favorite woofers to date.

Image Dynamics- When you can get a hold of Fred or Eric they are some of the most helpful people in the world. I love every product of theirs that I have used, including the coaxl ctx6 speaker. My favorite car audio comapny to date.

JL Audio- I've had 2 setups of JL one being the 3 10w3's and the other being 2 12w3's. They were purchased on a trade in and I got a pretty good deal considering its JL. I liked the 12w3's ALOT but I didnt really like the 10w3's. I'm not a big fan of 10's in general.

RE- Owned the HC loved it, now own SE's, waiting for my return to NY to install them.

Adire Audio- Iv only used the Koda comps and they were awesome, the koda midbass is just a greaty little woofer.

Cadence- Used 2 of their amps the z7000 and the z9000. Both were hella good amps and you can paint the orange cover a different color, which is a good thing.

Stinger- Its the only wire and distro blocks I've used so I have nothing to compare it too.

JBL- havent used much except the 1200.1 and I didnt like the amp at all. Dirty sounding, no SS filter it was cheap though.

Edited by blackgeltabs

Just some stuff i've had

Kenwood-- always breaks on me, subs lasted a long time, sounded aight..

Amps--good for a 6x9 or front fill.

JBL-its a love hate relationship with my amp and me, at the moment we love each other though..

RE-loved my 2 12in sexxx's.. Dont know y i sold them though :unsure:

Ah yes to get 2 15in sexxx's but only bought one because the money got spent.

Gotta love em..

Crunch- wasn't a bad amp actaully

Optima-haha, man this amp could take a beating

Alpine- 1507 got the amp still have yet to hook it up :unsure:

Oh yea i almost forgot RF-man my 1st set of subs, i still dont know about em :finger:

After reading some of that... nevermind here's my list and I'll leave it at that...

> Diamond Audio

> US Amps

> CDT Audio

> DLS - absolutely LOVE there stuff

> Almost anything in the higher end Directed Family

> Audio Control

> Eclipse

> The ORIGINAL SoundStream

Now for the lower priced market... these get my "bang for the buck vote ANY day"

> Dayton audio woofs - hands down THE best 12" bang for the buck sub (DVC)- they'll hold 600 watts, ported or sealed and are very acurate.

> American Bass - little known, still maybe have a few bugs to work out, but overall - solid amps

> Avionnix - good amps for the money

> JBL

> Some Phoenix Gold could be in the above list, but most belongs here IMO

Just to name a few - I know there's more, but that's what I got for now :)

Clarion - I love their HU's I have a DXZ-835mp

Cadence - I have an A7hc: the cleanest and more efficient amp I have ever ran.

Adire Audio - I will never give up my B-15.

This amp and sub combo is truely amazing.

ORION- for amps and subs (pre and post dei)

pioneer- head units

and i really havent found a loud speaker that i really like yet although i am trying lol

Top company brand name for me is US Amps. I have had many different US Amps and none of them have had any problems what so ever. Just wish I could afford them now:(

Damn, how could I have missed this thread???!!!

Here's mine.

HUs:

Alpine, Eclipse, Sony and Denon have been my favorites to deal with. Not a problem from any of them. Clarion is okay, but they don't really cut it for me, even though I'm running one now. Can't forget NAK. Awesome units back in the 90s.

Processing:

AudioControl, no more needs to be said. PG and MTX have been awesome for me too. Coustic is pretty untouchable in the X-over area if you ask me. Proven performers for years! The Design Reference series of anything from them is still a contender today.

Amps:

Where to start. Okay PYRAMID! Yes, you read correctly. I have an old Pyramid amp that is "rated" 200x2 @ 4 ohms, and I have put this thing through hell and back 100 times. It's seen 1 ohm loads bridged, and countless years of the gain cranked and never even so much as blown a fuse. You can fry eggs on it, but I've had it for 14 years and it has yet to show a weakness.

My all-time favorites- PPI Arts as seen in the sig. Been running them for as long as I could afford them.

Audison, Helix, and Brax- If I had money to blow, they'd be mine.

Old school Lanzar Optis, The first RFs that came out that were 1 ohm stable, these rocked! My old Blade SE 6. something or other. This 4-channel monoblock was a powerhouse and small as hell. SoundStream Class A and Refs. Had a ton of these.

MTX has been in my collection for years and always will be. THEY HAVE NEVER MADE A BAD PRODUCT! I don't care what anyone says. And for all you who say your fans, you ain't got nothing on me!

Drivers: Damn, I think just about everything out there has been good to me. I find if you put a little extra effort into the install (and some EQ), you can pretty much make anything sound decent.

MTX comps have been a stable for me. ID, the horns kick ass, but are a bi*ch to integrate. Vifa, Peerless, Morel, DLS, DYNAUDIO!!! USD, the waveguides are sweet as well. Rainbow, A/D/S, I could go on forever.

Subs: Well, my favorite as of now is my beloved MAG!!! I was so skeptical of this driver at first. In fact, I had a negative feeling towards it because of all the hype it received. Well, I am SO happy I took the plunge! Now I know what the hype was about. This one will be with me til it's end!

My favorite of all time has to be my pair of SPL 160s. Man these things were so sweet in 3 cubes TOTAL for the pair and only 400 watts. Most impressive sub system I've had to date!.

MTX, can't say enough here. I think I've had at least 1 of every MTX sub made since I was 11. The old Terminators kicked butt! Black Golds are my Fav, yet I have to sell mine. The RT pros, and ThunderCast series rocked for years.

Pyle. First set of subs I ever had. Hit HARD, sounded okay, took power like nothing and didn't need too big of an enclosure. 8" Pyle Pros were awesome in a hatch. The Pyle Driver Series I and II were good for the money.

Adire. Everything I've had from this company has done nothing but impress me. My favorite budget driver and HT monster has to be the Tempest. This thing can do NO wrong. Liked my Brahma, but it just wasn't for me.

RE. Well, the XXX was similar to the Brahma except for it seemed to just keep wanting more power. IT was never satisfied with what it was fed. Had this been different, I'd probably be running RE today.

And last but not least, JBL. Loved every GTI sub I had! Their drivers are all proven-performers and well-rounded subs. They'll suit the Audiophile, and the Bass-head.

Edited by Tirefryr

one of my favorite brands is adidas. they make good shoes. Superstars are all i really wear.

oh, car audio.

Crossfire, Planet Audio, and Stereo Integrity. make up 80% of my system and are all very solid, clean, and great values (especially for the ebay prices i got the amps for).

Orion, as has been mentioned a number of times. Very reliable equipment, very hard to break. Also ran some ED, and I like the company and products. I've also had (and currently run) some JL Audio, and they are very good, too. Retail is pricey, though.

Orion, as has been mentioned a number of times. Very reliable equipment, very hard to break.

you must have never owned an h2 :ph34r:

Orion, as has been mentioned a number of times.  Very reliable equipment, very hard to break.

you must have never owned an h2 :ph34r:

nope, I haven't. Haven't dealt with orion since they were bought out. Maybe I shoulda specified their older stuff.

Do I need to say it?

Adire. Every speaker I currently own is Adire. Car and home... everything. They are the best sounding speakers I know of.

Pioneer for processing. In my Home I use almost all Pioneer Elite, and Pioneer Video. In my Car, Pioneer provides HU duties. Extremely reliable, heavily optioned user interface that is kept fairly simple, and a very smooth laid back sound.

Car amps, Cadence. Again, great sound, amazing prices and heavily featured. My poor amps have taken a TON of abuse, and never even get warm to the touch. Amazing value, amazing output, amazing SQ, amazing features.... Do I really need to go on?

Do I need to say it?

Adire. Every speaker I currently own is Adire. Car and home... everything. They are the best sounding speakers I know of.

Pioneer for processing. In my Home I use almost all Pioneer Elite, and Pioneer Video. In my Car, Pioneer provides HU duties. Extremely reliable, heavily optioned user interface that is kept fairly simple, and a very smooth laid back sound.

Car amps, Cadence. Again, great sound, amazing prices and heavily featured. My poor amps have taken a TON of abuse, and never even get warm to the touch. Amazing value, amazing output, amazing SQ, amazing features.... Do I really need to go on?

yes yes do go on :P

I am getting ready to try Adire. Going to order a Koda 8 for my wife's van. Going to put it under her driver's side front seat in a .35 cube box with about 200 Wrms going to it. Hopefully it should sound very nice.

I'd say that 8 will do well ... you should enjoy it.

Should provide that extra kick.

- Steve

I hope so. The wife doesn't want massive bass or anything, just enough to compliment the rest of the system.

trojan

Magnum XL

:wub:

wait what was this for again. :unsure:

trojan

Magnum XL

:wub:

wait what was this for again. :unsure:

u really shouldn't post about ur boyfriends,ummmm, well, errrr...oh yeah...his johnson. most of us don't really need to know that he's that big..or maybe ur embellishing.... :wacko::blink::lol::lol: :ph34r:

hehehahahahahahehehehehahahaha

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Focal: Make some of the best speakers on the market

Boston: Ditto

Pheonix Gold: Great amps

Eclipse: Tite subs

MB Quart: Make some of the best SQ speakers out there

Kicker: Love the subs, especially SoloX :D

JBL: I only ever dream of owning a JBL A6000Gti :wub:

JL: Awesome subs, bit expensive

Alpine: Best HU's in the world in my opinion

Fusion: One of my all time faves. Though they can be cheap and nasty at times, they're my budget brand of choice :D

Sony: I gotta say, I hate Sony car audio with a passion :lol:

well my favorite brands hmm this is good...i've been thru alot of different systems.

i will have to say mtx for starts...the new stuff they coming out with i dont know ...but the rt2400x....that was my baby...i had 3 of them in a 91 ford taurus pushing 3 power dvc 12(yes the old fogates) and i 2 tell u the truth..when i played jayz- jigga what jigga who ...with the epicenter on...i cracked my windshield....

but anyway..i do like jlaudio personally 4 the money they asking is 4 the w7 is crazy but hey people pay 4 names over quality

orion orion orion...my friend has 2 h215's in a bandpass in a 2001 chrysler concorde...being powered by the orion 2500d...and man o man...the bass is retarded...his volume was at 4 on his hu and i couldnt sit in his car

memphis--very good stuff

hifonics----hmmm i'm hearing mixed reviews...i heard the the xxzeus (1600w @1ohm) pushing 2 orion 12h2's and i must say hifonics gave me a good first impression...at that point i was going to try the bx1500...does anybody have an opnion about the bx1500...is it a decent amp 4 the money..does it put true 1500w @ 1 ohm...i have the money 2 buy it..i just need more reviews from folks who know good stuff when they hear it

Head units: I've had good luck with Alpine units, I've used four of them, and ever one has done exactly what I needed it to do. Not saying I won't try other brands in the future, but Alpine's been a pretty solid unit IMO.

Amplifiers (Car): Even though I really liked the Avionixx 800.2 I had, nothing short of a Butler is going to replace my PG Tantrums, as far as I'm concerned :) Excellent power/price ratio, simple to use, and haven't given me any problems. It's a shame they stopped making them...I'm not selling my T1200.1 and T500.2 anytime soon.

Subs: Even though I'll be trying out a new sub shortly, I'm still keeping my Elemental Designs e12a.22 - for the price, it's an excellent driver. Also a shame that it was discontinued.

Amplifiers (Home): For solid-state, the best I've used would have to be my NAD 3020. No frills, just really good quality sound. For tube gear, Decware stuff is the best by far for manufactured amps, the rest are DIY. That's another story in itself, though...

I LIKE:

Stereo Integrity

JL

Alpine

Focal

Adire

RE

PG

Sony Mobile ES

Eclipse

Many Many more, this is what I have used though :)

I don't like:

Avionixx(amp blows and nearly takes my Magnum with it for no apparent reason)

Kicker... I swear people around here don't call them subs anymore... they say " oh what brand solo baric is that chit?"

Kenwood-no apparent reason :)

Head units: Eclipse, Alpine, or Pioneer.

Speakers: CDT, DLS, Eclipse, Memphis,

I would love to try out MB Quart, Focal, and rainbow.

Amps: Orion, JL makes good amps, Power acoustik if im in a crunch,

Subs: Any CV, Want to give SI Mags a try, Adire, wouldnt mind giving PB a try either.

Alpine!

mmmm

more Alpine!

welcome to SSA