jonbearsmt

going active again!!! new questions

so im gonna go active again.. im going to use the new sundown neopro8's

head unit us going to be a Pioneer FH P8800BT not the bestfor active but its what i have.

amp is sundown 100.4 v1

so im open on tweeters... i used these https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=1466

last time.. they were decent, and small... and i could mouth them with out alot of custom work or cuttin a 3 inch hole!

but im open to seeing what advice is giving.

i also wanted to ask a few questions.

last time i went active i bought 3 sets of tweeters before i got dialed... i would LOVE not to do that this time.

so would these help me stay out of ranges i dont need? https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=117

i used to buy mixed caps at radio shack when i was a kid and run them on things i wanted to cut the bass out of ... but im looking for a more informed approach

thanks guys!

so im gonna go active again.. im going to use the new sundown neopro8's

head unit us going to be a Pioneer FH P8800BT not the bestfor active but its what i have.

amp is sundown 100.4 v1

so im open on tweeters... i used these https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=1466

last time.. they were decent, and small... and i could mouth them with out alot of custom work or cuttin a 3 inch hole!

but im open to seeing what advice is giving.

i also wanted to ask a few questions.

last time i went active i bought 3 sets of tweeters before i got dialed... i would LOVE not to do that this time.

so would these help me stay out of ranges i dont need? https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=117

i used to buy mixed caps at radio shack when i was a kid and run them on things i wanted to cut the bass out of ... but im looking for a more informed approach

thanks guys!

I'm actually interested in the same mid/tweet combo for an active setup, so I'm tuned in. :popcorn:

Edited by ricksi30

Come on start the build already... LoL

oh im ready.. just dont wanna rush in... last active set up i had was very nice,

CDT M6 mids, with the same tweeter the 1 ich seas, on the same amp. and a older head unit.

Do you have your driver locations positioned for a good stage and image ???

acorrding to the vid, 6.5 locations look good, would have to listen further to try and help on angles ...

In my opinnion, tweets need to be on the a pillars (this will greatly set up your stage and image) ... and tone the bass WAY down, meaning a lower tuned, flat response enclosure so that it will not "Unload" at certain SPL frequiencies ...

... just a thought and suggestion ... I'm not trying to tell you how to set up your system in any way ...

If you like, I will be in Boosier City for the USACI Top Dollar event/show on the 11th ...

I will be glad to demo and explain further ...

Thanks bro ... Randal

The cap is a good addition to protect the tweeter against potential damage from equipment failure or the ocassional dumbass attack. You should use another highpass filter for the actual acoustic filter on the tweeter, however. What value you need for the cap depends on what tweeter you end up with and what how high your actual crossover frequency is.

some imput taken.. ill be ask more questions as this goes on.. i wish i could meet you and see what your talking about...

heres a door shot.... i do plan on running my tweets in the A piller, and i want to top mount my 8 in the factory location

lincoln_town_car_2003_niotnet6.jpg

my wife would not let me alter a door pannel like that, nor would I really want to ... VERY clean pannel ...

Angle from the inside (recess if you have to ... but leave the pannel stock ...

just my opinnion ...

Jon, curious on a couple of things. You are calling out for SQ help, but using a pro style mid which to me tends to change your goals...also knowing you I assume this to be the case. What are you trying to achieve?

Also, the Seas Neo IMO isn't for you no matter what the mid, there are other choices though but lets start wtih what you are trying to accomplish.

m5,

looking to achieve a loud full sound with few speakers, something that will keep up with 4500 watts that will be powering my subs,

i want something that is going to sound good on rap, and dub step, but also be able to belt out country songs, something that seems to be alive, and wide spread in the front stage,

the reason why i was looking at those tweeters is because of the small foot print and ease to mount,. but im open to suggestions.

i knew i would catch shit for using the SQ word, but i also knew it would catch your attention!

cable,

i wanted to go under the door panel but with the depth of the drive and the small mount depth of the door looks like i may have to cut up the door panel, regardless of how much i don't want to.

If you're going to do some custom work I would go with some of these.

Faital Pro

These are probably as efficient as your 8s and will play lower than any tweeter out there. The power rating is conservative but will go up as you crossover higher. I'd shoot for crossing over at 750-1k Hz.

Just a little something if you want to go outside of the box. :P

cable,

i wanted to go under the door panel but with the depth of the drive and the small mount depth of the door looks like i may have to cut up the door panel, regardless of how much i don't want to.

I understand this bro ...

My 6.5 drivers are moving from the kick pannels and going into the doors in stock locations (With a few detailed modifications of course) ... Kick pannels are going away ... Door pannel modifications is something I'm not wanting to do either ...

Keeping up and the rest of your goals are rather tough together. Pretty much requires a 3 way with a bunch o' midbasses or horns or a compromise.

If stage and SQ is truly something you need, horns are pretty much the only way to get the output you want and maintain reasonable sound. If it is just output and you don't care what it sounds like other pro audio tweeters work, but give me the same feeling that nails on a chalk board do.

I haven't heard those 3" Faitals but from what I understand they aren't really in the normal pro audio mode (ie not nearly "enough" output).

Real question at this point is if you aren't willing to go all out what you'd like to compromise in the frequency response first.

Keeping up and the rest of your goals are rather tough together. Pretty much requires a 3 way with a bunch o' midbasses or horns or a compromise.

If stage and SQ is truly something you need, horns are pretty much the only way to get the output you want and maintain reasonable sound.

Horns were the best thing to happen to my ears :drink40:

Sorry there are no clear cut solutions. Horns are a good idea, but it's a big price jump from the $30 tweeters Jon originally posted.

Here are two alternatives that are reasonably priced. I hate to adding to the confusion but I think these might be worth a look.

Vifa XT25 buyout

Super Tweeter o_o

Good luck with what ever you go with Jon. Keep us posted. :fing34:

If stage and SQ is truly something you need, horns are pretty much the only way to get the output you want and maintain reasonable sound.

Sorry onebadmonte ... but the king of SSA has spoken ...

Try to fight him and recommend something else that will help the op will only damage your reputation points ...

Thats why I quit ... Just my suggestion bro ...

Try to fight him and recommend something else that will help the op will only damage your reputation points ...

:WTFBubble:

It's not about reputation points ! It's about opinions. You can say what you want, if it's serious. The OP will follow what he feels is good for him.

Always interesting to have several opinions. then you choose what you want.

I did not know ///M5 was a king ! lol. He seems to know what he says, but you too !

OP, sorry. I quit !

:WTFBubble:

It's not about reputation points ! It's about opinions. You can say what you want, if it's serious. The OP will follow what he feels is good for him.

Always interesting to have several opinions. then you choose what you want.

I did not know ///M5 was a king ! lol. He seems to know what he says, but you too !

OP, sorry. I quit !

Sorry bro ... i'm tired of giving suggestion from what i've learned in the Competition lanes only to get shot down by horns and alot of cone area ...

Sorry op ... didn't mean to start anything ....

nah were good. im listing to each of you ... but sometimes it gets over whiling,.

M5, perhaps you should show me what you think may be a good set up for me with the goals i have lined....

hugo, its not that im trying to stay in the 30's dollar range.. its just thats what i used last time.. and its a small foot print thats easy to mount.... but im open to WHAT will do be and DO the best job.

but ... i DO NOT WANT to turn my door panel into a fla type door,.

i know you guys get sick of helping me... but i need it!!!!!!

thanks for all the help. from everyone.

Coming from the guy who is full of subjective nonsense that is funny. Perhaps if you think you've learned something in the lanes you should share it instead of some emotional garbage. You've never done it yet, so I don't expect it. Of course that might require actually reading what the OP typed and asking him some questions to narrow things down. One thing is for sure and that is what you have WON'T work for him, not even close.

And Jon, be glad to. Budget? Time/effort, etc?

well budget... is not unlimited...

i have already bought the Sundown neopro8's so i must use them,

tweeter budget,. i guess... 200 or so for the pair... and thats if you can help me set them so i dont blow them, and have to buy another pair and another pair...

time/effort. i have a fiberglass guy.. that i will have do the job.. but hes kind of a wihny bitch that thinks the driver side tweeter should "slap the passerside in the ear and the passenger side tweeter should slap the driver in the ear"

so.. hell do what i pay him to do,.

i also have accsess to trade my head unit for another... either a alpine CDA-9855 or a pioneer DEH P860 MP

and PS im not scared to do a three way active infact i would love to.. but im not sure i have the head unit for the job.

i also have accsess to trade my head unit for another... either a alpine CDA-9855 or a pioneer DEH P860 MP

and PS im not scared to do a three way active infact i would love to.. but im not sure i have the head unit for the job.

800 or 880 PRS, 3 way active setting built right into the deck no need for ANY external processing, just deck to amp to speakers...makes thing a bit more simple

so the 860 is no help? figures.