Sign in to follow this  
ssh

Door way Pull up bar

Anyone have some recommendations on a door way type pull up bar?

Between this, dumbbells, and pushups, trying to bulk up a little bit in the upper body region. I'm a skinny little fucker and my summer has officially started :D

get some boob implants...

get some boob implants...

No cause that's going to turn you on even more...

lol.. and the big bar going into your room isnt?

lol.. and the big bar going into your room isnt?

I had hopes it would be more subtle.

lmao yall r stupid

But if you want to bulk up u need to eat!!!

otherwise ur just going to be a skinny veiny person.

lmao yall r stupidBut if you want to bulk up u need to eat!!!otherwise ur just going to be a skinny veiny person.

I eat a lot, and don't gain weight, period. Put it this way, I'm within 5lbs of what I weighed four years ago. I'm 18 years old right now...

My wife got me this for my birthday last year:http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6KIt works great, but I don't know how much weight it would hold (I'm only around 160).

I saw that on the first google search, just wanted to see if anyone had tried it or anything else :P

Looks like I'll just order that, thanks. (as for weight issue, I'm well under 160)

My wife got me this for my birthday last year:

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6K

It works great, but I don't know how much weight it would hold (I'm only around 160).

I got that too

Well, the EXTREME version (adds an extra bar on each side).

I love it cause whenever I walk through that door, ill do a few for the heck of it. Keeps me active :P

Im also a push up maniac. Both have helped me A LOT.

About the weight, Im 170 not a single problem.

Sounds good, just ordered it :P

My wife got me this for my birthday last year:

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper-Body-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6K

It works great, but I don't know how much weight it would hold (I'm only around 160).

I got that too

Well, the EXTREME version (adds an extra bar on each side).

I love it cause whenever I walk through that door, ill do a few for the heck of it. Keeps me active :P

Im also a push up maniac. Both have helped me A LOT.

About the weight, Im 170 not a single problem.

160, and I own the extreme version, too. That and the Perfect Pushup completes my home gym. Lol.

u sound like me stefan.. i'm well under 160 too..

I've weighed the same now for 10yrs..

I will eat the hell out of some food.. what does it do? nothin.. just goes thru me normally so i can eat more later..

Bout 2-3yrs ago, i was diagnosed with a food allergy because my stomach had been hrutin for 3-4months and i couldnt take it anymore..

Ever since i am eating better for my system.. people thought i was gonna gain weight now... nope...

Didn't lose or gain when i was eating wrong with this food allergy and i still do not...

So for people like us.. we will always be Team PencilSticks

Sounds good, just ordered it :P

:woot:

u sound like me stefan.. i'm well under 160 too..

I've weighed the same now for 10yrs..

I will eat the hell out of some food.. what does it do? nothin.. just goes thru me normally so i can eat more later..

Bout 2-3yrs ago, i was diagnosed with a food allergy because my stomach had been hrutin for 3-4months and i couldnt take it anymore..

Ever since i am eating better for my system.. people thought i was gonna gain weight now... nope...

Didn't lose or gain when i was eating wrong with this food allergy and i still do not...

So for people like us.. we will always be Team PencilSticks

Pretty much man. I'm sure when I'm older my metabolism will slow, but I know it's not happening soon, and I'm certainly not bulking up in any way shape or form :P

I just have to stay motivated and get a routine down. Every time I start working out for a few months, then sometime I over do it and get sick, then I can never get back into the groove.

The Iron Gym, a few kettlebells and the floor make up my gym. :bigok:

Hey fellow Ectomorph, good luck trying to gain weight. Same as you, I haven't moved in years. The thing is I have a multi-station in the next room, but no motivation to use it. :D

Body-Types.jpg

recently picked up a bowflex extreme from a woman I was "helping with yard work" and didn't want her ex-husband to have it back... lolz ... Best $75 I've spent in a while.... :peepwall:

lol 'yard work'

i wrestled 171 in high school lost like 10lbs every practice and gained it all back after some water and food, (18yr old)

after i graduated did capoeira and worked at fedex and got pretty ripped. (20)

Stopped both and shot up to 210, then 220

Since i've been working out and taking protein and what not i've went up to 230, but have dropped body fat to about 20% (25)

If you really want to gain some weight, get you some goodmassbuilder

not the best but if ur serious im sure godsmack, could point you in the right direction

lol 'yard work'

i wrestled 171 in high school lost like 10lbs every practice and gained it all back after some water and food, (18yr old)

after i graduated did capoeira and worked at fedex and got pretty ripped. (20)

Stopped both and shot up to 210, then 220

Since i've been working out and taking protein and what not i've went up to 230, but have dropped body fat to about 20% (25)

If you really want to gain some weight, get you some goodmassbuilder

not the best but if ur serious im sure godsmack, could point you in the right direction

Yeah I figured once I start a routine down and what not, I'd read up on some posts from Godsmack and pick his brain for a little bit :P

Def get in a good habit/routine of exercise first... gaining weight comes after good practice then eating to build... it works the opposite to lose weight.. get a good diet first then start to exercise after you've built a "good food" diet ... then you will shed the weight

I used to be 170-178 in HS and was a puerto rican Bruce Lee... Then I kept the exercise but kept eating shit ... Then stopped exercising.. shot up to 218lbs at age 25... I lost just about 19lbs after I got a good diet back ... kept my calorie count under 1500 a day ... walk/run every night... then when I got to 195 I started to do weights and cardio... Now I'm 193 with a good build ... just gotta start an abs routine soon... lose the lower belly... lolz

If you aren't gaining weight you are not eating enough. I am about 5' 3" and have to eat 3800 to 4000 calories a day to stay around 160-165. And I don't drink protien drinks because I am lactose intolerant.

Buy some bsn no-xolode and cell mass. If you don't gain at least 1-2 pounds a week you need to increase your calorie intake

If you aren't gaining weight you are not eating enough. I am about 5' 3" and have to eat 3800 to 4000 calories a day to stay around 160-165. And I don't drink protien drinks because I am lactose intolerant.

Buy some bsn no-xolode and cell mass. If you don't gain at least 1-2 pounds a week you need to increase your calorie intake

Lately my diet has been pretty shitty, been living in an empty house eating frozen foods and take out. :trippy:

Anyhow I'm moving to our new house this week, hopefully I can eat right and get into a routine now. Then look into supplements and stuff. Thanks

Food is the best thing about Louisiana. It's the only place you can get a box of chicken and bowl of gumbo when you stop for gas. Then pull through a drive thru and get an adult beverage on the way home

1) I have the same 'normal' pull up bar. It doesn't stay on the door frame too well for me beacuse the frame is THIN........Held me at 243 when I left to come over here.

2) Set a work out routine. Don't add in extra days, don't dick around when you are in there. Get in and move some iron. Treat it like the weights are your enemy and they will move. Remember FORM FORM FORM. Better to curl a 40 lb barbell with great form, than to curl 60 with god awful form.

3) If you miss a day at the gym pick it up the next day. Being out here I have missed days left and right at times. Occasionally its because I feel like shit, other days its beacuse I have WAY too much going on.

4) Supplements..........If you want to gain size and eating alot doesn't help, they can help. Its all about what you put into you and how often.

5) If you have ANY pasty little dreams about eating three 'big' meals a day will help you add some size you are mistaken bro. 4-7 small to medium sized meals a day. Try and keep them clean. This doesn't mean counting carbs, or fat or shit like that. When you are a rail, protein, fats, and carbs are your motherfucking friend. Get the food down and you will grow. If you still don't then you can borrow my metabolism and get some size.

J

1) I have the same 'normal' pull up bar. It doesn't stay on the door frame too well for me beacuse the frame is THIN........Held me at 243 when I left to come over here.

2) Set a work out routine. Don't add in extra days, don't dick around when you are in there. Get in and move some iron. Treat it like the weights are your enemy and they will move. Remember FORM FORM FORM. Better to curl a 40 lb barbell with great form, than to curl 60 with god awful form.

3) If you miss a day at the gym pick it up the next day. Being out here I have missed days left and right at times. Occasionally its because I feel like shit, other days its beacuse I have WAY too much going on.

4) Supplements..........If you want to gain size and eating alot doesn't help, they can help. Its all about what you put into you and how often.

5) If you have ANY pasty little dreams about eating three 'big' meals a day will help you add some size you are mistaken bro. 4-7 small to medium sized meals a day. Try and keep them clean. This doesn't mean counting carbs, or fat or shit like that. When you are a rail, protein, fats, and carbs are your motherfucking friend. Get the food down and you will grow. If you still don't then you can borrow my metabolism and get some size.

J

I'll see how it goes after the first few months then talk more about supplements (doubt I'll need it / be that serious) if need be.