Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

730lb raw squat @ 210 lbs body weight

lol he was too hype.

I'm squatin 500 or so right now weigh abput 230lbs

, 700+ has to be insane

But then again he looks like a little short fat guy(like most power lifters)

which im trying to stay away from lol

dude, seriously.. i was sweating just watchin that video...

He's old too. Are you hitting 500 and getting below parallel? I do work out but I don't train anymore. My personal best was 480 @ 130lbs body weight with full gear back in 2003 before I blew my right knee out, it wasn't powerlifting involved through.

At 2002 highschool Nationals @ 119lbs body weight I squat 352, benched 165, and deadlift 390 @ 17 years of age. Right now I'm 5 foot 3" about 160lbs and around 8 to 10 percent body fat.

yea thats another thing how tall is he? because weighing 210 might be different for his body composition.

Plus they say you get stronger as you get older lol

im 25 5'9 230lbs

20%bf according to the handheld body fat monitor

When i tell people i weigh 230 they dont believe me lol, they think i weigh like 180

I'm at a plateau of 500x3 to 5 reps in squat right now, wide stance-low bar, but parallel yes

but ive been concentrating on my bench because it has been my weak spot, got 345x3 today though which is a pr for me

gear? as in bench shirt?

i dont even use a belt lol, i feel like it takes the weight off my back, but hey thats just me.

yea thats another thing how tall is he? because weighing 210 might be different for his body composition.

Plus they say you get stronger as you get older lol

im 25 5'9 230lbs

20%bf according to the handheld body fat monitor

When i tell people i weigh 230 they dont believe me lol, they think i weigh like 180

I'm at a plateau of 500x3 to 5 reps in squat right now, wide stance-low bar, but parallel yes

but ive been concentrating on my bench because it has been my weak spot, got 345x3 today though which is a pr for me

gear? as in bench shirt?

i dont even use a belt lol, i feel like it takes the weight off my back, but hey thats just me.

show us some videos of your squat man. alot of people at my gym think they can do 5bills but come no where close to legal. as for me, i do OLY style squats, my max is 335x2 ass to grass. your right you need to up that bench. thats sad compared to your squat and bodyweight. im at 325x2 at 180 pounds.

bench is going up trust me :fing34:

i could only do 225 when i started working out last yr(oct)

i told myself when i could do that 10x id be happy now im workin on 315x10 wantin 405 lol

addiction? yes lol

But i'll see if i can get my gf to record me.

btw (20%*230)-230 = 186

So if i dropped some fat theoretically thats how much id weigh at 1% fat lol

jus had a wtf moment on youtube

:WTFBubble::ehh:

yea she's only about 5 inches above legal.

After two knee rebuilds, I can no longer do heavy leg weight. :(

My right acl tore completely off while water sking. I don't go over 315 now

Can't squat worth a shit any more. Can do a damn decent calf press, leg press ain't half bad either.............Blown right knee has killed any heavy squats for me.

J

holy smokes at these people... I exercise for fitness and don't track maximums... But maybe its cuz I'm a whimp???

And her shit was legal in some orgs...........some it just has to be parallel

J

J

She graduated from La Tech the year I started there. We lifted USAPL. Parallel might have worked in WPO or WABDL, but any ligit organization like USAPL the highest part of your thigh must go below your knee. I was ranked 5th in the nation @ 123's in 2002 for highschool and 14th in the nation at any age group. I know when I see a legal lift.

J

She graduated from La Tech the year I started there. We lifted USAPL. Parallel might have worked in WPO or WABDL, but any ligit organization like USAPL the highest part of your thigh must go below your knee. I was ranked 5th in the nation @ 123's in 2002 for highschool and 14th in the nation at any age group. I know when I see a legal lift.

Ok would you like a protein shake bro? Seriously it doesn't matter if you consider it 'legit' or not her squat would count for other feds. Lemme guess you two were real close? She had you carrying plates for her? Or were you rubbing her muscles with a foam roller after a workout?

J

audibel ever think that you were ranked so high because there are only 14 guys in america that weigh 123 pounds????????????????

Name the federation that would call that a good squat. If you read correctly you would have saw that she graduated the year before I was at La Tech. Therefore she lifts USAPL and in USAPL you have to go below paralell. I never said I knew her, I only know who she is beacuse of her powerlifting history. Why is it when I post my credentials with facts that could easily be googled, only ignorant responces can be giving in return?

There is as much crap talking in power-lifting as car audio *laughs*

700+ is crazy squatting... I never did below parallel like him and I topped out at 405 for a set of 10 (again, not below parallel - just parallel) @ 195 lbs about 5 years ago. 200 more pounds on top of that and going lower... crazy heavy.

Was a bit more of a dead-lift fan myself, though -- not quite record material... but in the middle of a pyramid set maxed @ 545 with no belt or lifting straps (chalk all the way!) -- reps were 225x10, 315x8, 405x6, 495x4, 545x1, 495x4, 405x6, 315x8, 225x10 -- obviously with some short breathers in between sets.

No way I'll ever try that again but it was cool at the time when I was younger :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

I'll be happy if I get up to 400 again at this point in my life!

I have respect for anyone lifting that kind of weight... super hard work involved to get there!

Edited by sundownz

J

Ok would you like a protein shake bro? Seriously it doesn't matter if you consider it 'legit' or not her squat would count for other feds. Lemme guess you two were real close? She had you carrying plates for her? Or were you rubbing her muscles with a foam roller after a workout?

J

Name the federation that would call that a good squat. If you read correctly you would have saw that she graduated the year before I was at La Tech. Therefore she lifts USAPL and in USAPL you have to go below paralell. I never said I knew her, I only know who she is beacuse of her powerlifting history. Why is it when I post my credentials with facts that could easily be googled, only ignorant responces can be giving in return?

So did she graduate the year you started there or the year before you were there?

And just beacuse she was at your school does not mean that she

a) was in your fed

b) wasn't doing it just for shits and giggles in the video

Regardless she is moving some insane weight.

J

She graduated in 2002 spring, I started in 2002 fall. She along with a couple others were still there training for an overseas collegic meet.

A. I certainly agree she is one of the strongest female lifters in the world. However the video that was posted is not legal and you can plainly see she did not even reach parallel.

B. The fact I stated we were at Tech and your responce was "because we were at the same school doesn't mean we were in the same fed". tells me you don't have a clue about the sport. It is very common knowledge for anyone in the sport that La Tech has over 14 National Championships in men's and over 10 in womens'. And that they lift USAPL just like most every other college team.

Once you give me a federation that allows a parallel squat, or show a little general knowlegdge of the techniques envolved in the sport I will continue the conversation.

Never claimed I am an 'expert' anywhere. Sadly I cannot recall the fed, but I remember one where just parallel would work, but God help me I forget the goddamned name.

As far as the fed claims, I have a few buddies who do competitive powerlifting, and they do it in more than one fed, so why wouldn't she? THAT is where the 'same fed' comment stems from.

J

USAPL doesn't allow that type of rack so I would imagine she is lifting a different league, it looks like she has a two ply suit on as well which they don't allow. She is hella strong though. And she is not that big either. SHe looks like a big girl in the video but she lifted as a 148 in college so I would imagine she is still under 165.

Who are your buddies, everyone I trained with were older and lifted in open meets. Unfortunatly I blew my knew in 2003 and had to have it pinned back together, so I don't train anymore but I do workout pretty heavily. Ask them if they know Jesse Kellum or August "coco puff" clark jr. They normally lift in the big events like the arnold classic (untill USAPL started lifting there instead of the WPO).

my buddy August around 50 seconds in to the video. 395lbs at about 140 lbs of bodyweight.

Shit they just local lift in AZ.............or so they claim.

J