irvin productionz

where can i get my wood cut

where can i get my wood cut, i dont have the equipment to do it, only a jigsaw, but suck at it

With a jigsaw it might hurt too much.

Try a machete

as long as you know all your measurements and are buying it there, lowes will do it....they just dont do the cut outs for the sub or angled cuts i dont believe...

that was what i was thinking, but a buddy told me that they **** up the cuts and were off by 1/8-1/4, something i cant afford

that was what i was thinking, but a buddy told me that they **** up the cuts and were off by 1/8-1/4, something i cant afford

to be honest with you...ya an 1/8in sucks but if you dont have the tools to do it yourself then your really SOL. they do cut it right in front of you though, just have them or you double check it and you should be fine.

or spend some money and buy a table saw...just bought mine last weekend and im loving having one. well worth the money ;)

They have a sign that says that they dont cut to exact measurements.

If you need any rings or router work I can help. Shipping would be $ from PA->TX though.

If you have no other option, I can mail you pieces cut to size....

Don't get it cut from Home depot or Lowes...I work in lumber at HD myself and I try to get cuts as close as I can but on the panel saw, if you're ripping an 8' sheet, it could be off substantially. Most of the times up to a 1/4" because the saw is not square.

and if you get a million cuts you are going to piss them off and they will charge you, I would know LOL

I prefer to get my wood polished, not cut.

They have a sign that says that they dont cut to exact measurements.

Then the key is to design a box that has only a few different cuts. That way by default even if they are off it will still be square :)

Find a smaller lumber yard type store, the one I have here locally does precision cuts. It cost me about 8-10$ to cut all the pieces on a ported box. All I have is glue and clamp. For the circle cut out. Use a spiral saw or rotozip with a circle attachment. Nice tool to have.